Search results

1. Quadman2

Carousel type cd changers

Waiting for two belts to come in for a CX-300 SONY, and hoping that this will do the fix of it none rotating. With over 250 CD's on board it's take a fair bit of power to move these discs around, but it had been working well for the past 30+ years. I made the mistake of throwing too many...
  2. Quadman2

Fun Factoid Of The Day

On the manual sheet with the new product it reads as follows: "If you folow words on instruction shet, and put parts are one fines in the box, devise comes with, all will be done correctly. If plans not followed, look at picture on front of package, and all well will happen good.. Happy times...
  3. Quadman2

Opinion: The long overdue death of the stick shift car

"Motor Trend" lists 30 cars in NA still available in 2024 with manual trannies. Q
  4. Quadman2

… "Wrong Artist Sings Song" subversion

Halleluiah (Cohen-style) Johnny Paycheck Q
  5. Quadman2

However, "Julio I" did do a duet with Willie N..."To all the girls...before". :biggrin: Q
  6. Quadman2

Laserology - CD Players and why they stop reading

Sorry wasn't clear. Was meaning a small attach frame that might put the laser out of alignment if moved so slightly. Q
  7. Quadman2

Dreams.

Mr. B, you're opening "Pandora's Box" when dealing with "Dreams". It's one of the areas that is still undergoing extensive research, and there's far more theories than established findings in how/why the brain handles dreams. There's lots of generalities at this point in the study of why some...
  8. Quadman2

Audio Absurdity Award Goes To....

Just got off the phone with a sales-type ("Gryphon" Dealer), and he quoted me a much lower price than the $100k being banted about. I wonder where this initial cost came from. Q
  9. Quadman2

I hear ya, Nort. Just was looking through MY lens; not the people who could well afford this massive amp, and would have ample room or could afford to have one built. Round my place, keeping boxes is a point of contention with my SO! Again...through my lens, eh? Q
  10. Quadman2

Opinion: The long overdue death of the stick shift car

I really miss the "Stick Shift"! Why? Well, for several reasons. I much prefer the stick, esp in Winter, to either slow down, or to navigate a corner. I tend to drift in thought with the auto-shift, and with the stick, I'm more of an integral part in the driver experience. I like to control...
  11. Quadman2

Two words say it:

Bumper Ads. ie. "If you can read this, get the F*** Back!" Q
  12. Quadman2

"Waikiki Hula" Nightmare Alice Cooper Q
  13. Quadman2

And, this is one "shipping crate" that you would NOT throw away! Q
  14. Quadman2

Man...can you even imagine listening to some "Heavy Metal" applying this amp! :bigok: And the speakers that would be suitable/appropriate for this power gear? Q
  15. Quadman2

Laserology - CD Players and why they stop reading

About to do a tear-down on a SONY CX-300 CD player (2 belt change), and the one thing that was stressed in my look-see online was do NOT touch/brush against the laser head! Pay special attention whenever near this component.! This might have been mentioned in the shared "docu", but I didn't...
  16. Quadman2

Bridge collapse in Baltimore

After thinking bout the "instant", I deleted this descriptor. But by the same token, the auto crossover must be seconds in reaction, no? As a footnote: a deep water salvage pro explained on the air-waves this AM, that with the proper gear/hoist barges, the damaged steel could be extracted...
  17. Quadman2

Last question on this horrific event (fingers crossed). Would there not be a back-up gen sys in place to take over when the electrical "mains" failed for navigation? Q
  18. Quadman2

Knowing these "points of weakness", could there have been any protection barriers put in place, or would this not be a consideration? Again, just curious. Q
  19. Quadman2

I was wondering about three related factors. What is the prescribed speed in that waterway. Is there a decrease of speed limit when approaching obstacles like a bridge? What sort of lighting is used to luminate the forward area used by a vessel of this size. Q
  20. Quadman2

Answer The Question With A Question Game

Do you think I should see a Fortune Teller, or ask Mystic to find the answer of why the removal? Q
  21. Quadman2

Two words say it:

Vestal Virgin Q
  22. Quadman2

Current system… always open to improvement

As most have alluded to already, and going with past suggestions on various threads, I think most start with the speakers and work back through the chain-of-sound. Mind you there are some who think differently, but it's your system and your choice just where/how to start...keeping in mind dept...
  23. Quadman2

My brother forced me to purchase a smartphone.

Got an "A14" as well, but compared to the old "steam-drive" Lanovo G4 Plan I had, it's a marvel in improvement! Mind you all that bloatware is another PIA, but with a different meaning in mind! :-) Q
  24. Quadman2

Suchen sie nach einem PM, Chris. My German's gotten pretty rusty since Uni-Days. And that "PIA" = "Plan in application", eh? :biggrin: Q
  25. Quadman2

In this present (modern) world, C....you really need one, and for various reasons. At times they can however, be a PIA! :bigok: Q
Back
Top Bottom