Search results

1. judsonw

What's your latest audio purchase?

Crutchfield had a sale on Klipsch RP-8000F speakers. I had been eyeing Klipsch towers for awhile to replace my Hsu Research HB-1 (mk 1) speakers I was using with my tube amp. I am really appreciating the upgrade (old speaker stands on floor in the front because I did not take them out yet...
  2. judsonw

I decided I really wanted music in the bathroom and I already am using a raspberry pi based LMS/squeezebox system at home, so I bought a Squeezebox Radio. Took a little bit to set up and then I learned that it has connection issues with modern wi-fi systems, but a quick Google search provided a...
  3. judsonw

What tv show are you currently binging?

I live! Been absent for awhile, but am back now. Last show I watched was an anime called "Bocchi the Rock". It is silly, light, and wholesome. General story is a middle school girl named Hitori has some of the worst crippling social anxiety you can imagine, but sees an interview of a band on TV...
  4. judsonw

Started watching "Moon Knight". I really like Oscar Isaac and the previews looked interesting. Only two episodes in so far, but I am liking what they are doing with it. Also, not really binging but watching "Spy x Family" as it comes out. An anime based on a popular manga. Clever, wholesome...
  5. judsonw

What was the last movie you watched?

Watched "Soul" this weekend. It was fun and fairly light. Good music.
  6. judsonw

What tape (any format) are you playing now?

I have that same set. I love it.
  7. judsonw

Your Last Concert (or two)

Friday I went to my first concert in a few years. Dialing In, Cruel Diagonals and Blevin Blectum at the Chapel Performance Space in Seattle. Nice small venue that was kind of hard to find in the venue. Good performances all around, and well worth the drive.
  8. judsonw

Jury-rigged a mount for the quilts so they stand out from the wall to hide some cords.
  9. judsonw

Show Us Your Dinner! (Home Cooking ONLY please!)

Thanks, so far I have mostly just done chicken, duck, steak, and pork shoulder (24 for bbq pulled pork). I will have to check this recipe out.
  10. judsonw

Show Us Your Dinner! (Home Cooking ONLY please!)

It has been awhile since I made mussels. I had not though of cooking them in the sous vide. I will have to look into that.
  11. judsonw

Not directly audio, but audio related. I have a friend who makes quilts and I commissioned her to make these two 15x25 quilts. I was able to pick them up yesterday.
  12. judsonw

What tickets are in your pocket? (What's the next concert you are headed to?)

Bevin Blectum / Cruel Diagonals / Dialing In in Seattle on 4/22.
  13. judsonw

I watched "The Legend of Vox Machina" on Amazon Prime. It is based on Critical Role, an online show where a group of voice actors play Dungeons and Dragons. This is from their first campaign. They changed things a little, here and there, because they could and they needed to adapt for TV...
  14. judsonw

Let's see your cans!

Very nice, and nice color! I have AT-M70x which I enjoy quite a lot.
  15. judsonw

Not yet binging but plan on binging. The Way of the Househusband (live action). Tatsu is a former yakuza member famous for his ruthless efficiency in fighting, but he retired to get married and become a househusband. He approaches his new role with the same dedication and intensity as he did his...
  16. judsonw

SACD recommendations

I picked up these recordings of Bach's Cello Suites by Zuill Bailey. It was released by Octave Records which is PS Audio's label. It comes in two volumes, each volume has a hybrid SACD and a data disc that has the files (show in picture below). One confusing choice they made is having Volume 1...
  17. judsonw

What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

I am listening to a used CD I got few weeks ago. Richard Strauss' "Also Sprach Zarathustra" and "Don Juan" by the Berliner Philharmoniker conducted by Herbert von Karajan on the Deutsche Grammophon label. Using an Oppo BDP-83 into Schiit Modi Multibit into Schiit Valhalla 2 into Sennheiser HD600...
  18. judsonw

What are you listening to on your reel to reel right now?

I did see pics of it. I was glad I did not have to drive anywhere yesterday as there were a lot of roads closed up here from the flooding. Glad that your drive was safe and uneventful.
  19. judsonw

What are you listening to on your reel to reel right now?

Last year a friend's dad lent me his copy of Pablo Casals performing Bach's six cello suites on vinyl. For fun I put them on tape (suites 5 and 6 are on another reel): Yes, I know my handwriting is atrocious. I also did not clean the records before hand so there are various pops and hisses...
  20. judsonw

I was introduced to his work through his shorter stuff like "Sherlock Jr." which is still one of my favorites. Though "The Playhouse" is definitely up there for ingenuity of camera work.
  21. judsonw

Criterion Collection recently had a 50% off sale so I bought two things. Just watched one of them, Buster Keaton's "The Cameraman" Excellent physical comedy as expected from Buster (when he had creative control). One or two scenes did not necessarily age all that well, but enjoyable...
  22. judsonw

Goodwill/SA/Thrift Store Discussions & Finds

That is nice. I have been wanting to get into some arcade cab stuff recently.
  23. judsonw

What does everyone own for tube gear!

Hey, another AQ1003 owner! How have you been liking yours?
  24. judsonw

Your Latest Additions (LP)......

I have the Bill Evans "Sunday at the Village Vanguard" one and love that. I should get another MoFi one step at some point.
  25. judsonw

I finally got around to watching Knives Out and I really liked it. Lots of fun little bits with foreshadowing and such. Stayed up too late last night thinking about various bits of it.
Back
Top Bottom