Search results

1. Dale A B

Klipsch KG4 value

I think you bid correctly. I sold a pair years ago for $250. I thought they were okay but my KG 5.2 were much better.
  2. Dale A B

Klipsch Epic Owners?

I've had 1995 CF4 V3 for many years. Have my Heresy II's & Polk Monitor 7C in backup roles. Used to have extra speakers that i sold over the years: Forte 2 KG4 KG 5.2 RF 3 Koss CM1030 JBL 4311B Boston Acoustics A150 & 100. KLH 6 I don't upgrade equipment or buying physical media either -...
  3. Dale A B

How large is your physical music collection?

850 records, 1500 cd, 50 cassettes, 100 concert dvd. I sold 500 CD's in the last few years and spend very little on anything since 2017.
  4. Dale A B

KG 5.5 Better Bass than Chorus 1 ?

I can believe it. I had KG 5.2 and they did very well against my Forte 2 back in the day.
  5. Dale A B

What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

Stabbing Westward’s “Chasing Ghosts” released today. Streamed it twice back to back already - wow.
  6. Dale A B

recommendation of a Klipsch center channel to compliment my Forte I

What about a KV-3 - seems to match my Klipsch and are fairly cheap nowadays.
  7. Dale A B

Mystery Speaker

Yamaha NS-1000
  8. Dale A B

Anyone go to the Glendale, WI estate sale with the Thorens TD-124s?

The amount of useless crap in that link is astounding.
  9. Dale A B

need help - Yamaha R-N803D volume is incredibly low

I am surprised something did not blow up based on you running full bass, treble, and the loudness control. Changing the speaker wires from output A to B should not sound any different. If the amp tested fine and the speakers are not damaged, maybe there is some other button engaged that...
  10. Dale A B

Frustrating, to say the least...

10 yrs ago I bought a so-called working remote control for an old CD player. Did not work out of the box and found rotted batteries had eaten the circuit board. Got my funds back of course but seldom buy and don’t sell on there.
  11. Dale A B

Seiko Prospex At Kohls

Well, it's gotta be large or you won't be able to tell time at 200m.
  12. Dale A B

KG4 passive

There has to be dozens of videos on YouTube that show how to repair.
  13. Dale A B

Todays METAL playlist

14. Dale A B

Klipsch KG5.5 help

What does the other speaker look like inside? Is the foam in the same place? The foam in my Epics was not fastened either so I just put it back “where it made the most sense” and didn’t worry about it.
  15. Dale A B

Aston PS Klipsch HFB speakers ebonized finish

1983 Heresy Flat Black, not ebonized. Not even close to the very rare and desirable 1974 AMW (Albino Milky White).
  16. Dale A B

Are Cornwall IV's Too Good?

There is nothing wrong with your equipment. If there was, all of your music would sound like crap. It is all in whatever source you are using to play. You said it yourself - the Beatles sounded great, the Bangles not.
  17. Dale A B

current heritage grilles

Oh yeah, that would drive me nuts too.
  18. Dale A B

Merry Klipschmas

I would start simple. Wire up speakers to Pioneer. Play radio. Hook up CD player. Add turntable, eyeball cart,etc. You are good to go. You don’t need an equalizer nor Dbx or whatever else is in that pile.
  19. Dale A B

Klipsch KG4's

Too high - I sold mine a few years ago for 250. That would be my max if I found a mint pair - in boxes.
  20. Dale A B

"A date which will live in Infamy"

Well, time heals all wounds and this one has about run it’s course for me. Too many current pressing things going on in this shithole country. I wouldn’t mind nuking a few things from orbit and then I could live in infamy.
  21. Dale A B

What Are The Best Klipsch You Got Rid Of?

Got rid of RF3’s, KG4, KG5.2, and Forte2. The 89 Fortes were fine in all respects but needed a larger room. CF4’s are my daily drivers and I have 1986 Heresy2 sitting idle right now.
  22. Dale A B

Klipsch KLF-20's / Sell, Or Keep & Upgrade

Get them properly set up and listen to them for a couple of weeks before jumping to any conclusions.
  23. Dale A B

Quartets and Academy for music and HT

Your speakers will work with any AVR just fine. Modifications to speakers do not apply in your situation and in the 20 years I’ve run Klipsch I have not modified anything cause it wasn’t broke! It is not complicated at all so hook it up and let it rip.
  24. Dale A B

Forte vs KG 5.2

I’ve had both and would choose Fortes. When I sold the 5.2’s it took a month but the Fortes sold quickly and still hold their value better.
  25. Dale A B

Forte II crossover question

My rule of thumb is leave them alone unless they are broken.
Back
Top Bottom