Search results

1. B

Identify these speakers on rolling stands from 2 pictures please

Seems they are Polish... but now the sale is less assured...
  2. B

Im hoping so. They don’t have to be a great score. The requirements for me was within a 20 minute drive, light enough for me to carry, and cheap. :D
  3. B

I put in an offer on these for a system I’m building for a college student. I offered $150 blind. Am I off my rocker? No idea what they are, any of you fine people recognize them?
  4. B

Happy Birthday biscuithead!

Thanks y’all !
  5. B

Huge Sansui Speakers??

What’s great about opinions of “good”, is that you also get to decide how good they are. Your opinion on what you like is just as valid as everyone else’s!
  6. B

Young people, none of them are into hifi.

I just finished dumping my entire audio collection over 2 years. 500+pieces. More than 75% of the buyers were under the age of 30, and at least 25% were in their teens. This experience leads me to conclude that young people will carry Hi-Fi far into the future.
  7. B

Identify this speaker please.

Friend picked these up for $15. Can’t easily pull a woof for EIA... says they sound fantastic... Anybody know the star logo?
  8. B

Hey Jack Kerouac, what would your take on 2021 be?

I had to look up Bukowski, thanks for the education!:thumbsup: I harbor great respect for anyone that earns the moniker of "laureate of American lowlife".
  9. B

Has your sleep become worse since Covid?

My sleep is a tad bit better. Mortality has really smacked me in the face these last few years. I’ve made some crucial life decisions recently and my sleep has become more restful, and the “sleepwalking through life” has ended. I’m 44 years old, I will no longer be a spectator in my own life...
  10. B

Of candy bars and penny candy

Original post.
  11. B

Of candy bars and penny candy

I know the premise of the thread is the good ole days, but the question of new candy bars was asked... so here’s one you all should try:
  12. B

HOW DO YOU STORE YOUR VINYL?

HOW DO YOU STORE YOUR VINYL? I get so bothered by the cardboard album covers, they go. Then for the sleeves, like the movement of sliding them in and out doesn’t scratch the hell out of them :rolleyes:, toss those too. So mine are strewn about on my floor. Unless you meant how do I store...
  13. B

Generic questions on the F-58 (Futura IV)

just cut the wires. You can install sta-kons later.
  14. B

Ampex Preamp/Tuner 0118 or 550?

That is an amazing confirmation! Thank you. I have often considered just snipping that wire, but admittedly I get zero bleed through so I just leave it as is and never use the tuner.
  15. B

Ampex Preamp/Tuner 0118 or 550?

Resurrection of this old thread to say... The Ampex 550 preamp is one of the very best simple preamps I’ve ever experienced!!! I LOVE the phono section and the line input (Extra) sounds lovely with my McIntosh CD player. it’s exceptional!
  16. B

Focal or Klipsh?

*you have the room... ? *a lower wattage amp *Jazz and Classical, wind instruments = Klipsch Cornwalls
  17. B

Seeking spring-loaded side cutters and long-nose pliers that will last a long time

I’m a 25 year Electrician and my Klein’s have been set aside for Knipex! Incredibly well made ! Love them!
  18. B

Heresy II

~8 years ago, I acquired 4 pairs of Heresy’s all at $250 a pair within about 6 months of each other.All separate sellers, all different cabinets, but same driver load and xovers. During that same time period I picked up a pair of Cornwalls for $600. I’ve since sold my entire Heritage...
  19. B

Your most relaxing / meditative music. Please share

When you want to wind down for the night, or when it’s time for serious introspection, or just when serenity is a must... What is your go to music? Here’s my top three: Check out "Musica tai chi" by I Ching on Amazon Music...
  20. B

J Lo and This Land Is Your Land

I discovered her way late... I watched that movie with Bradley Cooper, and it was completely evident that she is incredibly talented... so I gave her some listen time, I paused pre-judgements, and now own most of her albums. Keep the music discovery alive and you’ll live forever!
  21. B

J Lo and This Land Is Your Land

I’m so excited so many AKers like Lady Gaga... I’ve always hesitated to say anything about her here. I figured I would be chided before anyone gave her any listen time. I think Amanda Gorman stole the show though... absolutely powerful!
  22. B

Heresy II

Lets pretend that $700 is 100-200 over local market value... so what! You like them, you want them. Now let’s pretend that you buy them, you treat them well, but in 3 years you want to try something else and you can only sell them for $500... What other hobby can you enjoy for a $200 lease...
  23. B

Schiit Fans ?

Very happy with my Schiit.
  24. B

Just received notice that Bob Crites has passed

Condolences to the Crites family.
  25. B

Are Power conditioners worth it?

New work / new homes will be required to have a SPD or TVSS Installed in the panel, so the lightning issue will eventually be addressed. NEC 230.67. I use an isolation transformer. Do I NEED it? No Can I hear a difference? Just a tiny bit when gain is up on the tubes and there is that...
Back
Top Bottom