Search results

1. Dazaa

Anyone know anything about these speakers?

You should see the replies I got asking about some interesting shaped cabinets from the 60’s. Turned out to be custom made Lockwood studio cabinets likely worth 4 figures empty.
  2. Dazaa

Anyone know anything about these speakers?

This is such terrible advice. I have found so many off brand speakers over the years containing really nice components, sometimes worth significant amounts of money.
  3. Dazaa

Goodwill/SA/Thrift Store Discussions & Finds

92 was in there, along with Ghostrider 1, star wars 1 x4 copies and 2 copies each of Star Wars 2-4, Action comics 416, marvel spotlight 28, spiderman 96-98…around $7-8k in total according to one of these collection apps. Glad I saved them
  4. Dazaa

What would you do with these cabinets?

Former CEO of Lockwood confirmed they did in fact make special order triangle shaped cabinets and these are very likely made by them. Time to find a pair of Tannoy reds!
  5. Dazaa

HUGE 70’s comic book collection I rescued from being binned today
  6. Dazaa

I’m mellowing out with old age lol not as enthusiastic about never ending projects as I was 10 years ago.
  7. Dazaa

Fully working. Sound is amazing.
  8. Dazaa

Another ginormous power amplifier scrapyard find. TOA P300.
  9. Dazaa

thoughts on market price for classic audio equipment?

These kinda threads are pointless. The people buying sx1980’s for market value aren’t fussed by sound quality nor do they hang around here.
  10. Dazaa

Advice for friend in London

Trusted tech with 40 years of experience and good reviews has disappeared with them. They are cursed.
  11. Dazaa

yep I posted a suggestion and it got removed lol
  12. Dazaa

Massively overpriced.
  13. Dazaa

Life expectancy of a modern AVR ?

Working in e waste, it’s become very common to see 5-7 year old avr’s tossed as faulty.
  14. Dazaa

Audio Cafes in the UK

Quite a few in London I’m meaning to check out. Giant Steps in East London had some insane Klipsch and Altec speakers when I went there 6 years ago. I know of a few small restaurants with decent setups but they almost always have old Tannoys which are pretty boring sounding.
  15. Dazaa

Estate Sale Find! Cerwin Vega M-80 pair NIB

What dumbos…cutting the box Incredible find
  16. Dazaa

Audio as a hobby is dying ... ?

Except for Japan
  17. Dazaa

Very nice JVC speakers found at the recyclers today. 30Kg each
  18. Dazaa

Pic of the back, definitely meant to be wall mounted
  19. Dazaa

Need to find out if they are genuine Lockwood cabinets. If so they are likely worth a fair bit unmolested.
  20. Dazaa

Pics as requested. I’m 99% sure these housed tannoys, the 4 screws for the crossover confirm this. Incredibly well made, i’ve found loads of 70’s kit speakers over the years and you can tell a homebrew cab; these are nothing like those. Grill cloth used to be red
  21. Dazaa

Interesting picture on the Lockwood website
  22. Dazaa

I dont think there is any harrods connection beyond the cardboard used for protection but you never know
  23. Dazaa

Thank you. Yes I agree with the lockwood opinion, they are incredibly well built, weigh maybe 30 or 40 KG unloaded and have hooks on the back. Heres how they came in, clearly meant something to someone once upon a time to be so nicely protected.
  24. Dazaa

Coz its vintage init The bubble has burst IMO, glory days of flipping are gone. Decline began early 2023 and sales have been slowing ever since, I expect the thrift stores will eventually price things accordingly if they don’t sell
  25. Dazaa

I’ll throw them back in the burn pile at the recyclers then, everyone happy now?
Back
Top Bottom