Search results

1. jhoak

Ideas for Ravioli without pasta sauce.

And the winner is... I had to improvise a little based on what I had on hand but it turned out pretty tasty. I'm glad it made enough that it's something I can enjoy a few more times. Thanks for the suggestion
  2. jhoak

OK... Lets get creative with the cleaning supplies.

I am pleased to report that Equate brand anti-bacterial liquid soap + a couple of tablespoons of white vinegar make a fine dish washing liquid. Mostly finished now. All that left are the stainless steel pans. I won't let those see the inside of a dishwasher.
  3. jhoak

Ideas for Ravioli without pasta sauce.

I have a bag of frozen beef Ravioli in the freezer. What I don't have is any manner of pasta sauce to pour over it. I have on hand XVOO and Parmesan cheese as well as the usual assortment of spices and condiments. Any service suggestions for Ravioli sans sauce?
  4. jhoak

There's only one of me here. That should tell you how long its been since I washed dishes. I have detergent packs for the dishwasher. It's the liquid dish soap (think Dawn) that I'm out of. I have been looking at the recipes. Near as I can tell some of the hand soap along with a little bit of...
  5. jhoak

I have neglected my kitchen and in particular the dishes for quite a while. As a result I have a mountain of dishes to wash. The dishwasher is currently on the third load today but I have a number of items that are hand wash only. Normally that wouldn't be an issue but I'm out of liquid dish...
  6. jhoak

Whoo Hoo... Lobster for lunch tomorrow.

What was a bit sad about the meal was informing the wait staff there that Mom had passed away. Mom and Dad ate there at least 3 times a week. Most weeks more. Today was the first time Dad had been back since Mom died 6 weeks ago. They were well known there. One by one all of the wait staff...
  7. jhoak

Today's lobster lunch was awesome. I'm guessing it was a bit under a pound. Served up with a small cup of cole slaw and a big bowl of french fries. I left the restaurant stuffed and happy. I suspect that the butter drips down the front of my shirt won't wash out but I don't care. On a side...
  8. jhoak

There's a small Mom & Pop diner in the town where my Dad lives that runs a Wednesday whole Maine lobster with one side special for $14.99. My Dad called me a little while ago and invited me to join him for a "lobster lunch" tomorrow. I can't remember the last time I had a lobster. Even though I...
  9. jhoak

What are you drinking now?

I love Sam Adams Cream Stout on the very rare occasions that I can buy it here. Check out their Scotch Ale if you get the chance. Good stuff. Right now I'm sipping on a rocks glass of very cheap Canadian Whiskey and water over ice.
  10. jhoak

Sierra Nevada Torpedo IPA
  11. jhoak

What are you currently eating?

A Taco Bell 5 layer beef burrito, a small bag of nacho cheese Doritos, and a small Sierra Mist. Not too bad and very filling for the sum total of $2.46. P.S. The Sierra Mist was a little flat so I "kicked it up a notch" with a splash of Canadian Whiskey. It's much better now ;)
  12. jhoak

Eggs and Macaroni & Cheese

I like freshly ground black pepper on pretty much everything. A lot of what I eat also gets a dash or two of some manner of hot sauce. Lately I've been topping scrambled eggs with a tablespoon of a good hot salsa. HMMM... That reminds me... I'm hungry.
  13. jhoak

The best cure for a left over ham bone

Your basic navy bean and ham soup. In a large pot combine one fairly meaty ham bone, 2# of navy beans soaked over night, one medium onion corsley chopped, 5 or 6 stalks of chopped celery, 5 or 6 sliced carrots, and enough water to cover. As for seasoning I like about a tablespoon of Morton's...
  14. jhoak

OK... I'm probably a little bit biased. But...

s this not the cutest granddaughter EVER?
  15. jhoak

21st birthday

Legal drinking age was 18 in 76 when I turned 18. My first legal drink was consumed the night of my 18th birthday at a dive called The Keg. I had a 7&7. Several of them actually. Fortunately my house wasn't too far away.
  16. jhoak

Foods you will never eat again

Once I moved out of my parent's house at 18 I vowed that were things that I'd never eat again. They were all "regular" menu items when I lived there. (1) beef liver and onions. (2) creamed chip beef on toast. (3) lima beans. Were I locked in a cell and all I had to live on was the above list...
  17. jhoak

Shrimp Fest !!

I do loves me some shrimp. Here in Florida fresh shrimp (as in caught this morning) are available at the local fish monger every day. One of my favorite recipes is olive oil, white wine, lemon juice, and spices as a marinade and then grilled on skewers. Served over baked brown rice. Double YUM!!!
  18. jhoak

Two of my favorite food groups

A friend of mine brought me a half dozen Krispy Kreme glazed doughnuts and some coffee beans last night. As I rule I don't drink coffee very often. Maybe once or twice a month. I never buy doughnuts in spit of the fact that I really like them. Either way the two made for a nice breakfast this...
  19. jhoak

Roasted Cabbage Quarters

Looks good!!! One of these, a couple of beers, and maybe a boiled egg or two and my house would be declared a toxic waste dump for several days.
  20. jhoak

Marine and Lab reunited...

Great story. Contrary to popular belief there are still good people in this world. Lots of them. It's the bad ones that get all of the press coverage.
  21. jhoak

Me three! The first pot I've brewed up in over a month.
  22. jhoak

Computer Forum?

This is the one that I visit http://forums.anandtech.com/
  23. jhoak

Traded for a 99 Toyota Sienna today

Just finished giving her a bath Here's the whole album: http://s1005.photobucket.com/user/jeffhoak/library/Sienna
Back
Top Bottom