Search results

1. xbart

Anyone doing 4 channel playback these days? Found this cart today.

I was wondering if anyone is doing 4 channel playback these days? I found this JVC 4MD-10x today at a garage sale.
  2. xbart

anyone else running vintage Empire carts?

Found this Empire 108 yesterday, sounds nice!
  3. xbart

Cart haul

The two red/black ones are the model 220 and I'm not sure about the black/gold one.
  4. xbart

Cart haul

Got a bunch of carts yesterday. A few nicer ones like the Empire, Grado Labs and some budget carts. There is a blister pack of 3 Pickering carts, I know the V-15 and seen a few variations. But not these, they are labeled V-15 HS / AT2, anyone have any info on them? The Shure and Pickering look...
  5. xbart

Interesting early Teac

I don't know the history of this and don't know that it hasn't been used. Someone did label some instructions on the front. The case, flywheels mounted to the case and the extra parts bag are what made me think it unused. I doubt it has much valve, especially given the missing amps and my reel...
  6. xbart

Interesting early Teac

I picked up this Teac TD 132 transport last weekend at a Estate sale ( it was the last day and it was given to me ). Looks unused on the insides and maybe still in the original crate from Japan? Almost no info on it that I can find and don't even know what amps would have gone with it...
  7. xbart

Does anyone recognize this transformer?

Tom, I don't plan to use this, maybe offer it up to someone that could. I went ahead and measured resistance. When I have time I'll see about other testing. Taps 1/2 = 900 Ohms, Taps 3/4 = 32 Ohms, Taps 5/6 = 137 Ohms and Taps 7/8 = 137 Ohms. -Brad
  8. xbart

I didn't think of that possibility, all of the mic transformers I have come across were smaller and round. There even a few at the sale that I picked up that were marked and ID'd. -Brad
  9. xbart

No markings on it at all, was brand new packed in original sealed plastic. I'm guessing it is a output transformer, small at about 3"x3"x2" This was from an estate sale with quite a few tube goodies. Looks Asian maybe Tamura? I know it is not a lot to go by, any ideas? -Brad
  10. xbart

Weekly Estate and Garage sale finds (pics)

I found some nice tubes today at a local estate sale.
  11. xbart

B&K ST 202 - Review, and How Many Variations?

Mine has 3 pairs per side or 12 total
  12. xbart

Ashland OR Martin-Logan Audio Research Esoteric B&K Rega JVC Sherwood

If I had a bigger house and deeper pockets. They are very nice looking and $1,000 doesn't buy much these days, so probably a good deal.
  13. xbart

They had a best offer on that preamp and it had 3 offers in the first 15 min of the sale on Friday and if remember correctly the highest bid was $1,400 when I saw it.
  14. xbart

Pretty sure they are JBL MINIGON - a nice clean set and had $1000 asking price. They are downstairs and not with the other audio gear. ( they were still there yesterday morning )
  15. xbart

Help with weak bias current

No dim bulb, just brought it up slowly on a variac while measuring current draw and DC offset. Here is the procedure I followed.
  16. xbart

Sorry, It is a B&K ST202. I'm guessing it was a very late version.
  17. xbart

I have a solid state amp that I got from the recycler awhile ago and now going through it. I'm stuck trying to set the bias. I can only get 50 mA and instructions call for 200 mA. It is exactly the same on both channels and I'm looking for suggestions on where to look. This amp has 3 pairs of...
  18. xbart

B&K ST 202 - Review, and How Many Variations?

I have a version that doesn't match any that I've come across on the internet. It has the heat sinks on the sides instead of the back? It has a bronze/gold face plate and no rack handles. It looks a lot like the ST 2020 I've seen pictures of.
  19. xbart

New Old REK

Ok, I'm done with the #000 steel wool and have them polished. I'm a bit surprised that I don't see any obvious scoring in the bronze bearing. It will be a few days before the bearings get cleaned and re-oiled, I'll report back then and thanks for all the help. -Brad
  20. xbart

New Old REK

I'll have several days to do some overall cleaning while the bearings are soaking.
  21. xbart

New Old REK

Looking at a close up after some steel wool and fine grit sandpaper, it looks like there is some pitting. Is there a concern of over doing this and removing metal? Do I continue or just polish it as is? I can feel it with my fingernail, just slightly. I didn't notice any scoring in the bearing...
  22. xbart

New Old REK

Thanks Andy! After disassembly I see that the top of the motor shaft is not smooth with a build up of crud. Can I use 000 steel wool to clean this? I'll work on cleaning and re-oiling the bearings as mentioned previously. -Brad
  23. xbart

New Old REK

I started to dissemble the motor and I'm assuming the stepped motor spindle needs to come off to service the motor. Is that spindle just pressed on, what is the best way to pull it off.
  24. xbart

New Old REK

I have the plinth laminated now. Next step is working on the motor, how much noise should the motor produce when running but not contacting the idler wheel? Should it be audible from 1-2 feet away? Once the motor is sorted out I'm work on the veneer sides and top. -Brad
  25. xbart

New Old REK

I'm making a plinth out of some ply I had on hand, how much room around the motor should I leave for cooling? Also should I leave the bottom open to help with cooling or enclose the bottom to help with motor noise? Here is where I'm at with a couple layers to add before I glue it up. As of now...
Back
Top Bottom