Search results

1. M

Basement Two Channel Room - only 3 walls.....

Guys, I moved to Colorado and bought a house and I am ready for a nice 2 channel setup. The issue is the room I have only has 3 walls. The room is 16 feet long, 8 1/2 foot ceilings, but only has 3 walls then opens to another room of sorts. I really don't see the point in spending a lot of...
  2. M

Sound quality at low volume setting?

Hello, I was curious what makes a stereo sound good no matter the volume. Does it have something to do with the ohms of the speakers? Maybe the amount of watts of the power amp? Thanks
  3. M

Need a McIntosh guru

Ha...
  4. M

Need a McIntosh guru

Alright - to get the thread back on track. My first question pertains to the cost/construction of the Mac line. Like I said, after hearing 2 setups I am sold on the sound but I saw this video at the Prima Luna site and it just made my mind have loose ends, I just felt like he raised some good...
  5. M

Need a McIntosh guru

Well after 33 hours, including 4 active hours of pushing, Eloise arrived. As she rested I played her a few tunes. The first song I every learned on guitar, Crash Into Me, then Stand by me, then Timshel by Mumford. I hope to fill our house with music via some good vinyl on a McIntosh setup...
  6. M

Need a McIntosh guru

Thanks for the greetings! Baby is holding out at the moment so its a waiting game as of now. Thanks for the input and info.
  7. M

Need a McIntosh guru

Thanks for the reply. I just find when an outsider asks questions some people can get easily upset so I was looking to avoid any issues. I am actually at the hospital about to have a baby! I will gather my words and post publicly. Makes sense to share the knowledge. Thanks!
  8. M

Anxiously anticipating

Anxiously anticipating
  9. M

Need a McIntosh guru

Hello all, I am hoping to touch base with a person that understands the McIntosh line, especially their tube preamps. (Specs/construction etc). I have some questions that I would rather as via PM. If your up for it let me know, I would appreciate the help!
  10. M

McIntosh c2600 vs Primaluna Dialogue Premium (Preamps)

Thanks for the input, unfortunately I live in Dallas now but maybe Ill have to suck it up to demo both. I appreciate the link.
  11. M

Thanks for the input, some good points consider. Its sounds like you have some good knowledge to share so I appreciate that. I have not found much on the C2600 either so if you have a link that would be great, not many reviews either. As far as wanting tubes, that is something I want. I don't...
  12. M

Yes, this would be ideal. There doesn't seem to be anyone close to me that sell the Primaluna gear. This might require some travel time.
  13. M

Hello all. I am finally in a position to put together a component system. (Budget is about 25k) I have had the opportunity to hear a few McIntosh setups, both solid state and tube. I really believe McIntosh to be a great performer and their equipment is beautiful. For some reason I am just...
  14. M

JRiver + McIntosh DAC = Perfection

2 questions 1 - what year Macbook Pro 2 - when switching bit rates you are having no issues? Thanks!
  15. M

"Whiplash" - WOW, great new drumming movie

https://itunes.apple.com/us/movie/whiplash/id935216672 Could have been longer but it was great.:yes:
  16. M

Favorite Concert Films?

Another Day Another Time - hands down my favorite and I have seen most of them out there.
  17. M

Tube preamp in the same class as McIntosh?

Thanks for all the replies, Ill take a look.
  18. M

Michael Fremer - American, British, German vinyl - ha

I found this to be kind of funny, especially when he gets to the German records. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8E0nmpwIvo
  19. M

c2300 discontinued?

Ahhh...I know, this is what is killing me, everyone keeps telling me this so I have become paralyzed. I wish I could wake up tmrw and see a nice refresh of the 2500 with the same dac out of the 150 built in....a guy can dream. I've got some thinking to do.
  20. M

c2300 discontinued?

Yes, I prefer the tube sound and find it cool that the tubes can be changed out to experiment with different sounds. I really can't justify getting the 2500 just to bypass the dac with the D150 - it would just eat up to many funds that I would like to use for other things. On the other hand...
  21. M

Another Day/Another Time: The music from Inside Llewyn Davis

I have not heard the album but I assume its the same as the movie, nor have I seen the PBS special. I'll have to look into it! Thanks
  22. M

Another Day/Another Time: The music from Inside Llewyn Davis

Absolutely fantastic. Did a search and didn't see this posted and thought I would share. Hands down my favorite music movie I own - I've watched it through and through and just love it more each time. If your into folk music from the 60's and a new take on the songs its amazing. Each...
  23. M

c2300 discontinued?

Hello. My closest dealer is telling me the c2300 is discontinued, is this legit? I just don't want the dac for personal preference reasons and would prefer the 2300.
  24. M

Tube preamp in the same class as McIntosh?

Hello. I was looking for recommendations on other tube amps that are in the same class/price-point of the C2500 / C2300 preamps by McIntosh. Thanks.
  25. M

Mc's upgrade cycle?

I was curious how often Mc updates there preamplifiers? How old is the design of the C50 and the C2500? Thanks.
Back
Top Bottom