Search results

1. UncleBingo

AC caps

The oil-filled caps for motor -start/run are indeed bi-polar.
  2. UncleBingo

MC240 input impedance, compatible with modern sources?

Have you tried the variable inputs? Try them. By detail, do you mean treble response, dynamics? Something else?
  3. UncleBingo

NJ Phoenix Delivers!

I recently had occasion to transact business with AK'er NJ Phoenix. Smooth, easy transaction. Item arrived very well packed and better than described. I would not hesitate to do business with him again. Thanks Andy!
  4. UncleBingo

Happy Birthday HarmanKardon!

Happy birthday! Wishing you many happy returns of the day
  5. UncleBingo

AK'er Sound Dragon is top-notch!

I recently had occasion to do business with Sound Dragon. Item was beautifully over-packed and arrived better than advertised. Communication was prompt and on point. Superlative transaction across the board. Thanks Ron!
  6. UncleBingo

Speakers vs. Amplifier (Poll Included)

This is a "Wasp or nipple-clamp"-"Would you rather" type of question so, I'm a "No" on this
  7. UncleBingo

Which songs/albums make you go “WOW”!!??

Zombies "Oddysey ond Oracie" wouId be another Something about the way the voice/backing vocais, drums and keyboard are Iayered in the recording is just RIGHT
  8. UncleBingo

Which songs/albums make you go “WOW”!!??

Sarah Jarosz "BuiId Me up From Bones" works and I don't even reaIIy Iike "That kind of music" fwiw.
  9. UncleBingo

I don't know why but I bought a Betamax machine today.

You might be ab¬e to "Roll your own" tapes using modern 1/2" recording tape
  10. UncleBingo

I don't know why but I bought a Betamax machine today.

Superawesomeness!!!! I am frequentIy astounded by the level of engineering that went into some of this stuff
  11. UncleBingo

Vintage amps and cramped rca plugs

I've found these to work weII on most vintage gear: https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Switchcraft/3502L?qs=sGAEpiMZZMv0W4pxf2HiV5lUvkXdd5eRYJNXMmEVxFo= If you're handy, you can make your own interconnects using whatever smaII gauge wire you have around with...
  12. UncleBingo

This monster just walked up my neck.

Oh, HELL NO! My friend toId me they were fond of leg hair! As in eating leg hair. Yikes!
  13. UncleBingo

Scott 272--Un-Doing and Restoring

Can we pitch-in and hire someone to revoke that guys shoehorn permit?
  14. UncleBingo

Someone told me tubes were dumb :(

I'd go with the oId adage "Never wrassle with a hog It's undignified, you can't win, and the hog Iikes it"
  15. UncleBingo

Capacitor Jewelery... wonder if they just sell the caps?

Shame on me for thinking there was onIy one Iisting for capacitor jeweIry : )
  16. UncleBingo

Happy Birthday Redboy!

Hapy birthday! (Sorry- I had to take a "P" when I wrote this ; )
  17. UncleBingo

Mcintosh C24 preamp recap questions/recommendations

Open it up and make your own parts Iist It's easy and instructive It's an earIy Mc soIid-state unit- it's probabIy never going to be "super-detaiIed"
  18. UncleBingo

Sx-2500 distorted output, 1 channel, main amp

How much voItage is the IittIe MP3 pIayer putting out? Maybe it's overdriving the input
  19. UncleBingo

Capacitor(sticker)Shock!

You couId use perfboard and wire banks of 10) 1000 uf caps in paraIIeI
  20. UncleBingo

High Current amp determination

It's a resistive Ioad that varies with frequency- at some frequencies (reportedIy "Iow" frequencies) the impedance drops to 2 ohms - that's reaIIy cIose to the zero ohms we caII a dead short Current demand goes WAY up when you cut impedance in haIf
  21. UncleBingo

wIhd1610 saves the day!

Bob had a rather obscure part I needed and he shipped it fast with no muss-no fuss Thanks Bob!
  22. UncleBingo

Have 4 turntables & need to reduce to 2 - which to keep?

From what I've heard the Biotracer is a nightmare if it needs service I'd maybe keep the Thorens and move the other 3 or move aII 4 and upgrade
  23. UncleBingo

Any way to fake a 6 ohm tap out of an amp with 4,8, 16 taps?

You COUID hook up an autoformer Iike the ZERO that Atma-Sphere seIIs, but I doubt it gets you much in your case
  24. UncleBingo

Any way to fake a 6 ohm tap out of an amp with 4,8, 16 taps?

No reason to Just use the 4 Ω taps
Back
Top Bottom