Search results

1. totem

Sony PS/TTS units?

It was something the previous owner an engineer put together himself.
  2. totem

It pays to recycle

That's a great find! I had to scratch my head recently when at the recycling depot in the area where paint is left and it is encouraged to take partial/unused tins. When I reached into a large bin of aerosols some never used I was warned I'd be banned if I took any?
  3. totem

Sony PS/TTS units?

Mid century teak tambour door cabinet. When purchased there was other gear on shelves to the right of the table under the non period correct phone.
  4. totem

Sony 2251 and/or 2250 owners thread

Appears the long spindle shown has no threads on the end unless their still in the spindle hole? Likely a home made adapter for stacking.
  5. totem

JVC QL-?? owners thread

Quite a rare table, with the vacuum mat being its Achilles heal. Pretty sure you're aware at this point options are limited.
  6. totem

I'm scratching my head on how the long non tapered spindle is secured to its motor, is it perhaps threaded on to the original short shaft at the removable oiling point threads? Or simply pressed over the original short spindle I seriously doubt the motor was disassembled and a completely new...
  7. totem

Regarding the springs, since the table was available with both a suspended and non suspended plinth version they the springs either lock the drive motor's transformer from its suspended isolated position or secure the suspended plinth for shipping.
  8. totem

That spindle is quite odd looking length and shape wise, what's up with that?
  9. totem

Micro Seiki MA-505 horizontal bearing sensitivity

There are so many variations of Micro arms a firm conformation of exactly which version is being compared is a starting point. Arms that were supplied mounted OEM differ from arms sold separately.
  10. totem

I'll repost these in case anyone is curious since the multi voltage version mentioned. There's a god chance this was a Canadian purchase prior to me obtaining it.
  11. totem

Vinyl wrapping a subwoofer?

If as noted ^ the OEM covering is vinyl then most suggestions are not an option other than perhaps another vinyl wrap.
  12. totem

Post a picture of your turntable

Considering those tables your off to a running start on AK, what took you so long?
  13. totem

Mcintosh Service information binder

Worked at my end.
  14. totem

Ultrasonic record cleaner rotation speed

One of the few people I deem an expert on the topic at hand, brings to mind his discussion on disruption of tank fluid with increased number of rotating records decreases cavitation efficacy.
  15. totem

JBL Dynamics Project - L200 box, 2216ND/Smith Horn/2405 Slots or Great Heils

Many way's to skin { place politically correct word here } the ^ will work, not a first choice for several reasons the offset pivot being 1 with the simpler method of using a strip of wood affixed to the bottom of the router and a pivot point at the desired centre point of hole. Not allowing...
  16. totem

Denon DP-62L tonearm twist

First observation is the cartridge appears to be at a greater angle than the headshell which is also twisted. Your not being to fussy in the least.
  17. totem

Denon DP80 & DP75 Owner's Thread

FYI The poster is no longer with us RIP, although a family member has posted since using his account.
  18. totem

Strange alignment issue w/ SME 3009 II

Just to add for future reference to this thread, both the R Japanese version and the original series 1 version use longer spindle to pivot lengths.
  19. totem

EV sentry III SOUNDS very baddddd help!

Don't think you'd hear any difference also ^ unless 1 of the 2 versions has damaged diaphragms.
  20. totem

EV sentry III SOUNDS very baddddd help!

It's possible the ST- 350's were over driven previously and now the diaphragms are not within OEM spec's. Is your HF adjustment control working?
  21. totem

Strange alignment issue w/ SME 3009 II

Scratching my head, is it just me wondering just what arm tube you have installed on your 3009 xx ? SME did manufacture a 10" curved Japan market 3010-R arm with several visual differences and naturally similarities to traditional 3009's. Is yours then an aftermarket 10" or a 3010-R tube that...
  22. totem

Need help identifying a tonearm

A stretch not at all, in fact a common occurrence.
  23. totem

Need help identifying a tonearm

Not an early SME or later version, has SME similarities in design/style but can't say I recognize a maker. A rough approximation of age is 80's and on.
  24. totem

SME 3009 Type III lead weights

Haven't done a search but the later III version with the single hole in the end of the larger headshell had some other minor differences. Recently there was a pic of a tool posted for rotating the headshell azimuth that I hadn't seen.
  25. totem

Finish that won't darken wood and has a low sheen

Note that flatteners which give a finish less gloss will settle to the bottom of a tin so you can get different gloss levels by pulling some from the bottom. Note that the level of gloss will affect the hardness of the finish.
Back
Top Bottom