Search results

1. Snuck

JVC QL-?? owners thread

Yes, but the rubber was totally undamaged, and factory part. I'll post later also pics of the Victor ceramic turntable weight. It looks unusual, but it works very well. However, it is extremly fragile.
  2. Snuck

JVC QL-?? owners thread

That looks like it now that you say it. It was kinda full of a special glue in the brass section and few others places, making it harder to move, never saw any mention of it. However, as I can't mold it, I gotta make it in several ones including a top head reworked to manage the squares. I am...
  3. Snuck

JVC QL-?? owners thread

I had a bit of sagging on the visible rubber, but I regret I took it down as internals rubbers were perfectly fine despite a bad alignment of the collar with the time. I am gonna purchase a set of rubbers to replace the three rubbers. I can mesure the two of the back, but the one doing a joint...
  4. Snuck

JVC QL-?? owners thread

Yes, on the ql-a7. I readed the post and started to do mine as well. However, 7082 tonearm is a little different and mine just had the largest rubber which was starting to show weakness. Therefore, I had to cut down the three others rubbers which were in quite good shape despite the age. When...
  5. Snuck

JVC QL-?? owners thread

I know about it as I owned a CL-P3 which was too massive, way too wide even by big turntables standards. The dust cover was totally reworked compare to the CL-P1 and P2. I'll check for the work you did but I think I saw it, my bad.
  6. Snuck

JVC QL-?? owners thread

On the QL-A75 and A-95, there is an external piece binding the turntable to the tonearm base. They considered that the plinth have its own vibrations without the binding. The plinths for TT-101 to 61 are a bit different and maybe they didn't discover it yet or considered it to be harmful. A...
  7. Snuck

JVC QL-?? owners thread

Just received my UA-7082 in good shape. Very glad to see it. However, it have a small sagging starting, I was wondering if a drop of glue at the top of the rubber would fix it because I won't have time to repair the rubber before a long time. The rubber is still in one piece and show no...
  8. Snuck

Micro Seiki owner's club

Several persons including people from Japan refers to TT-61 and DD-7 sharing the same electronics. Maybe the Jl-B31 shares it too, it's only a board. The good thing is that now we have a workable manual to service DD-7 and maybe TT-61 as well...
  9. Snuck

Micro Seiki owner's club

The dd7 uses the TT-61 control board and its motor. If the moto doesn't have the same number, then it is not the same. It can look similar but internal shall differs. TT-61 is ac motor, TT-81 is dc motor. About the tonearm, one of them have most likely been corroded, and reworked, hence the...
  10. Snuck

Micro Seiki owner's club

Custom made aluminium ceramic helps a lot more for dampening. The only drawback is that it's the most fragile, just don't let it fall.
  11. Snuck

Motor "screeches" finally gone ?

Did it work fine before the new oil bearing?
  12. Snuck

JVC QL-?? owners thread

Use a better cartridge and it'll really sing. Nice purchase however for the price, that's very very rare price.
  13. Snuck

Motor "screeches" finally gone ?

Some DC motors are forbidden to temper with oil. I doubt it's one of them however but I can't be sure unless I see the motor. Not the motor should be oiled but only the bearing only should maybe receive oil. In order to oil the bearing, you have to do some dismantle where you'll have some old...
  14. Snuck

Micro Seiki owner's club

About the DD-8 turntable, in worst case, I have a working condition electronics of the DD-8. However, I would advice you to recap and clean any kind of selectors you may find. Keep the usual values, they are here for a reason. The only things you "may" try to upgrade would be at the power...
  15. Snuck

JVC QL-?? owners thread

It was an official Victor department, specialy tailored with special phone number for luxuous clients. As such, it is even harder to get informations over it. It was over the laboratory range actually and they changed twice its name apparently (unless the other name was another department). The...
  16. Snuck

JVC QL-?? owners thread

Those plinths looks nice but you have to be careful as they may let the turntable get damage. The best plinths possible are the original ones as they compensate vibrations, hence, extending the life of the parts. Those plinths were also designed to be modified, especially at their feet, by...
  17. Snuck

JVC QL-?? owners thread

Well, that's effort and money well spent, honestly. I wish you to keep the turntable for years to come. If you can do pictures of the things made, that'll be perfect, but you are a rare example of diy!
  18. Snuck

JVC QL-?? owners thread

Welcome and congratulations for the repair! That was a nice maintenance you did.
  19. Snuck

Micro Seiki owner's club

Well, it's already nice to remember the date and price at that time, honnestly. I don't recall seeing anytonrarms at 90 degrees from the back, but that may be just me. The tonearm is the MA-505 first gen, on dq-40 as I looked out, it is the MA-505X. Micro Seiki is long gone, all parts missing...
  20. Snuck

Micro Seiki owner's club

Thanks for the pictures, that's a very rare item indeed. Some wood caring would make it look perfect. I am trying to source out some tung oil for the care of my turntables.
  21. Snuck

Best budget cartridge between $100-$300?

Yes, Nagaoka is less famous but their quality will surprise a lot.
  22. Snuck

Just got a Micro-Seiki DD-40 from an estate sale...

Turntables are a challenge toward physic : it never was ment to be top of hifi, that was reel-to-reel. Yet, efforts of brilliants minds, passions of craftmanships erected turntable to a high standard of hifi. Relentless efforts brought it to peak at each decades when vinyls were kings of...
  23. Snuck

Just got a Micro-Seiki DD-40 from an estate sale...

Congratulations for the turntable! It's a really a nice turntable, quite easily to set up and to maintain. Beside, the wood is very nice as well. They did a very good job at making it looks stylish and pretty. About cartridges, I bought a dd-7 some times ago, it slept in Japan for a long time...
  24. Snuck

JVC QL-?? owners thread

Congratulations on fixing it ! Enjoy listening! The tonearm looks good so I would say you are all set. That's the main reason the weight of headshells were limited : to avoid rubber faster wearing. Normally, those tonearms were made to go with heavy loads at the front.
  25. Snuck

Micro Seiki owner's club

Japanese sellers are very careful about what they are selling. Wait till that you get the virus! I opened my DDL-120 and contrary to anything you can read online, they are NOT related in any way to the DD-8. The control board uses differents IC, the motor looks the same and "should" work on...
Back
Top Bottom