Search results

1. sfox52

The Good Morning (Your First Logon for the Day) Thread

Good Morning! This marks my 5000th post after more than 17 years as a member here at AK. My participation ebbs and flows during the average year. I am fortunate to live near many fellow members, some of whom are mods and techs. I have attended a lot of local gatherings, and hope to attend...
  2. sfox52

Magnepan now offers upgraded parts in their speakers with the X upgrade program

There are still upgrades available for older maggies via Magnestand.com (and others I'm sure). I am still very happy with a pair of Peter Gunn framed and modded MMGs. New in 2007, I bought them in mid 2008. They show no sign of delamination( the mylar side is open on the back side.) John(P.G.)...
  3. sfox52

Opinion: The long overdue death of the stick shift car

I sold the last manual daily driver I had about fifteen years back. I'm still driving an old Ranger with an auto, but I don't put many miles on it since I retired. My wife was the holdout, she had manuals till about ten years back even though she commuted into DC and back every day. 40 miles or...
  4. sfox52

Happy Birthday bohhey!

Happy Birthday!
  5. sfox52

Happy Birthday LeeVing!

Happy Birthday!
  6. sfox52

Today's Progressive Rock Tunes

I need to look for this live PT album.
  7. sfox52

Happy Birthday electronjohn!

Happy Birthday!
  8. sfox52

Happy Birthday Bratwurst7s

Happy Birthday!
  9. sfox52

Do you run stereo bass?

I don't run my two sealed passive subs all of the time, but when in use they are sent output set at 60 hz by my Parasound 2100 pre-amp. Both sub out jacks send a mono bass output to a stereo amp, then on to the subs.
  10. sfox52

Any ideas?

Check your appliances before you pitch it, it might be useful!
  11. sfox52

Bridge collapse in Baltimore

It was seven years before the Sunshine Skyway bridge across the mouth of Tampa Bay was opened. ( bridge was hit and fell in 1980, new span opened in 1987.) I don't know how long the harbor itself was closed.
  12. sfox52

Any ideas?

Looks like a temp probe for a microwave or convection oven.
  13. sfox52

Im in it now!

Welcome to AK and congrats on retiring!
  14. sfox52

The perils of modern air travel.....?

I haven't flown since Thanksgiving of 2019. I can't say I miss it.
  15. sfox52

Happy Birthday ricohman!

Happy Birthday!
  16. sfox52

Fell under the Moto Guzzi spell once again.

Very nice bike, sanford! It's hard not to feel the itch when Spring rolls around, but my lower back issues and the oblivious drivers around here keep me from getting another motorcycle.
  17. sfox52

WiiM WiFi Streamer

So this will work with the Wiim Pro, as well as the newer devices? Edit- figured it out, looks like I am good to give it a try with my pro and the wiim app on my ipad.
  18. sfox52

anyone else have harman kardon bug??

The only stereo receiver I have now is an HK 730 that was part of a pile of gear I bought from a local AK'er years ago. I traded some other pieces to the HK guru dLucy for him to rework the innards that he knows so well. It is my daily driver in my den while I do my morning web surf routine...
  19. sfox52

Happy Birthday leesonic!

Happy Birthday!
  20. sfox52

If three songsters, with guitars for a night of listening...who would you invite?

Jorma Kaukonen , David Bromberg, and Leo Kottke. All great acoustic players, they all sing, and they are still with us! Jorma and David have played together a lot, too.
  21. sfox52

Happy Birthday StimpyWan!

Happy Birthday!
  22. sfox52

Happy Birthday bobsvinyl!

Happy Birthday!
  23. sfox52

Just landed to this world

Welcome to AK!
  24. sfox52

Audiokarma Member of the Year 2023

Congrats,Heather, well deserved! Congrats to Gadget73 also for being the runner up.
  25. sfox52

Happy Birthday KingBubba!

Happy Birthday!
Back
Top Bottom