Search results

1. steveUK

JVC JR-S600 Mk1 source/function lamps mechanical info needed

Seeing no other way out, I disconnected the front panel. Ha, that's easier said than done as the tuning cord is deployed on both the front panel and the main chassis. Anyway, I allowed the tuning cord to hang loose in the belief that I could sort it out afterwards. That 'kinda' gave me access...
  2. steveUK

The front panel is 'connected' to the major chassis via the tuning cord plus screws 'everywhere'. So unless the tuning cord is removed (major pain), then it's not possible to remove the front panel, or maybe (it's hard to tell) the panel itself sectionalises and allows the bottom half to come...
  3. steveUK

Tandberg TR2055 - Needs Replacement Relay

That being the case you're saying that the pull in force of the relay is poor/weak. That's either due to the relay not functioning properly (relay coil problems such as intermittent/partially short or open circuit, or a mechanical issue) or, the coil voltage being insufficient ie too low for a...
  4. steveUK

Tandberg TR2055 - Needs Replacement Relay

If - as you say, the contacts on yours are immaculate - just spend a bit more time setting it up so that the contacts operate properly and of course are clean, as they should already be clean from what you say. It will take less time than sourcing and ordering and fitting a new one. And free of...
  5. steveUK

After a long gap on this subject, I now have the bulbs in question. Has anyone actually replaced any of these input selection lamps/bulbs that are mounted on a long narrow PCB, itself being mounted on the front panel? I've looked long and hard at ways to access them and as yet have not figured...
  6. steveUK

Tandberg TR 2060 Problems

I recently had a similar tight tuner unit on my 2060L. I used thin silicon lube applied with a fine awl to the front, visible part of the shaft behind the black tuning cord carrier where the shaft appears comprise a number of moving sections that are all sliding over each other. At first this...
  7. steveUK

Grundig Satellit 650 motor tuning problems

A Grundig Satellit 650 works fine on all bands except for the following problem. In motorised mode the set is supposed to drive the tuning cap and dial pointer to a recalled stored station or just dialled in frequency by the keypad. The motor runs and the tuning cap and dial pointer are moved...
  8. steveUK

A different replacement strap for Sony Walkman Pro WM-D6C?

I have an original one on the way. Apparently the same strap and connector type was also used on a certain Sony Discman, and that's nowhere near so sought after as the Walkman WM-D6C cassette player. Thanks for your input and ideas guys.
  9. steveUK

Here's a diagram of the strap and fittings from the instruction manual. You can see that the strap has special clips that form fit the buttons on the side of the player and actually clip on to them. Maybe, just maybe, Sony used the system on another piece of kit?
  10. steveUK

As it's going to be a very hard task (not to mention cost) to find an original strap for my Walkman WM-D6C, has anyone 'made' or re-used one of another type? The problem is, in order for the strap to be secure it has to firmly embrace the buttons on each side of the player. For example, a...
  11. steveUK

Detailed instructions to fit rubber belts to Pioneer CT-93?

Hmm, yes that's an idea and I can explain my situation. Thanks.
  12. steveUK

Actually in continuing to search for this I've come across a US based supplier, wjoe, who actually provides fitting information. The problem is, as soon as I got the machine and realised that it needed new belts I got straight on to Ebay and found a few suppliers in Europe (I live in the UK) and...
  13. steveUK

Needing to change the belts on a Pioneer CT-93, it occurred to me, how did technicians in Pioneer repair centres manage to do this?! I ask the question because without detailed instructions, the complex electro mechanical ‘lump’ that is called a cassette mechanism is a rather daunting piece of...
  14. steveUK

Yamaha CT-7000 hifi tuner faults

Thanks so far guys. I'll report back.
  15. steveUK

Thanks Watthour. So, stereo decoder section? Out of interest, the service manual does not appear to have the procedure for re-alignment unless I'm missing something? It has a whole host of set up procedures but I cannot see any that are actual re-alignment ones as in "apply this frequency and...
  16. steveUK

Thanks for that. All appears to be ok in that respect. However, I have changed my mind about it being a sensitivity issue. The set will receive, quite clearly, Radio Ashbourne (I'm in the UK). Now that won't mean much (obviously) to most people, but where I am sited, that is a very tough...
  17. steveUK

A Yamaha CT-7000 hifi tuner came to me not working. I have now got it into a state of basically working but there are still problems. So far I have replaced faulty transistors and blown fusible resistors on the power board, ALL electrolytics and tants on that board have been checked for value...
  18. steveUK

Yamaha CT-7000 Powersupply modification

I'm in a similar position and as part of the rebuilding process I removed the three sets of IR 'double diodes' to check them. They're not all the same rating however, one bridge uses '2' marked devices (2A?) and the other two use the '1' marked parts. Neither the layout, schematic or parts list...
  19. steveUK

If only they'd start up again..

I think you've pretty much nailed it there John. But it would be a nice thought if they did a short run 'revival series' complete with wooden side panels. Dream on..
  20. steveUK

If only they'd start up again..

It's tantalising to think that although Sansui only exists as a manufacturer of TVs now, the fact is, it does exist and it would be wonderful if they'd dip their toe into the high end hifi/audio market again. Will it ever happen? A lot of water has passed under the bridge since they pulled out...
  21. steveUK

Been a vintage audio enthusiast since the mid 70s. My passion presently is 70s hifi receivers...

Been a vintage audio enthusiast since the mid 70s. My passion presently is 70s hifi receivers and tuners, and high quality portable radios.
  22. steveUK

Kenwood Trio 600T IF display

The only (?!) problem with the TX-9800 for DXing is that it has the auto lock/tune facility. So if you are wanting to tune oh so slightly off centre to get the best audible reception of a distant station that sits between or next to stronger ones, as soon as you release your hand from the tuning...
  23. steveUK

Marantz 4025 Cassiever

It's called marketing. The average person looking to buy hifi would have known about the prestige, status and quality of Marantz, but particularly in the case of those of limited budget, they would see this 'bells and whistles' unit for sale at an affordable price, and there you go, "I have my...
  24. steveUK

Has anyone DIY'd a RK-100 separation kit for Rotel RX-1603 receiver?

Hmm. Doesn't seem to be a popular home brew mod, and maybe not many have done even with the proper separation kit?
  25. steveUK

Kenwood Trio 600T IF display

Thanks. Doesn't the Pioneer TX-9800 and SX-1980 share a certain amount of RF design technology? Not saying they're the same but both use a similar 'auto-lock' system.
Back
Top Bottom