Search results

1. EJC1

Putting together a new system

Any time you come to NH. My goal was achieved in creating the best 2 channel system I could. I feel that I've reached the point of diminishing returns as I don't see how to improve things for dollars spent.
  2. EJC1

Thank you. That is exactly what my goal was here, to build my dream system in retirement.
  3. EJC1

I find the sound exquisite and I have absolutely no regrets I can't find a big difference between the halves of the system, but my ears are getting old (72). Everything is crisp and clear. There is plenty of bass from the JBLs and the Klipsch. I think that I have reached that point of...
  4. EJC1

I find the sound exquisite and I have absolutely no regrets I can't find a big difference between the halves of the system, but my ears are getting old (72). Everything is crisp and clear. There is plenty of bass from the JBLs and the Klipsch. I think that I have reached that point of...
  5. EJC1

My system has settled in now and I'm extremely happy. The final setup: - Subwoofers were removed from the system and are only used on the Home Theater side. They just weren't needed. - Turntables: - Thorens TD-160 still using the Shure V15III, but I switched to a new Jico Stylus - VPI Prime...
  6. EJC1

What McIntosh Gear Are You Using?

The MA-252 was my original 1st choice. When I found the MA352 offered phone capacitance adjustment, more power, and the 2nd output I switched my plans
  7. EJC1

Question regarding a C-11 Preamp and MC225 Power Amp

I figured the C11 has a microphonic tube. But was wondering if the horizontal position made it more likely. The MC225 is plugged into a switched outlet on the C11 for moment
  8. EJC1

What McIntosh Gear Are You Using?

The McIntosh MA-352 is the center of the system and powers the JBL L100s. When I started putting things together I used it with the Klipsch Forte IIs (1989). Then I discovered it had a 2nd Full Range Pre-output that could power another Power Amp. I started thinking about adding a 2nd set of...
  9. EJC1

Question regarding a C-11 Preamp and MC225 Power Amp

I have a couple of questions regarding the above 2 pieces of eqpt. My daughter-in-law dropped off her eqpt while their home is being renovated. The C-11 has a ringing if you tap on the case. Is this normal because of the horizontal position of the tubes or does it have a tube going bad? The...
  10. EJC1

Adding a 2nd power amp need some ideas

Thank you. This worked. I found a Niles SVC-4 on eBay (~$100) and hooked it in yesterday and I can now balance the speakers for the 2 amps, but first I need to neaten up all of the temporary wiring. So to recap, I have 3 possible outputs. 1- MA352 powering the JBL Classic L100s @ 300w/ch on...
  11. EJC1

Interesting points The goal was not more power, but to have 3 options - 1- Hybrid only 2- Tube only 3- Combijation of 1&2
  12. EJC1

Switching the speakers might very well balance things out and I will probably try it later today, but the goal was to have the Klipsch on Tube output. The MA352 outpt is 250-300w/ch, the MC275 is 75W/ch
  13. EJC1

The problem is I need speaker level on the MA352 for the JBLs. OUTPUT 1 is direct to the speakers. OUTPUT 2 is a pre-out to the MC275. I need to attenuate the OUTPUT 1 on the MA352
  14. EJC1

Let me preface this post with: yes I know my plans are insane and overkill, as I have some fun in retirement building my ideal system. And after all, it is only my kid's money I'm spending. The big surprise here was locating a new MC275 v.VI in this market About a year ago I posted regarding...
  15. EJC1

Thank you. It will be interesting to see if I can pull this all together. If it works it will show the MA352 to be one hell of a flexible piece of equipment
  16. EJC1

Logitech discontinues Harmony remotes - Now what do we do??

Thanks for the input. I'm using a Harmony and was surprised to find that it worked with my new McIntosh 352. I will be adding an MC275 with a CR-7 to allow the 2 inputs to be matched on the MA352. I was wondering if the older type remote would work with the Harmony.
  17. EJC1

Infinity subwoofer buzzing

You might want to check out PartsExpress for a drop-in replacement should the glue not hold.
  18. EJC1

What was the the last audio-related item you purchased?

Unfortunately, we have company coming over and there is no time. But, they are unpacked, in place and ready to go. Perhaps if I can get them to leave early
  19. EJC1

What was the the last audio-related item you purchased?

These just got here today, to be hooked up tomorrow
  20. EJC1

One of the beauties of the MA352 is the 2 outputs can be turned off independently of each other. Which is why I am attempting this. The MC275 will give me the option of a full tube front and back end to power the Klipsch. So yes, I can listen to either the Hybrid - Tube/SS/JBL or full tube...
  21. EJC1

It would seem that I'm going to find out. At this point, should I not like the 4 speakers together I can work with the 2 individual systems with 1 front end and switch depending on mood as I do with the TTs. Either way, I'm having fun putting things together. I realize issues may crop up, they...
  22. EJC1

The MA352 has a pre-out on the back pannel The plan is to: Run the JBLs on the MA352 spkr out puts Add the MC275 to the 352 pre-out and connect the Klipsch to the 275 The 4 speakers will be in the same room This should give me 3 options: 1- listen through just the MA352 via the JBLs 2- listen...
  23. EJC1

Thanks again for the input. I don't think the speaker distances will prove to be a problem. The CR7 is a compromise but the Gow MC275 which you suggested was gone. I also had a pleasant discussion with them about the Gow and although it would have solved any balance issues they agreed that the...
  24. EJC1

The room development is still in progress, but the walls are there. LOL. My new cabinet was destroyed in shipping and I'm awaiting the replacement, so at this time much is temporary otherwise I would post a picture. The room is 21' Deep with the listening position 11' from the speakers. The...
  25. EJC1

Thank you, excellent points. The plan was to use the CR7 to adjust the gain to the MC275 Should be worth the call. I just got off the phone with McIntosh. They thought the idea would work and the CR7 would be adequate to match the levels. If I understood him correctly the MA352 input...
Back
Top Bottom