Search results

1. Saint Johnny

CR-1020 Needs Some Minor Help

Thanks for all the tips. I'll give them a try. But as I am not much of a tech beyond doing this simple kind of stuff, I think I may just send this out for a refurb, because I like the looks of it. I see ManyMoons gets lots of recommendations for his work, and I would contact him first but I...
  2. Saint Johnny

CR-1020 Needs Some Minor Help

Hello all, So I just picked up a 1020 that has some minor issues. Bulbs out, channels cutting in and out, dirty switches, etc. It seems like nothing major at first, so far. I can not find all that many troubleshooting threads here, other than the one or two from Rob. Any tips on problem areas...
  3. Saint Johnny

Yet Another B2 Refresh

:lurk:
  4. Saint Johnny

B2

Groan and cursed, I did, indeed. The MFer is really heavy!
  5. Saint Johnny

B2

I remember when I saw my B-2, it was the first one I had ever seen IRL. I could not believe how much bigger physically it was than it appears in pics, and it was also bigger than any of the Sony VFETs I had, or any other piece of gear I had ever owned. LOL And when I went to pick it up I was...
  6. Saint Johnny

Why is the AR 3A so desirable?

2nd
  7. Saint Johnny

Dirty contacts on B-2 speaker on/off switch?

Northern NJ about 40/50 miles west of NYC.
  8. Saint Johnny

Dirty contacts on B-2 speaker on/off switch?

:thumbsup: If Rott is one and the same as the poster of the 5 part B-2 resto videos. I concur! Truly brilliant and quite elegant solution.:bowdown: I wish Rott was 3000 miles closer.
  9. Saint Johnny

Bozak B-310b Concert Grands

I forgot to add, On my 302A, you couldn't really see or feel the countersunk screws until one tilted the cabinet way back from vertical. Or used a mirror... LOL Again I'm unsure if this applies to CG as I have never even seen a pair of CG or Symphonies in any variety, ever.
  10. Saint Johnny

Bozak B-310b Concert Grands

IIRC on my 60s era 302A there were screws set in the wood edge of the grille all along the bottom. 5 or 6 or so? But the script logo also needed to be removed. Not sure of the grille arraignment on CG though, as the grilles are twice as big. Perhaps screws are set into the sides?
  11. Saint Johnny

Weekly Estate and Garage sale finds (pics)

I'd try googling the entire barcode. See what comes up.
  12. Saint Johnny

The rarest speakers you own or have owned?

I even called McIntosh to find out more about them years ago. The person I spoke with at McIntosh was very interested in them, and wanted to send someone down from Binghamton to asses them. But for some reason or other, me or McIntosh never followed through on the offer. And I moved them to...
  13. Saint Johnny

The rarest speakers you own or have owned?

I don't really know how rare they are but I've only ever seen perhaps a 1/2 dozen at most, for sale in 15 years of this hobby. And mine are the ONLY pair I've ever seen locally, for sale or otherwise, since I bought them. McIntosh XR-19. http://www.roger-russell.com/xr19.htm
  14. Saint Johnny

Bozak...now what?

Correct. You have met all the requirements for the classic Bozak. Big box? Check! N10102 crossover? Check! 4 original Bozak drivers? 1 B-207 that includes the 2 Bozak Y tweeters, 1 Bozak B-199 woofer? Check! 1 Bozak B209-B mid-range? Check! On the tweeters: The tweeters are fine where they...
  15. Saint Johnny

AudioKarma's Memorial Wall (Members Who have Passed)

Just stumbled upon this. I had been here only intermittently in the past couple of years. Life happens. Reading this made me sad, though. RIP, my friends.
  16. Saint Johnny

Bozak B-401 Rapsody Speakers

Bumping a year old thread, for more info, sorry. Biggles, Can you elaborate more on what or how, you did go about replacing the original 401 xovers. How or where did you mount the rebuilt N10102 inside the cabinets or did you think of another solution?
  17. Saint Johnny

Bozak 301-FD Tempo II Question

Retrovert, I thought Kimsul was the original batting. When Kimberly-Clark divested or some such, and stopped making it. Bozak then switched to Tuffex. Do I have my Bozak time-line incorrect? AGAIN. LOL Ok now that I read your description more carefully I'd venture to guess my FD had cellulose...
  18. Saint Johnny

Retrovert, My FDs used the fake cotton Tuffex(?) Tufflex(?) batts. There was no hanging curtain. All the interior surfaces were entirely covered. But the 199 was surrounded entirely by a blanket of the Tuffex, wedged in very tightly against, and completely covering the back of the woofer, like...
  19. Saint Johnny

My very first adventure into this hobby was a pair of Bozaks about 15-16 years ago from a garage sale. And my very first pair of Bozaks was a pair of B-301FD. The FD was the high-end version of the B-301CD which Retrovert mentions here or elsewhere. The differences between the CD and FD 301...
  20. Saint Johnny

"As the glue dries..." Post up your refoam jobs!

I used looneytunes fillet surrounds on my 8" EPI 100. Easy peasey, came out great. They sound great.
  21. Saint Johnny

Heads up, Ampex Console in East Elmhurst NY

^^^ Thanks! Based on CoastinHome's post I was right the first time. The Ampex I gutted had the Garrard and the AM/FM Control Center, thus a 1961 Concerto. EDIT: Haha, after searching I found my old thread from 7 years ago. I forgot that I even posted about it.
  22. Saint Johnny

"As the glue dries..." Post up your refoam jobs!

I always meant to try a refoam on some of my car speakers. From this thread I see my idea was not that far-out, far-fetched or unique. LOL
  23. Saint Johnny

The bozaks are home.

From your other thread pics, it seems the mids are non isolated. The first easy mod on your 'to-do' list should be the covering those B-209 mids with a "flower pot" a la Retrovert's suggestions or biggles DIY tube. From what I've read, You really should be fine with 30-50 watts. Remember...
Back
Top Bottom