Search results

1. DogsPart2

Colorado Springs / Denver area

would be amenable to a Norther Colorado meet.
  2. DogsPart2

What was the last movie you watched?

Same here as well. Just plain boring and silly. Watched Oppenheimer with the wife. Meh. Way too long. It was okay, not great and certainly did not receive the accolades IMHO.
  3. DogsPart2

If three songsters, with guitars for a night of listening...who would you invite?

Robbie McIntosh Gordon Lightfoot David Crosby
  4. DogsPart2

What McIntosh Gear Are You Using?

My 8950 replaced my MA6600--->D100 combo. The DA2 in the 8950 is a significant step up from the D100. McIntosh does offer the DA2 in a stand alone component; MDA200.* As with the 8950, the MDA200 can be updated to when/if McIntosh elects to offer an upgrade (DA3 ?). However, as I am an ole...
  5. DogsPart2

Considering a MAC7200

You chose well. I went from a MA6600 to an MA8950 a year ago. The 7200 is from the same family (200w p/ch with autoformers). Should perform wonderfully and provide many years of trouble free use. Enjoy!
  6. DogsPart2

BMW and Mercedes, never again.

nah...gonna get an Audi.
  7. DogsPart2

BMW and Mercedes, never again.

Recently looked at new BMW, Mercedes and Audi. My son suggested I try a Subaru Outback XT wagon. Very surprised how nice this wagon is. Won't impress the neighbors as much as the other 3, however should be a lot more reliable and cost significantly less to purchase and own. As an old and...
  8. DogsPart2

Who's listening with headphones tonight? To what?

Last evening. Chicago VII - Woo WA7 (2nd gen, upgraded tubes--HD800S Quite nice.
  9. DogsPart2

What McIntosh Gear Are You Using?

Excellent choice on the 8950. Mine has been in service for about 1 year. End game amp for me.
  10. DogsPart2

What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

The complete 16CD set is amazing. They were absolutely ferocious. Terry Kath was on fire!
  11. DogsPart2

How many speakers do you have and what are they?

Just 1 pair of Sonus Faber Olympica Nova III
  12. DogsPart2

Post Your Desk-Top System

Woo WA7 - Gen 2 Driving Sennheiser HD800 and HD800S
  13. DogsPart2

Pics of your listening space

New speakers recently passed 100 hours and keep getting better. Had to make concessions for the decorations. Will continue with placement after the holidays.
  14. DogsPart2

Chicago At Carnegie Hall - The complete concerts. Just finished Disc 2. A whole lot more to go through.
  15. DogsPart2

Potpourri Of Interesting *Old* Ads - Anything is game other than Audio!

Brings back memories. I was an A&P Gypsy in the early 70s.
  16. DogsPart2

12 hours of Christmas music queued up.
  17. DogsPart2

What brand signal cables are you using for your McIntosh gear?

For 30 years I have used Alpha 2442C for my speakers. Full disclosure: in the late 80s early 90s I worked for Alpha Wire (now Belden) and my cable was free. I have been using the same cable for 30 years. Now with the addition of my new speakers, I believe it is time to change. The Alpha (2...
  18. DogsPart2

What was the the last audio-related item you purchased?

New speakers arrived last week. 25 hours in so far. still deciding on placement and shopping for a new cabinet today.
  19. DogsPart2

What was the the last audio-related item you purchased?

A new pair of Sonus Faber Olympica Nova III. Arrive early next week. Took advantage of their current "trade up" promotion and traded my Bryston Mini-T speakers. Helluva deal if you ask me.
  20. DogsPart2

List the top 3 best sounding speakers you have ever owned.

1976 - Dynaco A25 1983 - Large Advent 2015 - Bryston Mini-T 2023??? - auditioning 2 this week to replace the Brystons. Not getting any younger, so these are the last pair I purchase. Gotta make it count Vandersteen Treo CT Sonus Faber - Olympica Nova III
  21. DogsPart2

Pics of your listening space

What's in the guitar cases?
  22. DogsPart2

What music/albums do you guys use to test your equipment?

Auditioning new speakers now. a few I take are: 1. John Barry - The beyondness of things 2. Patrick Williams - Aurora 3. Jim Messina - Under a mojito moon 4. Tony Bennett - The art of romance
  23. DogsPart2

Who's listening with headphones tonight? To what?

St. Paul and the Broken Bones: Half the City. Good stuff!
  24. DogsPart2

Still liking the Olympica Nova III ? On my short list for new speakers. Plan to purchase shortly.

Still liking the Olympica Nova III ? On my short list for new speakers. Plan to purchase shortly.
Back
Top Bottom