Search results

1. Rob Thomas

Avery's "First" Maker: The TA-800

Awesome! I was hoping an AK member would scoop that one up. Cosmetically it looks amazing. Most of these brass-faced units look pretty beat up but you got a beautiful one! Let me know if you have any questions, although Dave probably covered EVERYTHING in this thread. PS, The seller never got...
  2. Rob Thomas

Planning on it. That is such a great resource.
  3. Rob Thomas

Think she actually reported her s/n to Dave earlier and I have it in my list. I actually contacted the seller on eBay and asked if he could upload a scan of the Operating Manual since I haven't been able to find one before. He agreed! I'll post it when I have it!
  4. Rob Thomas

2 new S/N's as found on eBay. 10669A & 10736A The second one is still listed and has a buy it now price of $1800. Has all of the paperwork including the Operating Manual which I've never seen! So far the known serial numbers are; 10141 A 10396 A 10669 A 10736 A 1127_ B 11575 C 11739 _ 12186 C...
  5. Rob Thomas

NOS Fisher 500S

Interesting. I didn't know the 500-S even existed. Neat little find Steve. When Dave tested my restored (Pre EFB) T/A 800, it was putting out around 20 WPC. Optimistic indeed. Glad you finally found one for your collection! I'm assuming the "S" is for stereo to distinguish it from the mono 500.
  6. Rob Thomas

Fisher's First High Power Stereo Amplifier: The SA-300

Great write up Dave. As always I understood about 30% of the terminology but that thing sure is a beauty. High praise from "the master". I'll bet with those stats, the Cornwalls are just trembling!
  7. Rob Thomas

Looking for some component info for a Fisher TA-800

Check out Dave G's thread on restoring my unit. There's more in that thread than you ever dreamed was available on the TA-800. Also recommend McIntosh Cabinets as well. Built like a brick and gorgeous. They are a bit pricey but will outlast me! The website says they don't make a cab for the 800...
  8. Rob Thomas

Looking for some component info for a Fisher TA-800

Dave P. Love to see some pics of the old girl if you have the chance. Not many of them on here.
  9. Rob Thomas

Hey guys. Just wanted to say we just passed the 6 month mark and the old girl is still singing sweetly. Thanks again to this wonderful community and especially Dave! Rob
  10. Rob Thomas

Systems for Grand kids?

You are a good Grandfather Larry. These kids will associate quality music and stereo gear with you forever. What a great legacy! My wife and I don't have children, but I have six nieces and nephews. My brother has the stereo bug like I do and has a Marantz 4400 that was his father-in-laws. His...
  11. Rob Thomas

500-C...to buy or not to buy?

Gonna need some pictures when you have time... :)
  12. Rob Thomas

1963 Fisher President VIII 8000 Console

:lurk: What a beauty! Such a rare bird!
  13. Rob Thomas

Where do you get your tubes?

+1 for Jim McShane. Very nice guy. Honest and fast!
  14. Rob Thomas

Need prayers and some High End MOJO for Wife See link.

So sorry to hear this Larry. Continuing to pray for and think of you and your family.
  15. Rob Thomas

Fisher 400CX on ePay

I would love to make the jump into Fisher separates but boy those preamp prices are no joke! I wonder how much different the preamp sections in the Fisher receivers are in comparison?
  16. Rob Thomas

Receivers as preamps. Why not?

What a great thread! I am very new to this audio obsession, but am proud of my receiver and how well it performs. My next leap will be into some separate gear. My Fisher doesn't have preamp outs, but I'd like to think that it's got a pretty darned good preamp section. As I've been looking at...
  17. Rob Thomas

MPX-100 SN 10001-19999 Series Multiplex Demodulators

I saw those on ePay too. They even have one of the newer MPX-100 models described as NOS. The seller claimed to have taken it out of the original packaging (included in the sale) for the first time to post pictures. They are certainly going for a premium these days.
  18. Rob Thomas

Fisher CX and CX2

Agreed. He does the Fisher community proud. Very grateful I had the master work on my 800.
  19. Rob Thomas

Fisher CX and CX2

Beautiful! I would love to get into the separates as well but boy do you pay a premium especially for the Fisher preamps. Maybe one day but for those prices you could go McIntosh and even come out cheaper! I really like the looks of the old Fisher mono blocks and have heard they sound amazing...
  20. Rob Thomas

Streaming music services compared to some youtube music

+1 for Tidal HiFi. I'm having no issues with drops yet. I also have the higher quality Spotify. It is very handy and convenient for how large their catalog is, although I much prefer a physical format. There is something to be said for listening to Bach, then Bob Marley, then Boston without even...
  21. Rob Thomas

Need prayers and some High End MOJO for Wife See link.

Praying for you and your wife Larry. I know the Lords hands are on her. Please keep us updated.
  22. Rob Thomas

Kasual Klipsch Enkounters

It's amazing. I have many good friends and yet I am the only "Hi-Fi buff" in my group. I've always had a stereo prominently in my homes, however with my Klipsch/Fisher setup I get tons of comments from my guests. Several weeks ago I was playing The Allman Brothers: Live at Fillmore East on the...
  23. Rob Thomas

1961 Fisher President VI Restoration

Wow! Absolutely stunning console! As stated above, each component is just beautiful and a performer in their own right. What a special piece to own. Congrats and looking forward to more pics of the restoration as you have time.
  24. Rob Thomas

Sony ICF-9740W

Wanted to share my new purchase with you guys. Not exactly Hi-Fi but a fun little radio. I know they sold the heck out of these little radios when they were made. My parents had one in the kitchen growing up, as did my grandparents. I remember it having good sound for what it was. This little...
Back
Top Bottom