Search results

1. Todd Dodds

MC2205 Basic Troubleshooting Advice, Please

My MC2205 right channel meter and volume level are running about 50% below the left. Swapping speaker wires and input signal still indicates the problem is with the amp. I would appreciate some guidance to troubleshoot the problem, at least to the point I could make a decision if this is...
  2. Todd Dodds

Is it me?

Yes, I think three episodes already aired. Ozark started today on Netflix.
  3. Todd Dodds

Is it me?

Sez who? I don't remember ever seeing a notice printed on an LP saying that the end user had to open up this record, play it until it's worn out, but may never put it on a shelf, unopened, and sell it for more than the purchase price. Shoot, even Jimmy on Better Call Saul is into ripping off...
  4. Todd Dodds

Is it me?

NOS candy bars...that's going to stick with me all week.
  5. Todd Dodds

Lazarus Arises For Music

Hey, next time you talk to Kyle could you ask him if does roofing repairs? I don't need a whole new roof, just somebody to fix some flashing the homeowner screwed up.
  6. Todd Dodds

Do you use a subwoofer with music? Why or Why Not?

Sub(s) give you options. Options are nice.
  7. Todd Dodds

Spotting audio gear in the movies, TV, etc.

Didn't actually "spot" the gear, but we were watching a 1994 classic, The Browning Version, which boasts a cast of several of the top Brit actors in a traditional boy's school. At one point they're discussing the upcoming annual Awards Day ceremonies, and the recital by the school choir...
  8. Todd Dodds

eating a whole uncut steak inside a pita bread

I've done it with leftover steak, but never thought about it as the main event. I guess you get used to the whole steak, salad and baked potato routine and never get outside the box. I went out west and got introduced to fried corn-on-the-cob. I'd never heard of it, but after having it once it...
  9. Todd Dodds

SME 3009s identification- help

For the same reason I thought my second wife was improved; lower mass, less sibilance, more defined bottom end, yadda, yadda ,yadda. Don't fret the "ain't all that". It's a fine arm, and has it's advantages in some areas.
  10. Todd Dodds

SME 3009s identification- help

Yes, they do pop up occasionally. But whenever I think about getting one, they're unobtainium....like right now. Only thing the 'bay or HiFi shark shows is the Ortofon bakelite Type G. Or maybe you just bought the last 3?
  11. Todd Dodds

What should you do if you and your partner don't have the same taste in music?

...and the cool cat I saw loading 2x4's, 2x6's and full sheets of plywood onto his flat sidecar on his Guzzi. He said he'd been doing business on that rig for 10 years.
  12. Todd Dodds

Your three most desirable vintage speakers?

It's a bit of a bummer to realize how many I'll probably never get to hear. Maybe I should just pick three, and make a "must hear" list. And I think several of the nice wooden ones would be nice to touch and smell...if that's not too weird to share with the forum. ;)
  13. Todd Dodds

Frequently purchased together?

Kinda like Fram oil filter, Mobil 1 full synthetic and Rolls Royce Silver Shadow.
  14. Todd Dodds

Petition to change the Audiokarma Logo

I could go for some AK skivvies with a built in low frequency attenuator. That's swagger.
  15. Todd Dodds

Petition to change the Audiokarma Logo

The last time I had to put up with an updated logo pissed me off so bad it nearly made me switch to another brand. But I found it was easier just to get some old logo decals and take off the crappy new ones.
  16. Todd Dodds

Tannoy westminsters Royals

HiFi Shark lists a pair of REPLICAS for $18,000. I'd prolly try and pay him with replica dollars.
  17. Todd Dodds

Your three most desirable vintage speakers?

Both of you are correct, but didn't quite meet the specifics of OP's thread title question. So the correct answer would be Bozak Concert Grands, Klipsh K-horns and Altec 19's.
  18. Todd Dodds

Am I the only AK member who thinks like this?

Wouldn't it be great if while some joker is trying to lowball you, another buyer steps up and hands you cash? I've had that experience once, renting out a duplex. A hard charging, empowered young professional type girl was going through her list of reasons I should knock a good chunk off my...
  19. Todd Dodds

You show a sterling example of the cultural and geographic differences in bartering behaviors. You cite your seller's reference to his buddy in Lethbridge, and bartered on until a deal was struck. Around my neck of the woods, as soon as somebody mentions a buddy in Lethbridge, we pull his...
  20. Todd Dodds

Lowballing I take in stride. But a buyer who wants to know "...what will you take?", or "....will you take $xxx?" gets a quick, firm "Is that just out of curiosity, or is that a firm offer?". I'm not willing to play around with someone that's just fishing. I figure if someone says "Will you...
  21. Todd Dodds

Thorens 165 vs. B&O 4004?

Thorens. If you're really serious about wanting something looking a little more modern, you could always build a new plinth out of some space-age metalized plastic with embedded LED's or something :)
  22. Todd Dodds

Is stacking like this acceptable?

That stack is a lot better than the other option :).
  23. Todd Dodds

A Win for Synergy and London Decca Jubilee

I knew the London Decca carts had a reputation for being tough to work with. But they are also known to be worth the hassle. The most common folklore says they require a heavier unipivot arm, with damping. Several AK'ers report success with Jelcos. I figured I had enough tables and arms...
Back
Top Bottom