Search results

1. P

What are you listening to right now and on what speakers

Saw him this week, great show.
  2. P

CDs... an embarrassment of riches!

I hit the $1 cd racks at the local used bookstore on a regular basis. Always leave with at least 15-20 cds. In the process of making a database now so I can quit getting doubles. Also removing from the jewel cases and putting in sleeves to save space. Probably got 3k-4k of them...sickness.
  3. P

New Category: TAPE find of the day?!?

16 TDK 60 minute cassettes still in packaging...$4.64 plus tax.
  4. P

Silly question...

I guess the real question is, is the 1200 an upgrade over what I've got now?
  5. P

Silly question...

I already have 3 good tables. Technics SL-1310 Pioneer PL-630 Pioneer PL-500 (new one) There's a nice SL-1200Mk5 nearby for a good price. Talk me off the ledge or tell me to jump. My brain tells me I'm fine with what I have.
  6. P

Eddie Van Halen Music Appreciation Thread

Right there. These are the two most original and EVH albums of the bunch. A true look at what he could do from a writing and creative standpoint. Ironically, these two were overlooked somewhat when new because I was so young. Now I view them as the high-point of the catalog. I also feel the...
  7. P

Got a new TTB/Doyle Bramhall II track on youtube. Released Saturday, George Harrison cover...check it out.
  8. P

speaker stack on top of Cornwalls, weight ok?

I've got the following right now with no issues. Cabinets seem to be very sturdily built. JBL S38II Klipsch KG-2 Klipsch Heresy
  9. P

Good LP. Guitar army rides again.
  10. P

Your Last Concert (or two)

Here goes... Marcus King Band 8/27 Mark Knopfler 9/03 Dweezil Zappa 9/17 Robert Cray Band 9/24 Government Mule 10/02 Kingfish Ingram/Andy Timmons 10/03 Late August thru Early October
  11. P

Marcus King Band Mark Knopfler Dweezil Zappa Robert Cray Band Government Mule Kingfish Ingram/Andy Timmons Late August thru Early October
  12. P

My new home office setup

Shouldn't that display read 101.5 instead of 103.5 ???
  13. P

I got to see that tour as well. Great show, not enough of Marcus though. Show last week was great. Got to meet Marcus and chat for a minute or two afterwards. Nice young man and a great band. We're gonna have a lot more to look forward to from these guys. Ended the show with a fantastic cover...
  14. P

Last Friday night, Gary Clark Jr. Awesome show. This week, The Marcus King Band. Looking forward to it.
  15. P

The official Music score thread

Latest scrounge through the bargain bin...92 cents each...
  16. P

New Category: TAPE find of the day?!?

Today at Goodwill...4 pre-recorded and 7 Maxell XLII-90s, all @ $0.29 each. Total of $3.30, including tax.
  17. P

https://knoxville.craigslist.org/ele/d/luxman-5m20-laboratory/6714533683.html FYI

https://knoxville.craigslist.org/ele/d/luxman-5m20-laboratory/6714533683.html FYI
  18. P

Thrift Store Cassettes . How do I judge condition ?

I try to stick to the newer tapes with clear shells...usually the better quality tapes too.
  19. P

Thrift Store Cassettes . How do I judge condition ?

They're a quarter in the Goodwills around here...
  20. P

I would not have said it then, but Women and Children First and Fair Warning are THE ultimate Van Halen albums.
  21. P

What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

Been picking them up in bunches. Used book/music store CD bargain bin, most for less than $1. Found many for a quarter. Just got 75 CDs in a goodwill for less than $20. Gotta work on my storage...
  22. P

Who stands now in the shadow of Stevie, and Albert and BB and Roy?

Nobody has mentioned Robert Cray, wonderful blues player and singer. Clapton goes w/o saying. KWS is great. Saw him at an Experience Hendrix show and was ready to leave when he got done with his set, because no one else would top it in my book. Gary Clark Jr. is excellent. Warren Haynes and...
  23. P

Robert Cray Band, 1040 Blues from the Shame + A Sin LP...(aka I Hate Taxes)
  24. P

Pics of your listening space

Heh, Fun Vacuum. More new and amusing terminology to get me into trouble...I like it.
  25. P

My turntable sounds bad with new AV Receiver. Help!

Use the Marantz for TT. IF the new receiver has a zone 2 pre-out, wire it to the aux input on the Marantz. When using Marantz, the A/V receiver essentially becomes a huge Aux input switcher. This way, you get either receiver for just about anything, except TT, which goes through Marantz only...
Back
Top Bottom