6. ajward549

New home, new listening room powered by 80’s McIntosh

Great looking space, enjoy!
  7. ajward549

What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

Listening with my pal
  8. ajward549

Odd buzz on C24

Thanks @SaturationPt -- your description of a "buzz" versus a hum is spot on here. This is nothing like when there is a hum with a phono section or something similar. - I have tried different inputs, it doesn't matter what is connected. - I have tried different cables, no change. - I've...
  9. ajward549

Odd buzz on C24

Thanks guys, I know when to admit I am out of my depth! Looking into my options for having a tech take a look.
  10. ajward549

Odd buzz on C24

So so on schematic honestly. I can solder well enough to do a point to point amp - like a bottlehead project
  11. ajward549

Odd buzz on C24

The volt meter yes, I do not have an oscilloscope.
  12. ajward549

Odd buzz on C24

My restored C24 developed an odd buzz back in November after playing flawlessly all day long on Thanksgiving. The buzz comes through all inputs, no matter which output I use, and through both speakers and headphones. I've tried connecting the C24 via RCA only to an amp -> buzz. I've connected...
  13. ajward549

Passive pre with tube amps

OK! Sending you a PM
  14. ajward549

Yes, the two small knobs on right and left control the volume for each channel. From Dave's description: "The switch on the left has 12 posiitons that are in 3.75dB increments. The switch on the right has 3 positions allowing +1.25dB, 0dB and -1.25dB modification of the overall level. By using...
  15. ajward549

Link for? Did pic not show?
  16. ajward549

I'm gaining more experience in this area myself. I have a Type 42 based amp (4.5 watts) paired with a passive pre using Dave Slagle's TVC (dual mono version) and I have never heard my music collection sound so good. As the OP mentioned, mid-range and vocals are really strong points, but with my...
  17. ajward549

MC225 New Chassis vs. Old Chassis

Wow! Fantastic work
  18. ajward549

My sonic temple...new listening space under construction

Yeah, me too! This place looks sweet!
  19. ajward549

Vaughn's Sonic Sanctuary

You would certainly be welcome! The Fast 8s in monitors are simply great, I could not find a better speaker for the room/system at even a fraction the price! The 6.5s in the open baffles really are amazing. I can’t believe the sound of those $60 drivers! I may build the 6.5s into cabinets for...
  20. ajward549

Vaughn's Sonic Sanctuary

I have the Fast 8’s I built into a pair of monitors and they are fantastic! I also have the inexpensive 6.5” drivers built into open baffles and they are amazing little speakers!
  21. ajward549

Vaughn's Sonic Sanctuary

Love it! Big Lii fan here too:)
  22. ajward549

Show us your flea-watts amps!

My Type 42 paired with a passive preamp with dual mono TVCs, so good!
  23. ajward549

What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

Taking a break from Holiday music
Back
Top Bottom