Search results

1. dcmfan

Project New Vinyl surface Noise canceller!

Check your calendars, gents.
  2. dcmfan

Storing Records In Order

In general my system is: Ignore "The" File alphabetically by group name or artist last name (or composer last name for the few classical/opera titles) File releases more or less chronologically Dupes/Alternate versions of a record stay together Compilations go under "V" for "Various" and is the...
  3. dcmfan

multi material bass traps

In my house the vents were fed by flexible pipe, so I just wrapped the metal vent fixtures. I did use rockwall Safe'n'Sound around the metal vents and r30 fiberglass in the joist spaces. The returns were solid metal and I built soffits around them and dry walled that. Like this: This did...
  4. dcmfan

multi material bass traps

The HVAC vents were a major source of sound leaking from my basement to the bedroom above. The treatment I used is effective and consisted of a few elements: 1. Wrapped all supply vents into upstairs rooms with "putty pads" - basically sheets of rubberized clay. I also used acoustic caulk to...
  5. dcmfan

Things you don't see anymore.

Anyone else have one of these? It controlled a motor on the roof antenna so we could point the thing in different directions and pick up TV stations better. We got EVERYTHING! CBS, NBC, ABC, and PBS!
  6. dcmfan

wifi signal

Have used powerline extenders that run a signal through power outlets - they work but always felt kludgy. Later I used an access point to bring WiFi into my basement. Worked fine, but I wound up with an upstairs SSID and another in the basement. When I'd change locations I had to change from...
  7. dcmfan

SL-1200 Not that impressed

Just quoting Technics: newly developed coreless direct-drive motor and precise motor control technology that eliminates cogging from rotation irregularity Seemed an odd thing for them to call out with the new models if it really wasn't an issue earlier. :dunno: Personally I never noticed...
  8. dcmfan

SL-1200 Not that impressed

I hear the newly developed motors for their latest turntables eliminate cogging, so that's a plus. :biggrin:
  9. dcmfan

VPI 16.5 - Rubber Gasket replacement

Whoops! That changes everything! :thumbsup:
  10. dcmfan

VPI 16.5 - Rubber Gasket replacement

Glad you got it fixed. For what it's worth, when the gasket on my VPI cleaner gave out I called VPI. Matt answered the phone and mailed me a replacement that day. VPI customer service seems to be pretty good.
  11. dcmfan

Picture from your listening spot right now!

No. ATS Acoustics made those.
  12. dcmfan

Do you "Pre-order"?

I started doing pre orders from artist websites. Sometimes they offer extra swag or perks like signed copies. The downside is that some orders take months to ship by which time I've forgotten about it. But then it's a surprise like secret Santa from past me.
  13. dcmfan

Recommendation on Phono Pre-amp

And so it begins! My entire system is the result of a cartridge upgrade that got out of hand. Enjoy the ride! And congrats on the Mani.
  14. dcmfan

Anyone using track lighting in their listening room?

The lights I used are here. I was looking for the smallest dimmable track lights I could find and these fit the bill at just under 4 inches tall. Was also able to get the double circuit track and all other accessories from the same company which made it easy to get everything in one shot. Hope...
  15. dcmfan

Odd - Yesterday I was on HiFiShark price checking Altec 19's. I think it's a very good thing for both of us that we live 500 miles apart. Happy New Year, man!
  16. dcmfan

What Record Are You Hearing Now?

Been playing this on New Year's Eve for the last 43 years: Hope that 2024 gives you uninteresting times, full of monotony and precedented events!
  17. dcmfan

I chose track lighting and surface mounted lights over can lights because my listening room is directly below the main bedroom and I wanted to keep the loud downstairs. I soundproofed the heck out of the construction and cutting big holes for lights would have made all that effort worthless...
  18. dcmfan

I Regressed And Bought A New Watch

Bought myself a late Xmas present! It's not quite a Moon watch but kind of fun to have:
  19. dcmfan

The Official SOTA Turntable Thread

The only cable I've paid much attention to is the phono cable, and that's simply because the stock SME tonearm cable picked up a hum from a TV that was mounted over the equipment rack at one point. I changed it out for one of these and the hum disappeared. If I'm not mistaken, the Rega tonearm...
  20. dcmfan

‘Taylor Swift: The Eras Tour’ Concert Movie, Deadline is reporting massive pre-sales of theater tickets.

“I have every expectation that she’ll be that generation’s Dolly Parton.” -Bob Weir https://blogs.marinij.com/marinmusicman/2013/09/18/bob-weir-calls-taylor-swift-her-generations-dolly-parton/
  21. dcmfan

♧ Make a band/artist edible

Sgt Pepper's Lonely Tarts Club Band
  22. dcmfan

Bruce Stringbean
  23. dcmfan

Grateful Bread
  24. dcmfan

Be As Unhelpful As Possible

Ask the in-laws to take a look at 'em. I'm out of patience but the work week isn't over yet!
  25. dcmfan

SOTA Pyxi has arrived

Congrats to SOTA and @wyn palmer for a nice, positive review of the Pyxi here: "Affordable Magic" Glad to see the word is getting out! :thumbsup:
Back
Top Bottom