Search results

1. Bodyblue

I Regressed And Bought A New Watch

As looks go, the black strap looks really nice, no argument there. I just hate anything but bracelets. I may change it to a heavy black mesh....those are my very favorites because they can be adjusted to fit like no other system.
  2. Bodyblue

Baby Advent?

Yup, smoked them. The 4s are extra mediocre at best. The Baby lls are simply that much better.
  3. Bodyblue

OK, got the jubilee on....
  4. Bodyblue

Baby Advent?

I have had the Monitor 4s 5Bs 7Bs and 10Bs. The Advents pretty much smoke the 4s but the 5Bs are a lot closer and I only prefer the Advents by a bit. Something about the older Polks I just cant fall in love with. I like them fine but I far prefer their newer ones. Matter of fact, Lavane has...
  5. Bodyblue

Baby Advent?

I had a set of Small Advents 6 or 7 years ago and liked, but did not love them so they moved on. The Baby Advent lls are a lot better and I really really like them.....I can see why they had kind of a cult following.
  6. Bodyblue

Baby Advent?

Exactly. What a stupid comment that was. The picture that @Lavane posted above is of my set of Baby Advent lls. I usually recap vintage speakers (especially Realistics) so I can judge them fairly......all of them have had some difference but most of the difference has been very small. A...
  7. Bodyblue

tried HT speakers on my HiFi...somewhat surprised.

I had. Set of KG2s that I despised. The horns killed my ears and the bass was flabby. The Marantz Imperial 6s you see in the pic above absolutely smoke the KG2s and any Heresy. I like Polks a lot more.
  8. Bodyblue

tried HT speakers on my HiFi...somewhat surprised.

Newer Polks sound just fine, I have a set of 8 year old ones for my HT front mains.
  9. Bodyblue

Baby Advent?

I found a set of Baby lls in Dec and had them refoamed. I really really like them... @Lavane has them now to see what he thinks of them. Nicely built with solid Pecan caps....so much nicer looking than the dreary black wood.
  10. Bodyblue

I found a deal on a Bulova Clipper and could not resist. A larger reissue from the 60s. My wife has a blue and stainless one. I put a Jubilwe bracelet on hers and I will put a black Jubilee on mine. We both don't care for leather straps. It's a handsome rig.
  11. Bodyblue

New vs Old......I'm sold

In the systems I use the most I settled on early 90s Kenwood pre amps and tuners. They sound nice, have metal faceplates AND remote control. I also dont mind the vacuum florescent displays at all. I dont mind the black because at least it is metal but I find black wood hideous and dour.
  12. Bodyblue

New vs Old......I'm sold

Yep, it was my Marantz 7025. I really like it. You have also seen inside and heard my Sony 330ES and it sounds just as good as the Marantz IMO and it's 90s "vintage". But that Sony 3200 I got from you sounds pretty good to me.
  13. Bodyblue

Why do stereo equipment reviewers never have the music I Play..?

Music is so subjective that it is like a different language and most of the time I don't have a translator. That being said, when I test speakers there are few songs I test them with. I rarely to never just sit and listen to an album.....my mind does not work that way. I am more of a...
  14. Bodyblue

Realistic Optimus 21/ ADS L620 Comparo

My Imperials live in my front system. My new Marantz 7025 amp and 1990 vintage Kenwood pre and tuner are a great match for them.......but then I have never heard them NOT to be a great match for any system. Easy to drive but they love power as well. The 21s image better, but not by much. The...
  15. Bodyblue

Oh, about "manufacturers recommended placement"; this is not a scientific review and since both companies that made the items in this review are out of business, getting such specs is problematic.
  16. Bodyblue

The speakers are about 21 feet apart toed in to put the sweet spot in the middle of our king size bed. Any speaker in these systems have great bass. The 620s are great speakers and I really like them. My surprise was that the Realistics stood toe to toe with them. My current crop of 10 in...
  17. Bodyblue

Dear autocorrect, I am tired of all your shirt.
  18. Bodyblue

Did or didn't?
  19. Bodyblue

I wrestled out the ADS L620s so I could do an A/B comparison with the 21s. I made sure to stand at ear level (since the 21s are on top of the 620s and that gives them an advantage) to listen to each and tried to judge each in soundstage, detail, midrange and bass. Here goes: With the 21s...
  20. Bodyblue

Oh, I used the weird Alien nano tape to hold the caps down. The stuff strange but it really works well and is easier to use than glue.
  21. Bodyblue

OK! I got the 21 recapped this morning. The new caps are yuuuuge compared to the old ones as can be seen in the pictures below. I have recapped about 18 sets over the years and all of the ones I have done have sounded different.......but in the vast majority of them the difference has been...
  22. Bodyblue

Our freaking dogs wake our happy asses up about 5 every morning.....I am on my second round of caffeine about now.
  23. Bodyblue

I got the caps for the 21s yesterday. I will see if I can get off my lazy ass and get them recapped today.
  24. Bodyblue

I need to bring out the ADS L620s and see how the 21 compete. If I do it in the next few days I will measure the woofers to see how ADS classified a "10" in woofer.
  25. Bodyblue

Is it possible to fall in love in one weekend? I think I have. I really really dig them
Back
Top Bottom