Search results

1. HiFi in WYO

Anyone Into Old Mercedes?

Alabamabenz in 'da house! The maligned ML320. Haters can hate but this has survived one old lady and her dogs (that chewed up some of the interior before we got it) who hit dam near everything she couldn't see. It's also survived both of my daughters, a year or so as a commuter and again it's...
  2. HiFi in WYO

Speakers with questionable "upgrades"... post your findings here.

Just take a moment to let it all sink in.
  3. HiFi in WYO

What's in your Garage? AK Car Show!

Haha - I wish. That was at an indoor/outdoor car show last fall. I have a much more modest two car garage and I only get half of it.
  4. HiFi in WYO

What's in your Garage? AK Car Show!

1969 Toronado. Ninth (?) year under my ownership - something like that. I just keep plugging away - new exhaust and rebuilt (and now working) original air conditioning this year.
  5. HiFi in WYO

Speakers with questionable "upgrades"... post your findings here.

"Audiophile speakers" the ad says ...
  6. HiFi in WYO

Mordaunt Short speakers

No not aware. I've never come across any MS stuff. Not a familiar brand in my neck of the woods. But that makes sense - it does seem there was something square mounted before that's kind of marked up the face's veneer a bit. Good to know!
  7. HiFi in WYO

Mordaunt Short speakers

Recently picked these little gems (MS-15) up at a thrift store in Denver. Rubber surrounds. I didn't want to spend a ton a money on these so just repaired the rip in the surround. Cleaned everything else up and they're working fine. Pleasant noises - nothing earth shattering, but nothing...
  8. HiFi in WYO

Can anyone identify these loudspeakers?

Not much on these https://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/france-speakers.418510/
  9. HiFi in WYO

Portable Cassette Player for less than a Big Mac?

ByronStatics? What's with these names? Boytone, Bigmonat, Hongut, and SingingWood - those wre just from looking at the other listings from that page. Yeah, I'm not buying anything named "Boytone" or "SingingWood." :rflmao:
  10. HiFi in WYO

lets see your ride !

Every year she gets a bit further along. And yes, those are Pioneer TS-X6 speakers on the deck.
  11. HiFi in WYO

Thorens TD126 mk iii thoughts.....

Haven't done anything further. Prepping for winter which came quickly plus a million other things - and it sits, waiting patiently.
  12. HiFi in WYO

Got it home last night and started some cleaning and tinkering. All the tape residue has been on there so long that it flecks off with a fingernail so that's good. As for the table it does work as do all of the lights. Not sure it's quite running at speed (not sure those phone apps are the most...
  13. HiFi in WYO

Yeah I know, I should always consult the audio gods before buying but for the pittance I paid, it still was a no-brainer. Seller knew nothing - seems like it may have been a cleanout of a relative's business - and I haven't even removed it from the trunk but here it is, the notorious TD 126 Mk...
  14. HiFi in WYO

Oil filters : are spin-on filters really that bad for the environment?

Yeah like, ah, "discussion" about interconnects and speaker wire. If only Fram and Purolator made interconnects - oh the fun we could have. :cool:
  15. HiFi in WYO

Tuesday tunes

16. HiFi in WYO

Ev Interface series 2 and cv

$2.85, some car wash coins and a 12-pack. Those are pretty beat up for a benjamin. Grills? Probably worth redoing if the cabs are salvageable. But not for $100. More like $50 or $60 for the pair. Those EVs look like Interface III Series II. They look identical to mine. Very much worth redoing...
  17. HiFi in WYO

Oil filters : are spin-on filters really that bad for the environment?

Just thinking about this leesonic - if you take it to the ol' JiffyLube for a change, then yeah, I could see replacing those units many times. I don't know who taught those quickie change places that filters need to be spun on to around 500 ft./lbs. of torque.
Back
Top Bottom