Search results

1. K

will we be in a buyer's market?

I wish people would quit bringing up there are "x" # of deaths from the flu, from traffic accidents, from blah, blah, blah. Does that mean if Covid-19 doesn't kill as many people as we thought it might then we can stop using seat belts because that law didn't help kill as many as expected...
  2. K

will we be in a buyer's market?

There are too many of us here that have been through this before in one form or another - OPEC oil crisis of the 70's, housing loan fiasco, 9-11, Enron fake bonds, and on and on. During each one of them certain market segments went down in value/demand and others increased. What was different...
  3. K

Changing of the guard?

Headphones?
  4. K

Cambridge Audio - CXN v2 Network Player

I've had the V2 for about a year now and am using it hardwired. My NAS is hardwired as well in another room. I connected the CXN via coaxial cable to my Music Hall 25.3. Run the CXN either directly via it's remote or through my ipad or iphone. Still don't even use it to it's full capability...
  5. K

Let's hear it for the Chiefs ! Kansas City, we're past due

There was also some drunk dude that was trying to climb higher in a tree with his pants sagging showing his ass and he fell out of it. My wife and son went to the parade and the rally at Union Station. Next year when we win the Super Bowl again I plan on doing the parade and then going to a very...
  6. K

Kansas City Area Ping Thread

I stopped in tonight at the opening of devAAudio in Merriam, KS. They showcased Wilson speakers, REL subs, D'Agostino electronics as well as Electrocompianet(SP?) electronics. High dollar stuff. They had the Wilson Alexx's hooked up to the D'Agostino amps and preamp. Ha - even the high end guys...
  7. K

NH to OH or MO

I'm trying to figure something out. May not be real soon but.........
  8. K

NH to OH or MO

Oh Tox........... I think you are testing me!
  9. K

Pack and ship from San Antonio TX to Charlotte NC?

Might be able to help. I just left there yesterday. Damn wished I would have checked in here then. I have friends that may be able to help. They don't have a clue as to how to pack but I think I can help them through it. I helped him buy a turntable from Jeanmarie and have it shipped to San Antonio.
  10. K

A pleasant stroll through the past

Because of this forum I've gotten to listen to many Infinities that otherwise I know it would not have been possible. Met alot of Infinity owners as well. Each with their own stories, knowledge and equipment. This has propelled me along the Infinity path and chasing that sound. Alot of this...
  11. K

What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

Tunng - By Dusk They Were In The City
  12. K

Husqvarna Motorcycle appreciation thread

Wow......bring back a ton of memories when I first learned to ride motocross. Husky, Hodaka, Penta, CZ, Maico and on and on. Elsinores and YZ and RM's when I raced in Okinawa. After all these years I'm hankering to get back into at least dual sport and looking at KTM and Husky. Ride on brothers!
  13. K

Infinity Kappa 9 - Central MO - $200

So, what'da find out Chris? I had a pair of Kappa 9.1's a few years back. Nice speaks.
  14. K

Who is coming to 2019 Capital Audio Fest Rockville, MD?

Anybody get to the VPI/Genesis room? Was wondering how that sounded. Really, really wanted to go but had prior obligations. Since I went to RMAF this year I'll make it a point to attend CAF next year.
  15. K

New vendor: Sparkos Labs

Just bought a set of their op amps at RMAF. They are right up there with the Bursons.
  16. K

New Op Amps for a Music Hall DAC 25.3

Resurrecting this thread for an update - I bought a set (3) of the Sparkos op amps at RMAF. Ran the same song for the Burson V6 Vivids and V6 Classics as well for the Sparkos. Classics still delivering that warmer sound. Might add that I've put the tube amps away and am running PS Audio M7...
  17. K

PS audio AN 3 speakers at RMAF 2019

I could be guessing here but I got the feeling PS Audio is going for the big ones and they just wanted to get something out there to wet the appetites. Scott got really excited when we talked about the upcoming bigger models to really go head to head against the IRS V. The AN3 seemed a bit...
  18. K

Equipment you still wish you owned

My Infinity 4.5's. Too big for my current room but still, I'd love to have them back to "plug in" every once in a while. Loved their sound.
  19. K

Newly Acquired RS1b speakers....I’ve got questions

Maybe we should start a new thread re:PS Audio/Infinity IRS V/RMAF. I'd like it to be in the Infinity Thread though as that's the chain some of us Infinity fans have been following.
  20. K

RMAF this weekend - Anyone going?

Covered 85% of what I wanted to today. I still don't know what peeps see in the Harbeths but TMR's room was full of people that wanted to hear them. Sounded like 70's Kubaki speakers to me! Not meaning to piss off those that love them. They had the Harbeth 40's playing. However, there was a...
  21. K

RMAF this weekend - Anyone going?

Yep, be there Fri and Sat. Don't know how much Sat as the beer is calling to me. KInda wondering if PS Audio is open Saturday for listening to the big dogs - IRS V. Been there before but want to hear them in the new facility.
  22. K

Cardiac arrhythmia?

Go to the doctor and stay firm in what you experienced. Having a heart monitor either for 48 hours, or in my opinion for 30 days is better, is a very SMALL inconvenience in the future of your life. I work hard, travel alot and spend alot of hours doing it. While having Afib. I died 8 years...
  23. K

So I have an upgrade question

I'd jump into it with either the RS 2.5 or RS IIb. Have to move your pictures up a bit. Oh, and the Klipsch would have to go bye-bye.
  24. K

Kansas City Area Ping Thread

Sounds like a great time. Unfortunately I have other commitments that weekend. Hope it goes well!
  25. K

Time to Fest in KC - June 29th

Well darn, hopefully we'll catch up next time Russellc!
Back
Top Bottom