Search results

1. Jonesy09

NAD 2150 Protection Issue?

Disregard. Must be a mechanical issue with the spring in the power switch. Held it in past the "click", then put some harder pressure just to the left (as an accident) and it locked in and stayed on.
  2. Jonesy09

NAD 2150 Protection Issue?

Received my 2150 today, ordered "tested, works". After letting it sit inside open for a few hours I plugged it in to check power up. Worked fine. Then plugged in the NAD 1020 pre and tried it again. It wouldn't stay powered up. All lights would come on, then fade out. It worked again after...
  3. Jonesy09

NAD 1020 & Leesonic Refurb

Got myself a pretty nice unit on a trade for a Nak receiver and a little cash. I know some folks hate the looks of these mid '80's units but I like their simplicity. Having done re-caps on a few sets of speakers I know electrical components can use some refreshing after a while so I shipped...
  4. Jonesy09

Built in Subwoofer Project

Recently bought a new house and have been dialing in systems in various rooms. The system in question is the living room which is supposed to be our one 5.1 rig in the house. At issue is that we lost our .1 for this system a couple years ago and have been running 5.0 since then. Now that we...
  5. Jonesy09

Snell Type K - what to do with them?

Pulled the woofs....vifa's.
  6. Jonesy09

Snell Type K - what to do with them?

Was gifted a pair from relatives. They need foam and some light refresh on the cabinets but are in otherwise decent and operable shape. Years ago I was pretty heavy into refurbing for myself and flipping but haven't done it in a while. I did have a pair of JII's for a couple weeks and loved...
  7. Jonesy09

Infinity RSII Front Covers

I will eventually make a set for mine that came to me without them. I had dimensions around here somewhere I got from actually measuring a pair on loan from a fellow AK'er but I can't find them - it's been a while. My plan was to use either .5" or .75" MDF. Evan.....I know it's been a while...
  8. Jonesy09

NAD Owner's - Unite

Forgot to add pics....
  9. Jonesy09

NAD Owner's - Unite

I realize this is resurrecting and old thread but being a new first time owner of a NAD I'm glad I found it. And while I am appreciative of the loads of tech info in this thread I concur with Lee's sentiment. There does not appear to be 'juicy' pic filled thread for NAD gear like there is for...
  10. Jonesy09

Blowing out a 2226

Literally. How safe is this? Getting a relative's receiver ready to sell and cracked the top to deoxit the volume knob (can't do it from inside it turns out) and noticed the layer of dust inside. Not the worst I've seen but my first inclination was to take it out to the garage and hit the...
  11. Jonesy09

looking for a needle for marantz 6100

Depends on your cart. I'm currently replacing the stylus for a Shure M91ED that came original to a 6100. Lp Gear has a straight replacement for just over $30 (but you can go all the way up to a SAS for $200).
  12. Jonesy09

AIWA AD-L300u

Well I guess this one broke. Got it, powered on, everything lit up fine but no movement. Cracked it open and immediately found the two belts to and from the reset meter disintegrated, so I'm guessing the other belts are toast. A belt kit at VE is $24 but the last two auctions I've seen for...
  13. Jonesy09

How steep is the 'Marantz Tax'?

That's about in line with what I'm seeing on our side of Lake Michigan, except Chicago seems to be absolutely crazy with asking prices.
  14. Jonesy09

How steep is the 'Marantz Tax'?

I've been tasked with selling some gear for relatives who are downsizing. The two main pieces of interest are a 2226 receiver and a 6100 turntable. They are the original owners who bought them new in the late 70's. they were never abused as they got light use listening to occasional country...
  15. Jonesy09

AIWA AD-L300u

Thanks for your input.
  16. Jonesy09

AIWA AD-L300u

I finally got the manual so at least I have some specs. Seems like a middle of the road 2 head deck but has some nice options. What did you like about Aiwa in particular? And thanks for your input.
  17. Jonesy09

Marantz 6100/Shure M91ED trouble shoot

The stylus shape seemed ok after taking off the headshell and inspecting as close as I could, but didn't have a magnifying glass. Did the old magic pad stylus clean before hand so there was little to no dirt.
  18. Jonesy09

Marantz 6100/Shure M91ED trouble shoot

Hello All, Been out for a bit but now need some help figuring out some bad warble on the above mentioned rig (helping relatives with some gear). The 6100 with original cart was bought new by them in the late 1970's, and while they were not audiophiles or huge music fans, this did get...
  19. Jonesy09

AIWA AD-L300u

Anyone know anything about this deck? I've read some of the history on Aiwa relating to Sony, etc...but can't seem to find much info specific to this model. I have a relative giving up some gear and I'm wondering about the status of this model.
  20. Jonesy09

Dual 1245

Having owned a few Duals, 1246, 510, 1019, and a beat up 1245, I'd have to say that one should never turn down a trade on a Dual, particularly for the deal you have going on. Cartridge carriers can be had relatively cheap and these tables respond well to a wide variety of carts.
  21. Jonesy09

Todays METAL playlist

Opeth anyone?
  22. Jonesy09

Wife surprises me! *Stunned* Polk speakers

Old school Polk's are awesome and a wife who reels them in for you is even better. Enjoy both!
  23. Jonesy09

Infinity Entra Two

I have to admit, I'm an Infinity fan. From my first HTIB set to Interlude 30's to my hot rodded RS II's. I've loved them all. So when I saw a pair of Entra Two's on the local CL for $50 I just had to find a reason to try them out. Same CMMD drivers as the IL30's that I liked so much but a...
  24. Jonesy09

New RS8T on the way....we'll see.

Just ordered a replacement stylus for my old Realistic R1000EDT. Got the N75HE type 2 from LP Gear. The most expensive stylus I've ever bought. Got a new headshell for the Denon DP-300F and will now have three carts mounted for this table. Grado ZC+/Green1, LP Gear improved Denon stock...
  25. Jonesy09

Todays METAL playlist

And some Blue....
Back
Top Bottom