Search results

1. M

AM Tube Radio...Kit? Scratch?

Hi All, I found a guy named Jerry C. Whitaker. He has a website with projects. I purchased a printed copy of his manual titled: AM/FM Stereo Tuner: User and Assembly manual. He also wrote a book titled: The Tab Guide To Vacuum Tube Audio, Understanding and building Tube Amps search...
  2. M

TL 303 enclosure for 30 W woofer

Does anyone have any experience with the University Sound 30 inch woofer? I bought a pair and am interested in building cabinets for them and somehow integrating them in my system. Thanks, Greg
  3. M

Grafyx SP 10 speakers

I spoke of creating my own speakers. I realized today, HEY! I live in Sun City AZ. There are all kinds of places around here to do really cool stuff. After making some calls there are 3 woodworking shops. One is 6,000SF, very nice equipment and available professional help with equipment and...
  4. M

Glass Audio Back Issues??

I am not much better. I know what a turnip is. I don't think they taste very good, kind of bland. I grew up on a farm in Indiana. My Dad would grow them. Sweetcorn was much better!
  5. M

Pink Floyd - Who's your favorite: Gilmour or Waters

I will Choose Gilmour. Has any of you heard a Richard Wright album titled WET DREAM? I think it is very, very good. Nick Mason has a album titled "Fictitious Sports" I like it a lot. It is just some crazy music, really fun stuff. I think all the music was written by a female. I think I...
  6. M

Career change at 56 and outta work- suggestions?

My Wife used to teach SAGE kids, the really smart kids. Parents were usually a bigger problem than the kids. Being able to pass a drug test is another big one.
  7. M

http://www.sacatonschools.org/ There are some openings of sorts here. Perhaps something here will interest you and you could relocate.
  8. M

I could use some tips on how to scan what I have and posting something in a useful size or format. Thank you
  9. M

Sound Valves VTA 70 help

I was really hoping for a bigger picture like on the other forum. I just don't know how to get what I want here!
  10. M

Sound Valves VTA 70 help

I do appreciate your help. I ordered 10 ohm 1 watt and 5.6 ohm 1 watt metal film resistors for 8 and 9. Should I stick with the 3 watt? There is a fry's electronics here in Phoenix I could drive to easily. They are much like a Radio Shack but sell all kinds of stuff above what a RS is. I...
  11. M

Sound Valves VTA 70 help

Hi Gadget yes, R8 died. I want to replace R8 and R9. The resistor I removed was a 3 watt. I don't get it. Not a lot of experience here. Why does the resistor on the board not match the resistor in the schematic? I did purchase a new matched set of Electro Harmonix EL34's and a matched pair...
  12. M

Sound Valves VTA 70 help

Yes, it is a ST 70 clone. I will try to repost schematic.http://www.whatsbestforum.com/showthread.php?23809-Sound-Valves-stereo-70-amplifier-help Here is a link to another forum I posted the schematic in. Thank you
  13. M

Returning member

I have a few records and reel to reels. Some of the records were on the street to be picked up by the trash guys. I just could not let that happen so I adopted them. The Reels in the gold boxes are older than I am. I think they sound amazing. Some are marked Binaural. Kind'a cool. I have...
  14. M

Heathkit W-5M

This is a amplifier my Dad built in 1958. I am really hoping that it has the better Peerless transformer. Will these components still be good due to their age? Looks like it might have some rare tubes too. Hope they are still good. I posted some pics of the SS! and SS1-B speakers he built too.
  15. M

Heathkit SS1 and SS1-B

Well....It just might be my lucky day. There are several numbers stamped with ink on it. The only numbers on the side are what might be RP302 S or 8. I am pretty certain it is an S. There are numbers on the back too. R-104, 220646 and a smudged one that is ***02. Here are some pics of...
  16. M

I looked over the forum rules for magazines. I did not see any saying I was not allowed to post scans of articles. Do you have anything special in mind?
  17. M

Tell Us Something That Happened To You That Made You Feel Very Old.

Being offered a senior discount at Burger King. I am 59!
  18. M

Grafyx SP 10 speakers

I am pretty sure it is a Jensen tweeter. You could start your own club. If you start it, they might just come to meetings.
  19. M

Grafyx SP 10 speakers

I do believe it is a Jensen tweeter
  20. M

http://www.reynoldsam.com/ I make 1:24/1:25 scale model car parts for fun and extra money. Resin and silicone is an amazing world. There is some physics involved. Take a look around. You could make molds for people. http://smcbofphx.proboards.com/board/45/resin-casting I have been posting...
  21. M

Grafyx SP 10 speakers

It looks like the tweeter is broken.
  22. M

Sound Valves VTA 70 help

OK, I cut it out of the amp. It says it is a Tepro 6550 15.4 ohm 3 watt, 1% NI. If it were a 15.4 K ohm resistor there would be a K there....Correct? It does not take much to confuse me.
  23. M

Heathkit SS1 and SS1-B

Thank you, I see at the bottom of posts of equipment members own. How do I get to that part to add?
  24. M

Heathkit SS1 and SS1-B

I have this speaker set my father built in 1958, the year I was born. The smaller speaker does work but I think the electrolytics in the bass speaker is no good. The bass speaker is pretty rare these days The woofer is a 15 inch and has a huge magnet on it. Dad said that was why it sounded...
  25. M

Grafyx SP 10 speakers

Thank you for the help. This is great news to me. While looking for a tweeter in my shop that I had removed from a Heathkit SS-1B, I found more Grafyx speakers. I have two ten inch woofers and four of the tweeters. I got them from Greg Danner a few years ago. I would like to build my own...
Back
Top Bottom