Search results

1. SuperLead100

NS-690 Rebuild

Love it! Very nicely done!
  2. SuperLead100

Fostex T50 Headphones Made in Japan 1970's

Is anyone familiar with the Fostex T50 headphones and their relative value? They are in very nice shape considering their age and I'm wondering what I have here. They are really quite heavy too...I'm not sure how long I could listen with them before they became fatiguing. However, I'm looking...
  3. SuperLead100

looking for tech to service/restore CA 2010

Being a busy guy he may need a gentle reminder. I sort of remember having to reach out again and say, hey you remember you said.... He got back to me and gave me the info to send the gear to him.
  4. SuperLead100

Did you have Dave work on your gear? He did both my CA-800 and CA-1010...
  5. SuperLead100

Yamaha NS 690MKI up and running!

Heavy is right! Especially dragging them out to be re-capped and then picked up again...However it was well worth doing because they sound even better than before. I only had them re-capped to extend their longevity and I got a bonus sound improvement!
  6. SuperLead100

Calling All Yamahas. Time to Post Your Pics

It is excellent. I currently have the mid-range A-S501 and it keeps up quite well with my 1970's re-capped CA-1010. If the high end new Yamaha's are even marginally better than the 501 it would be worth it to me.
  7. SuperLead100

YES!!! I know a piece of new high end A-S gear will be bought here someday!
  8. SuperLead100

No doubt! He's serviced two of my units...the best!!!
  9. SuperLead100

Yamaha NS-500 ... New love

NS-500M's are truly a fine speaker. Loads of clarity, plenty of bass (for me) and very detailed. Compared to my re-capped NS-690's, (which sound absolutely amazing) the 500M's are probably a bit more refined but very close. If I were to recap them I imagine they would be sublime. I think in...
  10. SuperLead100

Yamaha NS690 mkII amplifier advice

MKll's have foam surrounds, originals have cloth.
  11. SuperLead100

Yamaha NS 690MKI up and running!

That would explain my plywood cabs and vented woofer but no tri-amp inputs...
  12. SuperLead100

CANCELLED - ♫ Saturday March 21, 2020♫ New England Winter FrankenFest

I was hoping for a summer come back, but it is understandable to lay low for a while longer and see if this thing comes roaring back; or we have a vaccine.
  13. SuperLead100

Yamaha NS 1000 and NS 500 working together?

Assuming the ohms difference isn't an issue; and I'm not qualified to speak to that, the sound difference would likely be noticeable. Hearing a complete pair of each side by side would yield a lot of similarities, however, one of each would would likely emphasize their differences to the point...
  14. SuperLead100

Oh My! I watched a video of a un-boxing of those units. Absolutely stunning specimens of design and engineering if I may say!
  15. SuperLead100

Yup! And, it doesn't remove the print (at least in my experience), and, it makes the silver shine like nobody's business!
  16. SuperLead100

I realize its been a while since your inquiry, but I've had great success with Mr. Clean magic erasers.
  17. SuperLead100

Yamaha A-S1200 / A-S2200 coming soon?

No 3100; it was just the 3000...there is however, the new 3200
  18. SuperLead100

Yamaha NS-670 / 690... original woofer or what??

For all intents and purposes you stole those! The authorities have been alerted...;)
  19. SuperLead100

FrankenFest T-Shirts - What do you think of the design?

That design would look great in an extra large...on me anyway. Well done!
  20. SuperLead100

Yamaha Eye-Candy

Not to mention the M-5000 power amp and C-5000 pre-amp...they are stunning and EXPENSIVE! edit; just realized you included a pic of the C-5000
  21. SuperLead100

Sound description ? for Yamaha, Marantz, Onkyo 2ch receivers

I too like Yamaha gear quite a bit. They sound great and are built very well based on my own personal experience.
  22. SuperLead100

I once had a 620 paired with Polk Monitor 10's...very nice sounding combination!
  23. SuperLead100

Any CD-S2100/3000 Users Here?

Yes, thank you James! It's difficult to see those positioning supports in videos I watched; I was concerned that could be an issue prior to my purchase. I was pleasantly surprised to be able to actually see those when I tried my first cd. On a listening note, I am very pleased with this...
  24. SuperLead100

My CD-S1000 arrived yesterday so I'll get it set up today and start listening. It's interesting that I bought a "pre-owned" unit from an authorized dealer through ebay. I received a communication from them saying I could have a new one for 10% more and get the 2 year warranty and they'd make...
  25. SuperLead100

I just bought the CD-S1000 and I'm waiting for it to arrive. I currently have the CD-S300 which I like a lot, so I'm hoping for a nice upgrade with the 1000. It will be paired with the CA-1010 and NS-690's...can't wait!
Back
Top Bottom