Search results

1. heyraz

Retip, and a Brass splint??? What should we use...

Just wondering... If done properly...how many times can a cartridge be re-tipped? Are some cartridge brands or models easier to re-tip than others?
  2. heyraz

Retip, and a Brass splint??? What should we use...

Very nice explanation. Thank you.
  3. heyraz

What's your best sounding record? What's your favorite record?

Without a doubt..."Band on the Run" 50th anniversary including the "underdubbed" disc. This is probably the best vinyl I've ever heard.
  4. heyraz

“The Fisher” badge.

P.M. sent.
  5. heyraz

Golden Tube Audio SEP-1 Preamp w/ PB-1 Phono Board - with NUDES!!

Was there anything in the archived posts?
  6. heyraz

Multi-cap cans - always replace??

From an older thread: Hey all, Dan over at CE Distribution here - one of our customers made us aware of this forum post this morning and I wanted to chime in and shed some light on our CE Manufacturing can caps as some questions about them have come up here. The temperature rating varies...
  7. heyraz

Best way to level an unlevel turntable without adjustable feet?

Can you build a sub-platform with leveling feet?
  8. heyraz

Golden Tube Audio SEP-1 Preamp w/ PB-1 Phono Board - with NUDES!!

Try here: https://groups.io/g/golden-tube
  9. heyraz

Multi-cap cans - always replace??

The voltage rating on that Dynakit capacitor is at 55 degrees Centigrade (131 F)...that ain't much for a tube amp. I had CE manufactured caps fail after only 7 years on a Fisher tube amp. Now I pay as much attention to temperature rating as I do voltage rating.
  10. heyraz

Aragon 4004 Series 2 (Not Mark 2) ??

@mondialfan I don't currently have the amp in my possession, so I can't upload any pictures at this time. I did however look through the ventilation grills and noted that all of the (metal) output transformers had "Aragon" printed on them, as well as pencil written values (42). This copied from...
  11. heyraz

Storing Records In Order

I order my records and CD's like they do in a record store. In a record store "The Beatles" would be under "B". Streaming would be ordered under "T", "The Beach Boys", "The Beatles".
  12. heyraz

Aragon 4004 Series 2 (Not Mark 2) ??

@mondialfan I have an Aragon 4004 Series 2 amp (Not Mark 2). It has Aragon transistors (each with pencilled matching values). I'm familiar with the 4004 and the 4004 Mark 2 but can't find any info about "Series 2". Any info available?
  13. heyraz

Grado Timbre series Opus3 and support.

I think ground loop hum would occur with every cartridge, not just his Grado. In fact, the O.P. has stated that his Sumiko is "quiet as a mouse". Shielding between the cartridge and transformer should help. If it were me... For shitz and giggles I would put the stylus guard on the Grado and...
  14. heyraz

There's no hum when the turntable's power cord is unplugged. There is hum when the turntable's power cord is plugged in. There is hum whether or not the power switch is "on" or "off", as long as the turntable's plugged in. I took a quick peek at your turntable's schematic and if I'm reading...
  15. heyraz

You experienced hum with the turntable switched off. Did you unplug the turntable and if so, was there hum?
  16. heyraz

Worth $$ to go from Sennheiser HD580 to HD660 'phones? ...etc, etc.

If you want to demo the 650's- Amazon has them for $295. If you want to demo the 660S2- Amazon has them for $399.95. Amazon has an excellent return policy, you can demo and return headphones.
  17. heyraz

They sound and look the same to me. Why and how does Mass Drop work? Mass Drop's business model seems to offer a manufacturer guaranteed sales for units ordered. It's like they take pre-orders and then negotiates a price with a manufacturer. Google them.
  18. heyraz

Amplifier Choices

Aragon. Especially the MkII The best solid state amps I ever heard.
  19. heyraz

My son and I both have the 580's. Great cans, very clear and even sounding. My son also has a set of 650's, which we think sound better and more extended than the 580's. I have the Mass Drop HD6XX's, which sound identical to my son's 650's. The Mass Drop HD6XX'S are an incredible bargain at...
  20. heyraz

aragon 8008st issue

My Aragon 2004 has a relay and relay contacts have been known to get dirty (carbonized) and not pass a signal at low volume. Quick and easy solution would be to identify the relay (if your amp has one) and tap it with a chopstick while the amp is exhibiting the problem. If that helps... there's...
  21. heyraz

Am I the only one who does this?

I don't look for things to fix, I just fix things that don't work as they should. And I only fix things that I know will stay fixed. I choose my projects carefully because I don't like to waste my time. I would never buy something new just because I couldn't be bothered to fix something old...
  22. heyraz

Streaming is great, but my digital collection (rips, downloads and CD's) is much deeper. Same for my LP collection, many titles unavailable in any other format.
  23. heyraz

What circuits to run for new construction

Not so sure about that. You should check the NEC. I think you should have no problem running multiple circuits from the service panel to outlets on the same wall as long as the length of wire used for each circuit is the same. In this scenario, the resistive path to ground (and Neutral)...
  24. heyraz

For me, it's all about the music. It always has been. I also love to fix things... I'd call that my "super power". Mix those together and here we are. I'm very satisfied with the way my system sounds and I don't go looking for problems.. "if it ain't broke, don't fix it".
Back
Top Bottom