Search results

1. SkyRanger

What would you get if you had about $21-$22K for a nice HT and Stereo system

If I had that budget I’d start with an Anthem MRX 1120 (their top AVR) and pair it with the best Paradigm speakers I could afford. Paradigm and Anthem are sister companies, and Anthem’s room correction system is highly regarded. GG
  2. SkyRanger

Are Audiophyles Baby Boomers?

1950 I was slow getting into audio since my teen passion was astronomy and telescopes. We did have a hand-me-down console in the living room, but only a handful of records. My first real gear was bought about 1970- a Montgomery Ward TT which folded up into a portable unit (speakers detached)...
  3. SkyRanger

List the top 3 best sounding speakers you have ever owned.

Paradigm Signature 2 Paradigm Studio 100, v. 3 Snell E/ III Gg
  4. SkyRanger

What Record Are You Hearing Now?

My first 180g LP, a reissue of a classic. GG
  5. SkyRanger

The Platters GG
  6. SkyRanger

Suggest me a turntable to look for

I much prefer a semi-auto which lifts the arm or even returns the arm at the end of play. I hate the scratching sound made when the stylus winds its way through the dead wax at the end. (Whether that's actually harmful or not, I have no expert opinion to share.) With a semi auto I can be more...
  7. SkyRanger

Pictures of Cats on Audio Gear

Harriet is wondering, "Am I in trouble for getting behind the LPs?" GG
  8. SkyRanger

This impressive Telarc LP was recorded to digital masters and then to disc without any processing. GG
  9. SkyRanger

Any AVR receivers known for good sound?

Another vote for Anthem AVRs being very musical. I have the MRX 720. GG
  10. SkyRanger

These albums were recorded for great sound and still available

Dick Schory made some great show-off albums. Bang, Baroom, and Harp is full of fun! GG
  11. SkyRanger

Underdog hi-fi components

Agree with you on the classic Paradigm Titans: I have two pair of v. 1. GG
  12. SkyRanger

Smart TV--me not so much

Costco allows very generous returns, AND I think the delicate, fragile optical cable is a disaster. However, I wanted to get the TV installed as a surprise for my wife while she was gone. I had a narrow time window, liked the TV, and decided to just bite the bullet on the over-expensive cable.
  13. SkyRanger

Smart TV--me not so much

Samsung uses a proprietary connector, not a standard one. GG
  14. SkyRanger

iPhono2 died and guess what?

The RS 2109 is keeping a place as my backup Pre for sure, and it may get recapped at a later date. But, thanks to brentj4 and BT I have added a Lehman Black Cube to the system, and it’s making beautiful music right now. I am a happy camper! Gordon G
  15. SkyRanger

Sorry about being so slow to post pics! GG
  16. SkyRanger

My iPhono was just a few months out of warranty, but it sounded good when it worked! I think the Realistic is a treasure, esp. for the $3. I have invested! I think I will look into upgrading the caps, etc. GG
  17. SkyRanger

I lost music while flipping sides on a nice big band recording yesterday. I could not figure out what had happened, but I noticed that my iPhono2 was feeling very hot. I had a Radio Shack RS 42-2109 that had been in the top of my closet since I picked it up from a garage sale for $3.00. I...
  18. SkyRanger

Reccomendation for SACD player

I have been very happy with Cambridge Audio universal disk players. They are not cheap, but I have had good luck saving money by buying close outs of the model before the current one or by getting factory reconditioned units from their USA outlet ( sold on the big auction site). GG
  19. SkyRanger

Anyone here use a vinyl buddy? (Silicone roller)

I bought mine for 70-something from the big online mega-store, but I have a Nagaoka cart and I am a sucker for gadgets. GG
  20. SkyRanger

Anyone here use a vinyl buddy? (Silicone roller)

I recently ordered the Nagaoka “lint roller” brush. I had a fairly clean thrift store find, so I used the Nagaoka instead of my normal RCM routine. The record appeared to clean up nicely, and played without a single snap, crackle, or pop. No signs of sticky residue left behind. It will not...
  21. SkyRanger

Kenwood Owners Show Us Your Kenwoods!

I have a (hopjohn) restored KA 7100 that I listen to every day. Love it! GG
  22. SkyRanger

Smart TV--me not so much

Unfortunately there are no component connections on the Samsung One Connect box—only HDMI, optical, and usb. Good news, my $182.optical cable will be here on Tuesday. If there are no more challenges I can get the new TV hooked up to surprise my wife when she returns on Thursday. GG
  23. SkyRanger

Smart TV--me not so much

The project has hit a snag. I read glowing reviews of Samsung's QLED technology. Unfortunately no review that I read told me that Samsung uses a proprietary optical cable which connects to the TV and then to a separate "One Connect" box that has the other connections. The optical cable is...
  24. SkyRanger

Smart TV--me not so much

Yes, it does have ARC. This gives my bank account hope! GG
  25. SkyRanger

Smart TV--me not so much

The TV is a 2018 Samsung QLED 75f, model #QN55Q75FMF (Costco buy) and my older Pioneer Elite is a VSX-21THX. GG
Back
Top Bottom