Search results

1. S

Yamaha B-3 Rebuild

Hello zaibatsu I love the work you did with these monoblocks. Please check your dms. I have a set in Japan right now…
  2. S

Yamaha integrateds _ which is the one that sounds better ?

Thank you for the tip. Ok let's run the fans at the lowest speed on the a-1000 I'm very happy with the a-1000 at the factory recomend bias. Extremely happy. I'm considering increasing the bias on the b-2... 70mV was recommended around here at some point, or to 50 °C maybe? An use the fans...
  3. S

I only use the a-1000 in class a ussing the 5.5" fans. Building quality as you said is good, better than the a-1020 but no up to go for long sessions in class a without fans. Good cath on how close the caps are to the heat sinks.
  4. S

In the video the guy measured high and low frequencies above middle ones. Even before seeing the video I had the mids equalized up. In class a the mid and high frequencies are extremely good.
  5. S

Thank you for the comparison. I'm currently listening to the A-1000 along a Chord Mojo dac and enjoying the combo a lot. I was considering getting a M-80 or M-85... will be looking for a second A-1000 now! Running the A-1000 in class a with a couple of 5.5" silent fans... like it more than my...
  6. S

Yamaha B2 input switch/attenuator bypass

Before replacing the 2SC458 take a look here: https://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/yamaha-b-2-restoration-journey.742789/page-17#post-12371578
  7. S

Somewhere I remember an owner of several B2s reporting that the fading on one channel was related to a fuse. Here is it: https://www.diyaudio.com/forums/solid-state/74725-repair-yamaha-2-a.html#post1018519
  8. S

I have seen a couple of people running the B2 with higher bias (and fans on the top) and reporting that the sound quality improves. I assume that will make it run more on A mode. I have my newly restored B2 running at factory spec bias and it doesn't run hot at all. With such big heatsinks as...
  9. S

Yamaha B-2 restoration journey

I got the relays replaced with new ones and bypassed the front panel switches. Much better now. Really enjoying it. Question: Is there something to gain in terms of sound quality by running it with higher bias that what the repair manual suggests? I'm guessing that can bring more Class A power...
  10. S

JBL Cinema speakers?

Thanks. Do you think a 30w amp will be fine to drive the tweet and mid range? They have the right sensitivity but the power requirements on paper are 80w and more than a 100w...
  11. S

JBL Cinema speakers?

Klipschies are using mostly scratching SS amps... What speakers are you using now? Still on horns?
  12. S

Advice on packing/shipping a Thorens TD 124?

Hi guys, great tips. I will be getting a 124 this afternoon and need to make sure it will not be damaged in the 30 minutes car drive it will take to get it to its new home. What are the best practices for that? Adjusting crews at the bottom? Tapping the arm (it has a sure 3009)?
  13. S

Heresy woofer differences

Lots of great tips! How much of the Acustastuff did you need?
  14. S

Spica SC-50 foam grille replacement

Thank you guys for the suggestions. I got the SC-50i the foam grilles are in excellent shape but I can see that they will need to be replaced at one point. Awesome speakers, they are transparent, kind of disappear and you only get the music, not the speakers!
  15. S

Thanks! Any ideas about that weird equalization setting? My speakers are pretty linear with other amps... do you think updating the 2SC1452 and 2SA810 and protection relays will get more linearity on the sound?
  16. S

Thank you guys! Right now I'm listing to the B-2 with my Castle Tay Speakers and sounds sublime. I was expecting some lack of detail with all the sweetness it is famous for but with my Mojo dac the detail is totally there ***and*** also the sweetness! Truly awesome. After several years of...
  17. S

Thank you for the replay rottalpha. The switches and the pots were cleaned according to my tech. They do not produce a scratchy sound when I use them. May the new components need some time to break in? Here are photos of what was changed on mine: https://photos.app.goo.gl/RhAZBGY3HyQo2vNA9...
  18. S

I just finished to get a b-2 recapped. Prior the recap the right channel was weak and faded away after about an hour playing. After the recap the right channel doesn't fade but starts a little scratchy and after 15 minutes it is a little grainy. The left channel is a bit, almost...
  19. S

Yamaha NS670 re-cap?

I'm getting them recapped. Will port back.
  20. S

Yamaha NS670 re-cap?

Did you do the recap? Any difference in the sound?
  21. S

Bought a pair of L-07M monoblocks...

Great post Richard. Which ones did look more, the l-09m or the l-07m?
  22. S

Is Luxman L-10 any good ?

Was it recaped / serviced? Against which amps are you comparing it?
  23. S

Differences between Trio/Kenwood L-07M and L-5M?

How would you compare the sound quality of both versions of the L-07m?
  24. S

800-C & 63'/'64 Executive owners PLEASE READ!!!!

Looking for an output transformer. Here are mine. I only have one output transformer. Please! If somebody has an extra one will really like to buy it. I really would like to rebuild this 800c. Thank you.
  25. S

Beryllium speaker question

Just for the record, the yamaha ns-25t have titanium twitters. They DO NOT have beryllium twitters. They sound great.
Back
Top Bottom