Search results

1. crouse

why do recording engineers do this ?

I know I've posted this sometime in the past but don't remember where: I'm not a fan of pianos that are mic'd from the player's perspective. In other words, it sounds like I am sitting at the piano and the high notes are coming from the right and the low notes from the left. When I listen to...
  2. crouse

How much would you expect to pay for a Marantz 22 receiver?

Not that badly. More casual interest.
  3. crouse

How much would you expect to pay for a Marantz 22 receiver?

There is a Marantz 22 for sale local to me. Looks good and the seller claims everything works. Of course, it may need new caps, etc. He's asking $1000. Good deal, bad deal?
  4. crouse

My recent DIY speakers and stands

I'm impressed. Nice work!
  5. crouse

Seeking Recommendations - Warm/Non-Fatiguing Speakers

Maybe used KEF LS 50's.
  6. crouse

Vocals are always to the left… how to correct?

This is why I have to have a balance control. Sometimes my hearing is imbalanced, sometimes it's not. I'll never understand the demise of the balance control. If balance and tone controls cause a decrease in sound quality, my ears aren't good enough to hear it. But, that's a different...
  7. crouse

Marantz SA-KI Ruby CD/SACD Player in the house

Hate to read that. Have you called Music Direct? They might be willing to take a return on it.
  8. crouse

Holy Grail Turntables

Beautiful
  9. crouse

Holy Grail Turntables

There are a gazzillion tables I would like to hear, but I drool over the looks of the Woodsong Garrards.
  10. crouse

Why does this combo sound so good?

I can't tell you why, but I will say my La Scalas sounded better with a low powered Sansui receiver than with a McIntosh MAC 4100. Maybe someone else can provide a technical explanation,
  11. crouse

Why Do People Lose the Love of Music?

I once said that most people hear all the music they will ever be passionate about by the time they are 16. I think it has to do with hormones.
  12. crouse

Any cool audio related Christmas gifts?

It's a Vevor 6 liter. It's one of the inexpensive ones available from Amazon. It does a good job, I would say a little better than the Record Doctor vacuum RCM I was using. In addition, the Record Doctor machine is so loud I wore ear plugs while using it and it required that the user...
  13. crouse

If it’s good enough for Rick Rubin it has to be good system ID’s

I think those are Zellaton speakers in the first picture
  14. crouse

McIntosh c500 DAC setup...I need help

This. I thought one of the inputs on my MA7900 was bad until I realized I had renamed it something else.
  15. crouse

What are you listening to right now the second you see this post

Bonnie Bramlett, "Lady's Choice" The ultrasonic record cleaner Santa brought has me revisiting a lot of old albums.
  16. crouse

Please help with my new rega setup!

A few years ago, I had a Rega RP 6 that I bought new. The stock cartridge was bad. It sounded like the worst inner groove distortion you could imagine. I called the dealer and returned the cartridge to Rega. They sent out a replacement cartridge and all was well. If you bought the table...
  17. crouse

Any cool audio related Christmas gifts?

Santa left an ultrasonic record cleaner and the 10th anniversary box set of Southeastern
  18. crouse

Rega Planar 10 with Aphelion 2 Cart

You can use shims to adjust VTA on Rega tt's. Not an elegant solution perhaps, but it works. Rega makes awfully good cartridges, so if you stay in their ecosystem, cart matching is not a problem. Of course, it would be best to hear the combo you are considering. I use the phone section on my...
  19. crouse

SACD Player with optical out.

I may be forgetting something, but the choices for listening to the SACD layer of an SACD disc are: 1)an SACD player with analogue out to the preamp, integrated, headphone amp, etc; (or through built in headphone amp if the player has one). 2) an SACD player with HDMI out and connect the HDMI...
  20. crouse

Is Tannoy Dead?

I've never heard Tannoy speakers but the brand is certainly iconic. As you probably know, Brits use the word Tannoy as a generic term for public loudspeakers in the same way people use Kleenex as a generic term for tissues. I don't see how their being cagey about their manufacturing location...
  21. crouse

Favorite “One Liner’s” from albums??

"The sunshine bores the daylights out of me." Rolling Stones 'Rocks Off'
  22. crouse

Question about cartridge mounting

Oops. Should have said I'm looking for cartridges that don't require a nut on the screw. Changed it in the first post.
  23. crouse

Question about cartridge mounting

Thanks for the replies. I have a Technics SL1200G and am thinking of upgrading my cartridge in the next few months...if my DAC sells.
Back
Top Bottom