Search results

1. audiomaniac2

NAD 7130 display lamps

Thanks that good to know.
  2. audiomaniac2

DCM CX-17 thermo circuit breaker problem.

I have a pair of the DCM CX-17 speakers. When I listened to them I noticed one of them would cut out after listening to them for a while. Sometimes the sound would distort and if you cranked them up a bit it would come back normal. I thought for sure it was the amp I was using so I hooked up...
  3. audiomaniac2

SX-828 tuner question.

Ok thanks for the info.
  4. audiomaniac2

SX-828 tuner question.

I recently bought a pioneer sx-828 receiver. I'm going through it and changing electrolytic caps and small transistors with known problems. I'm thinking about changing the electrolytic caps on the tuner board. Is this board difficult to work on?Also my main question is ,There are around three...
  5. audiomaniac2

NAD 3150 turn-off snap

Could be the capacitor across the power switch is no good causing the power switch to arch (when the contacts open), producing the thump. Also does the relay open up immediately when you turn off power?
  6. audiomaniac2

NAD 3150 turn-off snap

I had 7150 receiver which is similar to 3150. It had a resistor attached to the foil side of the board for the relay protection circuit. I can't remember exactly where it was attached. It was a factory modification. Maybe the resistor eliminates the thump caused by the discharge from the...
  7. audiomaniac2

NAD 7140 - FM Tuner problem, would you pay to fix it?

He's saying check the IC's to make sure they are getting the proper positive and negative voltages from the power supply.Does the AM radio work?
  8. audiomaniac2

Look up; Need digital tuner expert Under the tuner forum. I got some good advice for my 7140 tuner . June 23 2018
  9. audiomaniac2

I had a NAD 7140 that had a problem with the FM. I was adjusting a coil as per service manual , and the coil fell over as I turned it. It had a bad solder joint on the coil. Once I resoldered it it worked fine . It was kind of a hassle turning the board over to get to the foil side. Don't know...
  10. audiomaniac2

Fix and keep this Marantz MR-1135 receiver?

Some receivers pull enough power idling to light up a bulb. I use a minimum of 60 watts and sometimes need to go 100 watts or more on higher powered amps.
  11. audiomaniac2

Fix and keep this Marantz MR-1135 receiver?

The dim bulb tester is used to protect the unit from damage if you have a short .Your not using it as it was designed for. You should remove it from your stereo before you create problems.
  12. audiomaniac2

Larger “outhouse” style transistors a problem?

Iv'e never heard them called outhouse transistors. Do you call TO3 transistors ,toilet seat transistors.
  13. audiomaniac2

SA-6500 MkII blows fuses

Try cleaning the tone switch with contact cleaner .Deoxit or simular .
  14. audiomaniac2

Need a little help on a Sansui g-7700

I'm sure they are not original Sanken transistors.The question is are they real replacements. I have been unable to locate originals until you gave the website of a source. I appreciate that. I am going to order some. I need to find out how much the shipping is. Do you know how to bias the...
  15. audiomaniac2

Hi Friends, Just an update. I replaced the output transistors (on the left side) , the 10 amp fuse and the 100 ohm trimers . I actually bought the the mt 200 style transistors from China. I just figured I'd take a chance. So far they are holding up ok. I noticed there are some voltage...
  16. audiomaniac2

Hi I was just wondering how you know that those are the original transistors to this unit. I haven't found any thing to that actually specifies those transistors or any other for that mater. When you say they can be bought on the Sansui Vintage site, I'm not sure which sight you are referring...
  17. audiomaniac2

Burning resistors on amp board - possible causes

Looks like you have mosfet output transistors.Four on each channel. Check them for shorts. The 470 ohm resister is in between the output of the driver transistors and the input of the output transistors. Check the drivers also for shorts.
  18. audiomaniac2

NAD: help me decide

I have a Nad 7175Pe also. I really like it too. Mine produces a lot of heat even when there's no music playing. Does yours run hot also? I bought it on Ebay a few years ago and had to do a bunch of work on it to get it operational. It was mostly fixing work that some one else did. I set the...
  19. audiomaniac2

The serial #810020232 #7 on the board.
  20. audiomaniac2

This unit has not been modified. It has 2 mt-200 transistors per channel. One npn and one pnp. All the schematics I found on line show the TO3p transistors 4 per channel. Thanks for your information.
  21. audiomaniac2

I did check them and they were good. Thanks.
  22. audiomaniac2

I'm thinking I'll run it with the shorted outputs removed , bring it up slow and monitor the amps to make sure there are no other shorts. I'm going to change the bias pots for sure. Thanks for your help!
  23. audiomaniac2

Thanks for the info. I'm checking with them. Also Just wondered if running this amp without the outputs could damage the amp. want to bring voltage up slow to check on any other shorts.
Back
Top Bottom