Search results

1. Archguy

My Harbeth Saga

Thanks. I've bought items like McIntosh amplifiers from that dealer so they've done pretty well by me. I do agree with your points.
  2. Archguy

Successful Ship of a Large Speaker

How do you source those giant FedEx boxes? I don't see them on their site. I've sold my Infinity Kappas three times over to different guys in different parts of the country, except that I don't have any boxes big enough for them. So actually I haven't sold them.
  3. Archguy

Thorens Resto-Mod -- Advice Welcome

Here's the existing terminal block, which I'd like to replace with rear-panel connections. One complicating factor is that the DAS plinth is nearly an inch thick. So regular terminals won't fit without some serious work with a plunge router which 1) I don't own and 2) I wouldn't want anywhere...
  4. Archguy

Here's the new TA. I think it looks better in addition to the functional improvement. But I have questions. First of all, are there tips with respect to soldering such thin wires? And, I'd really like to mount an RCA and grounding plate on the back of the plinth like so: But I can't...
  5. Archguy

This is being constructed from two TTs, a TD-160 and TD-165. Trying to keep the best parts of each. As you can see I'm well along with the cosmetics and fortunately the working parts are (mostly) working well. Now since that photo was taken, I've sourced a new TP-16 Tonearm because I was...
  6. Archguy

Anode Mesh Pr0n

More stuff. I've been accused of using the internet as my personal filing cabinet. NP, makes it easy to find stuff.
  7. Archguy

Turntable Shipped in Extreme Heat

Oh wow that's one sweet thing. One more item for my endless list.
  8. Archguy

Anode Mesh Pr0n

Found some more fun stuff on this page. I'll link it while the linking's good! How credible is this? Somehow I'm skeptical.
  9. Archguy

Amazon is prepping a high-fidelity TIDAL competitor

One great thing I learned recently (maybe everyone else knows) is that it's much more productive to create a station from a playlist than from a song or artist. Figured it out by accident and it's definitely ramped up the programming quality here. Of course since it's looking as though I'll be...
  10. Archguy

Zu Audio Omen Dirty Weekends

Have any of you guys seen these? They look really sharp and well-made but I can't figure out what their purpose might be. The design seems too open to be for dust protection, yet too closed to permit quality sound transmission. Any ideas? Oh, also, they're expensive--they cost more than DWs...
  11. Archguy

More questions, with pictures! The first two jazz pieces I searched for came up blank, sort of. Kenny Barron's "Perfect Set" is one of my favorite albums. Not avail! Then, Ray Bryant's "Stick With It" only brings up the wrong version. Should I just buy these ?? I've searched...
  12. Archguy

Decided to try this out since Tidal wasn't floating my boat very well. The only other service I've used (before Tidal) was Pandora. I've read several pages of this thread but may well have missed if any of these issues were mentioned already, so apologies if so. Meanwhile if anyone can add...
  13. Archguy

My Harbeth Saga

I put lights everywhere. Just something I do for fun. Now that I've actually compared the two sets directly for several weeks, I have a few more observations to add. The M30.1 is a slightly more intimate-sounding speaker. The C7 is a tad sharper, but still both are overall velvety...
  14. Archguy

Got stung twice yesterday - wasps suck!

As Stalin said, quantity has a quality all its own. Archguy says: keep your windows rolled up.
  15. Archguy

Agreed. The second-gen Monzas were astonishingly attractive cars.
  16. Archguy

Even rarer: the Rampside Pickup. Definitely never saw one of these.
  17. Archguy

Greenbrier! Rare as hen's teeth. Not sure I ever saw one in the wild.
  18. Archguy

My mom always said "Quit bothering me with your problems, you little brats!"
  19. Archguy

So I bought some 60 watt incandescent light bulbs

FWIW, for my LEDs whose color I find too harsh, I simply apply adhesive transparent amber tape.
  20. Archguy

Know any sources for affordable pool chlorine tabs?

That's what I ended up doing when I had a pool. Always available, and convenient. The only tricky part was that some mfrs are reducing the chlorine content in the mix, so you have to check the fine print.
  21. Archguy

For wasp stings, try white vinegar immediately: that stops the pain. Then a poultice of wet baking soda applied to the spot for ten minutes will diminish or entirely prevent the swelling, itching etc. For some reason I went most of my life without knowing this, and it really works.
  22. Archguy

Water is heavy

And acrylic is very strong, apparently.. https://www.cnbc.com/2021/04/28/worlds-first-floating-sky-pool-to-open-in-london-in-may.html Opened today, supposedly. In London...
  23. Archguy

What are some of the nicest pairs of speakers you own?

Hmm, doesn't look too simple and definitely doesn't look too pathetic! Great stuff there! I'd like to visit some time..
  24. Archguy

Is discogs safe to buy from?

I'm zero for two buying on Discogs. But 1) that's a small sample size and 2) one of the sellers was decent about his mistake (the other couldn't care less). When you're brand-new on a site you can't really even leave NFB if you were so inclined. Makes you look troublesome and invites...
  25. Archguy

Finally found an album at GW worth buying, WTH?

The sadism is strong in this thread. Lovin it.
Back
Top Bottom