Search results

1. Mikefc

Denon AVR1804 receiver- into protect

Weird problem, trying to repair a friend's Denon. Any front panel adjustment or selection of any input change will cause the device to shoot to full volume and into protect. A factory reset ( hold SPK A&B while applying power) will allow you to turn it on and it will stay playing a cd for...
  2. Mikefc

repair advice for Hitachi SR-903 receiver

Hi, yes, it is 704 and the schematic is wrong. This unit is a pain to repair because the supplies are balanced across both left and right. I have one I put aside becuase every time I corrected an error in one channel , a new problem developed in the other.'
  3. Mikefc

stumped with STA-2000 phono preamp.

Love to read this.... this stumped me for some time until I swapped the polarity, It's great to have AK to share
  4. Mikefc

Sony TC-C5 cassette carousel..... won't load

Hi; I think it's missing a logic state, something that tells the drive to send the carousel back. I've tried so any things I got frustrated and put it on the shelf.
  5. Mikefc

Sony TC-C5 cassette carousel..... won't load

Hi all; does anyone have any experience with this rather odd device? I'm repairing for a friend and already replaced the belts, etc. But I cannot seem to get the carousel to load/dock the cassette into the tape mech. The drum rotates, it scans for a tape at each location and it opens to load...
  6. Mikefc

Marantz 2230 filter caps question

That's a good idea, ty. I just did post it now
  7. Mikefc

2230 power cap upgrade question

I've just upgraded the main filter cap from 4700 to 8200uF/80vdc and the two 30vdc supply caps from 2200 to 3200uF. Did I go too high on the main cap? After a bunch of on and offs over the past two days, the 3amp fuse blew this morning. I replaced it and it's seems fine again. I don't want to...
  8. Mikefc

Marantz 2230 filter caps question

I've just upgraded the main filter cap from 4700 to 8200uF/80vdc and the two 30vdc supply caps from 2200 to 3200uF. Did I go too high on the main cap? After a bunch of on and offs over the past two days, the 3amp fuse blew this morning. I replaced it and it's seems fine again. I don't want to...
  9. Mikefc

can you suggest a kit? Did you ever watch BlueGlow Electronics youtube?
  10. Mikefc

Without a doubt the nostalgia factor of tube gear is mush more consuming. I dipped my toe in a few years ago and rebuilt an NF-2 Grundig amp with entire console. The sound is so nice. I have another I bought and rebuilt to use as a stand alone amp. What tube amp is your daily driver ?
  11. Mikefc

Was not blessed with children. Had I been….. they be as worried as my wife about what to do with all this lol
  12. Mikefc

I just restored an SA2000 a while back. Another great little amp. Sometimes I feel bad seeing these things on the shelf not being used but I can’t part with them. Like my Akai 4000ds.
  13. Mikefc

I was there ‘73-77 left as store manger , you ?
  14. Mikefc

I worked for them out of HS for three years. I always respected and understood what they were doing. I have fond memories of them as the place my engineering career began.
  15. Mikefc

totally cocky to not take a photo this time..... " it's such a simple little board" he said.......
  16. Mikefc

SOLVED! After much consternation I was able to confirm that all the transistors were oriented correctly. The problem still persisted however, there was gain but not enough. This took me to the B+ and B- supplies. I noticed B- was not correct , where there was +24 on a transistor as spec'ed...
  17. Mikefc

Did you ever see the JCC1845? , that’s what printed on these I got from Mouser. Their bag though is printed KSC1845
  18. Mikefc

holy crap, this is most likely it. I spent an hour on alltransistor.com yesterday and did not see this.... and if this is true, then the silk screen is in fact wrong as was suggested here by Lavane
  19. Mikefc

i'm going to pursue this.... ty
  20. Mikefc

I just swapped out the electrolytics and the transistors on the phono preamp pcb of my realistic STA-2000. The 2SC1222(2) are replaced with JCC1845 which I got from Mouser when I ordered KSC1845. The 2SA750 were replaced with 2SA992. After swapping out , there is very minimal amplification. 5mv...
  21. Mikefc

The Truth about the realistic sta2000

I find the Loudness totally unusable on my unit unless I have a particularly poor old record with thin sound. Then I turn it on, it doesn’t sound good but it does sound better.
  22. Mikefc

STUMPED Marantz 2230

Certainly is, it never gets old
  23. Mikefc

STUMPED Marantz 2230

thanks all , found the culprit. open 10 ohm resistor on H755 collector.
  24. Mikefc

STUMPED Marantz 2230

I pulled three in an area where it appears there was heat transferred into the PCB, this under C752 100uF which was bad when i started my repair. All three tested good. I'll continue looking at the others ....
  25. Mikefc

STUMPED Marantz 2230

I decided to take a break and reach out for help here at AK. Sometimes when you get in a rabbit hole of troubleshooting you can really become blind, a new perspective would be greatly appreciated. I am repairing an old Marantz 2230, it was in bad shape with many issues, all of which are taken...
Back
Top Bottom