Search results

1. JRM55

Show your headphone amplifier

It might be a hard sell but headphones for the wife’s tv would solve the problem. There are some good wireless options for tv viewing. Good luck.
  2. JRM55

Schiit Bifrost, Jotunheim, and Focal Clear.
  3. JRM55

Just added a Schiit Bifrost to the mix...
  4. JRM55

What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

Great newish band from North Carolina.
  5. JRM55

One thing you sold that you regret

A pair of Klipsch Forte 2's last year for $300. In hindsight that was foolish.
  6. JRM55

Transfer vinyl collection to digital

Of course I would use Tidal HIFI...
  7. JRM55

Best sounding bluetooth headphone recommendation

I kind of regret not trying the PX before buying my Sennheiser PXC 550’s. On the plus side I did buy on eBay for only $250.
  8. JRM55

Valhala 2 by Schiit Audio via Hd600's. Nirvana
  9. JRM55

I have a pair of Sennheiser's 650 and I don't like them.

I downloaded the trial version of Audirvana and could not find the Equalizer sadly. I guess I'll stick with Sonarworks Tru-Fi.
  10. JRM55

I have the Sennheiser HD600's and drive with Schiit Valhalla 2 tube amp ($350) with excellent results. Plenty of detail, clarity and imaging.
  11. JRM55

I've just about had enough, New TV's.

I strongly recommend skipping the smart tv and using separate box (apple tv, Roku, etc.). The TV will last a long time, but the software apps on the TV will be out of date very soon. It's easy and relatively inexpensive to replace the box.
  12. JRM55

I am the same age (62) and I have some mild hearing loss. I just discovered some great software that will do custom EQ for that model and also offers age based correction for high frequency hearing loss. Of course you have to be using PC or Mac as source but it works great. They have a 10 day...
  13. JRM55

More bullshit about Bluetooth headphones

BT 4 is pretty limited in bandwidth but BT 5 not so much. There should be some interesting new models coming next year that take advantage of the new Bluetooth standard.
  14. JRM55

Looking to Upgrade My Headphones

I love my HD 600's. These cans sound better and better with each amp upgrade. Currently driving with Schiit Valhalla 2 and The Element DAC.
  15. JRM55

More bullshit about Bluetooth headphones

I recently purchased a pair of Sennheiser PXC 550's for $250 on Ebay (list price $399). I was surprised at the sound quality. Of course they can't match the sound of my HD 600's with a good dac/amp but the convenience trade off is well worth it for more casual listening.
  16. JRM55

Who's listening with headphones tonight? To what?

John Mayall, Wake Up Call. Schiit Valhalla 2, Sennheiser HD600.
  17. JRM55

What are you listening to right now and on what speakers

Listening on Martin Logan Motion 60's and it sounds great!
  18. JRM55

I ordered the Sennheiser PXC 500 from Ebay for $249 (open box). They don't have AAC for iPhone but I thought at that price I would give them a try. I can sell easily if I don't like.
  19. JRM55

Thanks for the info Transmaster. I will check them out.
  20. JRM55

Hello from Georgia!

Welcome my friend.
  21. JRM55

Thanks for the info. Noise cancellation is not a big factor for me. I use iPhone so aptx is not an option. I don't think Sennheiser supports AAC which is iPhone codec. I generally like Sennheiser and use HD600 as my main headphone.
  22. JRM55

It is so hard these days to demo headphones of this type. I wonder if anybody can recommend the very best sounding headphones for mobile use. Noise cancellation is nice if it does not screw up sound or if it can be toggled off. So far considering Sony wh-1000xm2 and Bowers and Wilkins PX but...
  23. JRM55

What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

Just discovered Robyn. Clever new album.
Back
Top Bottom