Search results

1. JP

Effects of MC Loading

And here is random selection result during a third round of testing.
  2. JP

Effects of MC Loading

It tells you on the results page.
  3. JP

Effects of MC Loading

Here http://abx.myhi.fi/?test=https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/9nppvmaag54lskaawq732/MCRL_NJ_AK_Hagerman1.yml?rlkey=bd76o31z69rf59cb6uq5nvu5b&dl=0 http://abx.myhi.fi/?test=https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/e7pql41ovreq8pum77uqc/MCRL_NJ_RL_AK_Hagerman2.yml?rlkey=qaw0gsgkxoh02raaywqv448gy&dl=0
  4. JP

Effects of MC Loading

If the difference are as prevalent as some claim this should be child’s play even with the decreased sensitivity of more than two choices. You’re also still free to download the files and compare whichever two you want using foobar.
  5. JP

Effects of MC Loading

You pick which one you think X is.
  6. JP

Can Someone Please Explain the Technics 2024 Lineup?

The SKUs haven't changed, it's just that the resellers started using them when the model number no longer reflected the color, i.e. 1200 vs. 1210. Around a year ago people thought a new SP-10R came out because they suddenly saw the SP-10RE-S SKU, but that's what it was all along. Attached are...
  7. JP

Effects of MC Loading

Ability to detect below 0.5dB has been demonstrated, though the most likely cause remains the myriad of biases that come with being human. With uncontrolled listening any takeaways are simply unreliable. True that more choices lowers sensitivity, but false that this is a ranked order test -...
  8. JP

Effects of MC Loading

Oh, and there are four options per sample set, not a dozen. There are four sample sets so people could choose a genre they prefer. Smashing Pumpkins has proven far more popular than I’d imagined.
  9. JP

Effects of MC Loading

Have you read the thread? The differences with this cart were: 1k: -0.00dB 100R:- -0.38dB 30R: -1.56dB 10R: -4.24dB 1R: -17.35dB 1dB between 47k and 47R sounds like something is significantly off. What’s the DCR of the cartridge? Thinking that simple leveling or competent digital interfaces...
  10. JP

Effects of MC Loading

Click the link you’ll see it’s a proper ABX. Odd in 2024 to not have a decent DAC, especially with how enabling it is for audible testing. That aside, I’ve passed many an ABX with a set of AirPod Pros and an iPad that many couldn’t. No one has scored a significant result with this one though.
  11. JP

Effects of MC Loading

With basic controls like level matching and blinding, not one bit. Without level matching slight level difference will present as a tonal change. Tests are in this thread - let’s see your scores.
  12. JP

Effects of MC Loading

Actual evidence of any audible affect of course completely absent.
  13. JP

Are Broadcast Idler Turntables "Audiophile" Quality?

Thanks. For the older standards like JIS, weighting is inclusive of the standard, so it’s an on or off situation. IEC 98A is a standard for measuring rumble.
  14. JP

Microscope for Stylus

15. JP

What standard and weighting?
  16. JP

Six years since I wrote that, and no desire to go back from the statement DDs I have today. Out of curiosity, any measurements to go with those claims? “Way better” and “far lower” leave room for a lot of interpretation.
  17. JP

Cartridge Preference Comparison

Speakers and electronics are entirely different things, so I'd guess they'd laugh you right out of the room, and rightfully so. Similar to the speaker statement, trying to twist what I said to service component selection is also completely ridiculous. Your education isn't my burden, and the...
  18. JP

Brooklyn NY earthquake tremors? Anyone else just feel that?

https://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/eventpage/us7000ma74/executive
  19. JP

Things to look out for repairing an EPA 100 tonearm

I’ve posted a lot of pics in a thread on hifihaven. It‘s more some type of glue than thread lock, and acetone doesn’t touch it.
  20. JP

Works best if you apply a little solder to help interface - similar to trying to reflow an old joint. If you only had glue on the lock nut, and only the top one, you got lucky.
  21. JP

To apply heat to the screw. Understand on the AS but my advice is for others who desire for the dial to be accurate(ish).
  22. JP

It’s a lot easier to use a soldering iron. AS should be calibrated against a reference as there’s a lot of sample variation.
  23. JP

Again, it's not a study and results is not the same as a conclusion. For instance, I've never said nor would I ever say that no one can tell a difference. What I have said is that SO FAR there has only been one statistically significant result, and what that situation was. Your objections...
  24. JP

I presented a specific situation, a test of that situation, and gave people the opportunity to take it, with the data being what I'm in it for, as I follow data. Not FUD, not anecdotes, and not hand-waving claims.
Back
Top Bottom