Search results

1. UH1DG337

How to hook up KP-301 II ? No manual available

All depends on if the oem jumpers are intact. They're located on the inside of the cabinet. If they are removed then external jumpers would be needed when using a single amp.
  2. UH1DG337

Has anybody gone from a AK2 to the AA crossover?

I liked the clarity of the steeper slope crossovers even for nearfield listening over the AA. Never had khorns outside to hear the difference. Everytime I took other speakers (fortes and tangent 400s) outside they seemed to lose bass extension.
  3. UH1DG337

Has anybody gone from a AK2 to the AA crossover?

I switched to factory AK-4 crossovers last year after trying several others. To me the AA and A sounds smeary in comparison even when built with exotic components. Never tried an AK2. The ALK ES is a very good xo too but imo not enough to justify the additional cost compared to what I paid for AK4s.
  4. UH1DG337

Pissing off the neighbors

My current garage system is a pair of KP 301lls and a pair of split MWMs. Amps are a Phonic mar4, Crown XLi 1500 and a Kenwood km-206. Using Rotel Rx402 as a pre and a Driverack PA+ divides the signal. The mwms cross to the KP woofers at 500Hz and the woofer crosses to the mids/tweets at 1k. My...
  5. UH1DG337

What cartridge do I have?

Its mounted in a Bic 960 headshell.
  6. UH1DG337

Has it only been 70 years? Somehow it feels like 75.....
  7. UH1DG337

How loud do you play your Klipsch speakers? I mean loud. I don't care about spl or dBs. Tell me your stories of when it started to get out of hand. Back in 92 or 93 I had my stereo at my sisters place, a home trailer in a trailer park. I had just returned from the service and had no where...
  8. UH1DG337

Learning to Fly

Fly by Night..... Rush
  9. UH1DG337

Learning to Fly

This is a good one for the list of songs with Fly in the title. Fly me to the moon......Sinatra Fly Away ......... John Denver Ill Fly Away (Old Glory)...... Standard hymn. Elton John has a newer song "Learn to Fly" that wasn't included in the poll.
  10. UH1DG337

Learning to Fly

"Look at my fly" on "sticky crotches" by the Rolling Gonads
  11. UH1DG337

Your Worst Concert Experience?

Motley Crue had the worst sounding act at the monsters of rock in Frankfurt Germany. Metallica was best in show followed by AC/DC
  12. UH1DG337

Learning to Fly

There should be many songs with Fly or Flying in the title. Ill start with Fly on the wall.... ACDC
  13. UH1DG337

Learning to Fly

Asia's lineup has changed alot cover the years. Its only a guess but is it John Payne?
  14. UH1DG337

Learning to Fly

Cozy Powell played drums. This album was recorded while Carl Palmer was touring with Asia.
  15. UH1DG337

Learning to Fly

I dont think ELP released theirs as a single so it would have little airplay and little exposure.
  16. UH1DG337

Learning to Fly

My house is divided on the question. My son is a Petty fan. My daughter is more into the prog and likes ELP. My wife surprised me when she chose the acid trip with Pink Floyd.
  17. UH1DG337

Learning to Fly

18. UH1DG337

Learning to Fly

There are at least 4 completely different songs with this title Which is your favorite Feel free to list songs that has the word Fly or Flying in the title
  19. UH1DG337

12AT7 phono preamp

Sound like fun, maybe in the future. My electronic classes seems like they were ages ago. I've been machining for the last 25 years. This past summer I did a really stupid thing when I plugged a hot chassis preamp into the pre outs on a rotel rx402. Well it burnt a ground trace. that wasnt...
  20. UH1DG337

12AT7 phono preamp

I was at an estate sale and picked up 44 12at7 and about 22 5U4GB. With a sack of transformers that I already have, hopefully I can make something that will play more music than noise.
  21. UH1DG337

12AT7 phono preamp

You have a pm, I never get tired of looking at schematics. I have a few 12AX7s lying around too. My line of thought was if one 12AT7 didn't provide enough gain I could keep adding stages until there was enough to run a Dyna ST70 into Khorns or cornwalls.
  22. UH1DG337

12AT7 phono preamp

@gadget73 , @tubeactive ,@nkxrun45 Thank you for the very informative explanations. The RIAA EQ explains why my other early valve amps sounds much better with a phone/cd or any other source compared to a TT. I am open to other ckts as I have look at many. Amps that I have recapped include...
  23. UH1DG337

12AT7 phono preamp

I found a 12vdc 400mA wall wart and wired the heaters of two 12at7s in the 12v configuration. The transformer is supplying 14v under the load of these 2 tubes. Is there a preference to using the 12v or 6v heater taps? Should I leave the tubes as 6v and wire the tubes in series? Does it make a...
  24. UH1DG337

12AT7 phono preamp

Most of the parts I have laying around,,, PT,tube sockets,volume pots, tubes, rca jacks, switches, even some of the signal caps. The PS filter will be the highest out of pocket expense. Im thinking of rectifying the heater circuit and lots of filtering and sheilding to reduce hum, i have a...
  25. UH1DG337

12AT7 phono preamp

I imagine most of the resistor values will have to change and even ad some at the cathodes I have a bunch of (44) Sylvania 12at7 Im looking to do something with.
Back
Top Bottom