Search results

1. M

KT-88 Red plating question

I don't see the fact that the factory is owned by an American makes any difference. I doubt he is on-site everyday. The workers and likely frontline and middle managers are Russian. Besides, he makes his money when the product gets shipped, regardless of quality of the product.
  2. M

It would be interesting to hear from individuals who have purchased Russian output tubes in the past two years, if the are getting the usage from them compared to earlier examples. Not wanting to turn this into a political discussion, but I have had the thought that the US and other western...
  3. M

From his website, Jim is also in the process of winding down his tube business. He's just selling off his remaining stock of tubes.
  4. M

Amp Noise at Power Up

My McIntosh 2100 has recently developed a noise in the left channel at power up. The noise sounds like a "pfft" for a few seconds and then subsides. No preamp was attached and the amps gain was set at minimum. Is this something that I should be concerned about?
  5. M

Mike Zuccaro

Thanks. Also PM sent.
  6. M

Mike Zuccaro

Does anyone have any experience in using Mike Zuccaro in San Diego for McIntosh repair in the past 12-months. I have a MC 2100 that has developed issues and he's been mentioned on the forum in the past as a McIntosh tech, but nothing recently. I'm also open to recommendations for other techs...
  7. M

R2R Tech Needed

My Pioneer RT-707 needs attention. I am looking for a comptent tech, preferably in Texas, but I'll ship almost anywhere in the lower 48. Thanks.
  8. M

Need to lubricate TEAC CX-650R, but can’t find Orelube G1/3. Is there an alternative?

You might want to contact the company. It looks like they still make it. They might be able to point you to a seller.
  9. M

RT-707 Tech Recommendation Needed

It appears that Vintage TX hasn't been active on the site since Feb 2020. I sent him a PM. Perhaps he will respond.
  10. M

RT-707 Tech Recommendation Needed

I need a recommendation for a competent R2R tech that can service my RT-707. I am in ruralish central west Texas and will ship, but I would prefer not to have to ship it across the country unless I really need to. Thanks
  11. M

Basic R2R Recording Question - Use Source or Monitor Levels?

I had forgotten about the deck's bias and recording levels being set up for a specific brand of tape. I did a test recording using the level meter readings in monitor. It sounded okay when I played it back. Thanks for the help.
  12. M

Basic R2R Recording Question - Use Source or Monitor Levels?

I am trying to understand recording with a Pioneer RT 707 deck that I have recently acquired. I'm recording on a used Scotch 229 tape, using a CD as a source through a Yamaha C-80 preamp. The bias and equalization for the tape type set to LH, as per the Pioneer OM. I am confused about the...
  13. M

Windows Media Player Issue - Help Needed

Thank you for the reply, but as I mentioned in my previous post, the internal CD drive is apparently dead. I replaced it with an external drive and now everything works.
  14. M

Yes it is apparently toast. Got an inexpensive LG external drive this morning and got a CD burned. All is well for now.
  15. M

After down loading the VLC media player, I tried to play a commercial CD with it. It wouldn't play it and gave me this error message: It's beyond me to interpet the message though.
  16. M

I am a bit suspicious tha it might be bad. It won't play a commercial music cd. Also the drive does not appear as an item in the "My PC" list in File Explorer. However, Windows says that it's working.
  17. M

I think that I found it. But I have the same issue that I have with WMP. It doesn't burn to the device after I put in a disk.
  18. M

I tried through method 4 without success. I did not try methods 5 and 6 as they seemed to be riskier to attempt, given my computer knowledge.
  19. M

I decided to record an LP and burn it to CD last week. i haven't done this in years, so I have no recent experiance with the version of Widows Media Player on my computer. The computer is running Windows 10. After getting the LP saved as individual wave files, I tried to burn a CD. Based on...
  20. M

What needle can I get for this cartridge? (And I can't believe this happened!)

There's a couple that match up with a RS500 DJ cartridge at this vendor. https://www.thevoiceofmusic.com/catalog/part_detail.asp?PNumberBase=820&SearchType=MfgNameNeedles&MfgName=Stanton&Categories=
  21. M

Anyone have experience with the Shure M22 cartridge, particularly finding a new stylus?

I believe he goes by Groovetickler on Ebay. His store indicates that he is unavailable until July 31.
  22. M

AK 21st Anniversary Raffle

Nov. 5, 2003
  23. M

Tonearm Arm Board Design Question

Thank you for the information. It opens up the potential for other mounting ideas.
  24. M

There are two very small hex-head screws in the base. They may have been used to set the height by the factory, but it looks there isn't much adjustment available.
  25. M

Thanks for the offer. Since you didn't redicule the idea, attached are a couple of photos of the table and arm. :)
Back
Top Bottom