Search results

1. atarione

More bullshit about Bluetooth headphones

Similar to the other device posted but my mobile solution for the last 2x~ years has been an Elecom 200mW Bluetooth receiver /headphone amp w/ ATH-M50X's .. has aptX /AAC.. quite good sound drives the M50's well.. price has gone up (was like $35~ when I got mine... I think it maybe old model...
  2. atarione

Who's listening with headphones tonight? To what?

The Smiths for some reason?? I'm not even sure why..but whatever..
  3. atarione

Sony MDR-V6: Adding a new set to the collection.

yeah.. probably legit.. if they are fakes they sound like crap..worse than $10 headphones.. if they sound decent they are almost certainly the real deal..
  4. atarione

so while it has "worked" out for me.. I no longer recomend the DV336SE

So.. for xmas I got a DV336 which in fairness is very inexpensive for an OTL amp.. but.. the soldering, QC and overall construction is sort of dubious at best.. The amp cost about $220~ at the time (frequently on MD for $200~ ) comes with Chinese (makes sense probably) Tubes that are pretty...
  5. atarione

The Replacements :: DV336 > DT770's
  6. atarione

DV336 and DT770 Pro 80's
  7. atarione

Ray Charles : Ray Charles spotify premium > Scarlett 2i2 > SX3600 > DT770 Pro 80's
  8. atarione

Shortening cable on AKG k44

that should work... looks a bit like a PIA to solder however.. haven't honestly tried that particular style... one thing you'll probably find is the stock cable the individual wires inside most likely with have an acrylic coating .. you need to clear that off to get the wires to tin properly...
  9. atarione

Sony MDR 7506 lost right channel

yeah.. it should have come with a leatherette bag ... says "SONY" on it
  10. atarione

Sony MDR 7506 lost right channel

if you have a multimeter you can start tracking the issue down pretty easily.. if you measure and the connector you can make sure you are seeing the correct impedance on both channels, The cable is an obvious point of failure.. as is the smaller cable running to the right earcup.. taking...
  11. atarione

Let's see your cans!

12. atarione

New to me Yamaha NS-344 3ways

another day in.... I'm quite chuffed indeed.. these are really good sounding speakers.. I wish they had veneer instead of vinyl wrap..but meh.. the speakers where really clean and in quite good condition given there age..
  13. atarione

Are Simply Speakers foam kits any good?

If only refoamed pretty small drivers... biggest was 6" never had to shim maybe because of being smaller... I always just hooked the driver up before glue set and let it play for a bit to center it.. I don't know if that is practical on bigger drivers however? probably not? I used SS also...
  14. atarione

yes... the day I got this Sony stack was a GOOD DAY :music: .. found the whole Sony Stack at goodwill (same goodwill I got these Yamaha's at actually) a few years ago.. 1/2 price sale.. whole stack (amp, pre, tape deck, tuner, surround processor, 2nd Sony amp (N110) for $75 total out the door...
  15. atarione

I'm quite liking these vs the JBL L1's I had been using before (L1's to right of picture.) the 10" woofer and 3 way design sounds quite nice.. detailed.. nice mids and lows and highs as well.. haven't listened much but these seem to be quite nice with the pictured TA-N77ES driving them..
  16. atarione

So found these today... haven't bought any audio stuff in a good long while ..but these kinda called to me.. sound pretty good to me.. 1st 3 ways true story..
  17. atarione

Sony MDR-V6: Adding a new set to the collection.

oh man... I see this got complicated, my guess was going to be that some Sony CS rep just can't be informed of every running production change as seems to be the case... usually the evidence of fakes is that they sound terrible.... if yours sound good they probably are not fakes.. It is a...
  18. atarione

recabling question

if you don't wanna do it yourself.. I read on headfi that people had contacted grado and they had replaced the cable for $40~ish probably try to contact grado i'd guess.. probably cheaper than getting it done elsewhere..
  19. atarione

Realistic Nova Pro?

I have one of these.. russound TBL-75 table top volume control / headphone jack things.. picked up for a couple dollars at an estate sale.. uses the speaker outputs with a resistor for the headphone jack
  20. atarione

Headphones vs. Speakers

For me... the only reason I use headphones is because I need to... i.e. out and about I like to wear headphones to cut outside noise when reading or something and at work ... and at home.. when my wife is home ... I don't think I'll buy $1K headphones.. but spending $200~ or so is not bad.. I...
  21. atarione

Superlux HD668B Cable Mod

ah fair enough.. yeah not much you could to to straighten that... it may be sort of better anyways.. on 2nd thought.. because the design doesn't really all for much strain relief if you swap cables as you've done.. that coiled cable may do better at dealing with strain issues any how?? ... I'd...
  22. atarione

Superlux HD668B Cable Mod

lol.. this is almost (???) certainly the first time I've seen anyone do a non removable cable mod.. nice work.. would it be better if the cable was straight for a bit before the coil starts??
  23. atarione

DT880 and DV336SE
  24. atarione

=P ... if you haven't seen this movie... SEE IT.. 1986's RAD.. lol... on DT770's and DV336SE
  25. atarione

Portable headphone DAC/amp suggestions

well.. here is my own personal experience and thoughts.. I have 3x portable amps (1 being a amp /dac since it is bluetooth) first I have a very small portable amp a Firestone Audio Fireye mini.. it is tiny and sounds quite good.. I liked this as it was fairly unobtrusive and doesn't add much...
Back
Top Bottom