Search results

1. A

Went to the local weed shop & was blown away by the choices!

Legal sales here seems to be working pretty good still, and all supplied with in state growers. Alaska has always been pretty easy on weed, going back to the mid 70's where it was the only quasi legal state. There were restrictions, but due to a state constitution that places rights to privacy...
  2. A

Unknown object shot down over Alaska....

$500k for shooting down a balloon seems excessive? We're talking about a military that can't account for trillions. https://off-guardian.org/2017/07/22/trillions-of-dollars-in-u-s-military-spending-is-unaccounted-for/
  3. A

Well, here we go again, Oak Ridge incident today.

Burning down the old normal would seem to be a necessary component of creating the new normal.
  4. A

Interesting Tinnitus situation

I must not have much tinnitus as it really doesn't bother me much. Either that or I am just used to it as I have had it for most of my life. I hear it louder or quieter but I rarely think much about it and certainly doesn't keep me awake. I have heard it ruining lives to the point of suicide...
  5. A

That is why I leave the smelling to the professional, my dog. ;)
  6. A

Train derailment on Ohio, toxic spill.

So hard to know what is being reported is factual or not. A few days ago I saw some video of someone taking video clips up in Ontario of melting snow banks with that same rainbow coloration in the water. If it were just one place I would say it was fuel or gas leaked, but showing it all along...
  7. A

I find that if my ear is ringing more than normal I take a break for a few days from music. When I work around my shop with a lot of machinery I always ALWAYS have ear protection. Running the snow blower, boat, anything that makes noise louder than conversation level I protect my hearing. And I...
  8. A

Of all the things covid did, evidently tinnitus is yet another. This appears to be from either the virus itself or the vaccine. The short Global news clip was so so, but what was more interesting in this case were the comments which seem to be saying either they got their tinnitus from the virus...
  9. A

Login Problems with Political Chat Forum

How I tend to get in trouble with the politics law is that there doesn't seem to be a clear line to not ever cross. I could give an opinion on any subject and just because it may align with a political party, it might get shut down, if not by the mods, than some other people freaking out. Then...
  10. A

There are several reasons for ringing that are unrelated. I find listening to headphones aggrivate my right ear whereas the main speakers generally don't unless I really trun them up for a hour or so. Depending on the car, how much road noise, I will turn them up more to compensate, and that...
  11. A

I believe cold fusion was in line with the original topic and in no way political. If you think otherwise I am sorry. You are the one who keeps trying to shove everybody over to PC. If you like it there I am happy for you, but it ain't for me. BTW, AK is advertising for new mods, so maybe you...
  12. A

So I was writing a post to your thread on cold fusion and I guess the thread got nuked :rolleyes:. Oh well. Anyway, any politics aside, was a good thread.
  13. A

Just like revisiting the 4th grade, NO THANKS!
  14. A

Singles that knock it out of the park for you

Great to hear her doing it live. Lots of people have done remakes of this great old song..
  15. A

An AM memory from a long time ago, still brings a smile to my tired face! :banana:
  16. A

Happy Birthday bobabode!

Happy Birthday! Keep on keeping on! :beerchug:
  17. A

Speakers you will NEVER sell.

At this point my JBL's are not really sellable (not that I would want to anyway). I would have to re-integrate the old passive crossover back into the system as it has been bypassed by an electronic active crossover driven by 3 amplifiers, and balanced by DSP. I'm afraid anyone I sold them to...
  18. A

Happy Birthday hjames!

Happy B-Day! :banana:
  19. A

I was never a fan of John Prine until very late when I saw him live in a Juneau Alaska high school auditorium nearly 20 years ago. After that I kinda got hooked for a while, looking all over for his music to buy. Lots of his stuff wasn't being produced anymore and some of the CD's were pricy for...
  20. A

Dogs Rock, Post Yer Pooch!

Interesting.. My dog will tolerate music for a bit but especially if I turn it up he will get up and move into the back room or else ask to be put outside.
  21. A

Stereo dogs!
  22. A

I hope everything is OK for Benny! This is the phase where pet ownership is so tough to deal with, but deal with it we must! I would give anything to have a vet here, but the nearest one is 250 miles away in Canada. It worries me to no end.
  23. A

Train derailment on Ohio, toxic spill.

Not a train guy but didn't they used to have a caboose with someone watching for sparks and stuff..
Back
Top Bottom