Search results

1. Speedbump71

4,6,8 and 16 ohm switchable dummy load with 3 resistors?

I have been staring at 4 Arcol 300W 8 Ohm resistors trying to decide how I wanted to proceed, and of all the options I have seen in this thread this connection scheme provides the most flexibility with the least effort. Thanks for the post Bill!
  2. Speedbump71

Hello from East Tennessee!

Welcome from the beautiful shores of Douglas Lake!
  3. Speedbump71

Philips AD 0160/T8 in an Ohm Model I

I didnt buy that set of Model I's. My first pair are still working wonderfully, so no need to do anything to those.
  4. Speedbump71

Van Alstine T-3 Fet Valve 500 amplifier specs/documentation

Does anyone have the specs/schematics for a Trancendance 3 Fet Valve 500 amplifier by Van Alstine? I picked up the amp and a matching Trancedance 3 Fet Valve Preamplifier a while back, and would like to read through the documentation if it is available somewhere. Im guessing this amp is from...
  5. Speedbump71

What drives your Kappa 9(A)

Currently using Aragon 8008x3 driving them full range.. I also have a Krell KSA-80 that will drive them, with slightly less potential for mayhem.
  6. Speedbump71

Misfortune to opportunity...Water damage remodel incoming

Hi back :) Nice to see another local on here.
  7. Speedbump71

I knew someone would ask that. Ear height is about 40" from floor, panels are 31" from floor and are 24"x48". I have not decided if this seating arrangement is final so I put the panels high on the wall so a loveseat would fit underneath. That being said I have two additional panels built...
  8. Speedbump71

Just a quick shot of how this turned out. It is a work in progress, but at least the Kappas are singing again...
  9. Speedbump71

Altec 604 B rescue

A couple hours in the oven seemed like it tightened up the wrinkle finish on the ones I did in the linked thread. Great work!
  10. Speedbump71

Weekly Estate and Garage sale finds (pics)

It took me a while to get it set up since it was used, preconfigured, and needed an update. I still haven't heard it play a note, but I am in the process of deciding where its going to go in the system. I know it talks on my network and plays the songs I tell it to by reading the...
  11. Speedbump71

What are these and are they worth $300?

That's the story as I understand it too. My brother in law has had a pair of these since new, and they have held up very well over the past 25ish years. I wouldn't spend $300 on them though, although I have heard plenty of $300 speakers that wouldn't touch them.
  12. Speedbump71

Weekly Estate and Garage sale finds (pics)

Online estate sale. Scored a nice NAIM NDX streamer for low $$$ since the picture was awful. Hooked it up to the home WIFI, and it is streaming spotify with remote control from my phone and tablet after a quick firmware update. Very lucky buy. No remote, but the android app looks nicer...
  13. Speedbump71

Amp Options - Infinity Kappa 9s

I have powered my 9's with a Parasound 2250 that would do 400W into 2 ohms and at higher levels it would go into protection in "extended mode". It ran OK in the other mode. I have used my Krell KSA-80 to power them in extended mode. I can make the Krell go into protection, but it has to be...
  14. Speedbump71

New listening chair: leather repair questions

I put the arms back on after a couple coats of the dye. The "re-coloring" balm in the kit dried quick and blends in very well with the rest of the chair. I am happy with the results. The grease is gone, and the arms match the chair.
  15. Speedbump71

You could be right. Worst case I have to get the arms recovered, but I'm kind of finicky about where I put my arms/hands and the grease was grossing me out. We will see if this works out. So far I'm not worried. First dye coat, just on the end to match shade....
  16. Speedbump71

The grease was in there pretty deep, but after about 6 applications of the degreaser I have this to work with. Clean leather ready to take dye. I'm going to go over it with alcohol again to get any last grease/coating off of the arms and see if I can get the color right.....
  17. Speedbump71

They are multiplying!!! I found another Stressless close to me in the same color leather so I grabbed it. I have removed the arms of the first chair, and cleaned everything the best I could. I think someone has previously "redyed" the arms, but didnt clean the grease stains properly before...
  18. Speedbump71

Original Fisher Cabinet Particle Board

I can second the varathane wood hardener. It soaks in quick and evaporates leaving the glue...
  19. Speedbump71

What's your latest audio purchase?

You are going to love those. You should probably have a look at the crossovers though, as the caps for the protection circuit usually leak and corrode the traces on the crossover.
  20. Speedbump71

eBay weirdness

Dragon Boat festival in China? Its a long weekend over there.
  21. Speedbump71

Around here...working at the nuclear plant is always a distinct possibility :)
  22. Speedbump71

I found the manuals in the ottoman. Looks like the "Batick" and "Classic" leathers have a lacquer coating on top. I am going to try to get the grease out of the arms. I have a local upholstery guy that can remake the arm covers, and it looks like you can get matching leather to recover them...
  23. Speedbump71

Hey all, I picked up a used Ekornes Stressless recliner to be my new listening chair, but it has some discoloration on the arms of the chair from the previous owner's greasy hands. It also seems to have acrylic clearcoat peeling slightly in some spots. I am working to remove the oil stains...
  24. Speedbump71

Pursue some Electro Voice Aristocrats at rummage sale?

You can make them match....mostly :) https://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/ev-aristocrat-audio-nirvana-super-12-experimental-build.883155/
  25. Speedbump71

New (to me) baby blue monitors - JBL 4301BWX

Hard to think I could fat finger my typing that badly, but yes....4301Bs :beerchug:
Back
Top Bottom