Search results

1. tinkerwalsh

Need help - looking for a explanation on how to test for continuity

awesome thanks for that reply. might be a good time to order some RCAs and get that done since work is slowing down.
  2. tinkerwalsh

What TT's do you folks have

hey! im running a AR77XB. Just curious what cart you use with yours?
  3. tinkerwalsh

Yah before I cleaned the RCA's I could hear the hum in the music. Now after cleaning it seems like the issue has been solved!!
  4. tinkerwalsh

yes the beep means there is continuity ;)
  5. tinkerwalsh

Thanks fellas for this. I plugged in the AR last night and it sounded good but still a small hum at a very high level of volume. you cant hear it at normal listening levels. how to i got about testing to make sure all the grounds are summed? again thanks so much for the help. really love this...
  6. tinkerwalsh

Okay so I was able to get this set up and figured out - I think. I also gave the RCAs a very good cleaning before hand. They looked very clean but I was surprised how much oxidation came off! I checked my head shell wiring: red wire to red pin beep - no beep to other points white wire to...
  7. tinkerwalsh

thanks for reminding me of that I remember marcmorin explaining that to me. ill look around for the headshell wiring.
  8. tinkerwalsh

Awesome thanks for much for the response! I am back home now and gonna attempt this. Ill let you know how it goes.
  9. tinkerwalsh

Hey everyone - been trying to figure out this hum in my AR turntable and im looking to test the continuity measurements between the headshell contacts and the RCA contacts. I just got a multimeter and I am looking to try this test myself. I have never used a multimeter. Just wonder if anyone...
  10. tinkerwalsh

Anyone in Canada work on AR turntables?

awesome! okay i will do that. im gonna get one and try and sort it out! thanks for the help!
  11. tinkerwalsh

yeah ive tired to find someone not many techs left it seems. i might try and do it myself.
  12. tinkerwalsh

I mostly would like to just have the arm fixed. Love the table the way it is. And no I haven't. I don't own a multimeter (could borrow one) but I don't know how to test for continuity.
  13. tinkerwalsh

hey All, I am wondering if anyone works on AR turntables in Canada? I am in Nova Scotia and I have AR77XB that has developed a hum in the tonearm and RCAs. I figure the arm need to be re-wired since it all original. I dont know of anyone in Nova Scotia who does this kind of work. It would be...
  14. tinkerwalsh

Humm in AR turntable.

its all original - AR77XB I love the table cant imagine getting rid of it! but im gonna have to look for someone who might have the skills to re-wire this arm. Thanks for the thoughts!
  15. tinkerwalsh

Humm in AR turntable.

yeah makes sense about the tonearm wiring it was kinda what i was figuring. i think thats beyond my ability. will have to try and find someone with the skills. thanks for the thoughts!
  16. tinkerwalsh

Humm in AR turntable.

Hey Guys, Just trying to figure out a humm thats been acquired in my AR turntable. I noticed the other day I got a pretty loud humm when I touched the connection piece on the Arm to the headshell. From there I noticed when I touched my red RCA connector at the Amp I got a very loud buzz. I...
  17. tinkerwalsh

AR77XB arm lever not working great

awesome! thanks so much! just ordered up some 100,000 cst silicone! :beatnik:
  18. tinkerwalsh

Thanks!
  19. tinkerwalsh

Alright - the AR77 has been working great but I have noticed my arm lifter isnt working very well at all. Ive messed with the cable underneath by spinning the two nuts back a ways to adjust the cable. That seemed to work for a evening but a day later it was was back to its same old tricks. I...
  20. tinkerwalsh

Dimensions for AR dustcover

Hey Tucker - Im in the Lunenburg County.
  21. tinkerwalsh

Hey John - Ive seen the one on ebay. Because I am in Canada it would cost close to $400 to get it here. I dont really have that kind of bread to spend on a dust cover. So im trying to come up with a cheaper option. Thanks tho!
  22. tinkerwalsh

whoa! this is awesome. :) Thank you so much for sending over this info!! I took some measurements of the base of my TT and they are pretty inline with what you send. But I like these 45s to catch the corners. Seems like a nice detail. And I agree the flange seems like too much. Thanks a...
  23. tinkerwalsh

Hey - Ive been trying to get a dust cover for my AR77XB turntable. Seems like my best option will be to get one made up from a plastic manufacture in in halifax, nova scotia. Ive taken the outside measurements of the table and was just planning on having a 5 sided box made up. looking at the...
  24. tinkerwalsh

Anyone build dust cover?

Awesome! Thanks for all the info! Im gonna do some digging around!
  25. tinkerwalsh

Anyone build dust cover?

Curious if anyone builds dust covers? - dfw
Back
Top Bottom