Search results

1. opusarlo

anyone own a Snell Type B ?

I own the big Snells, and I have not auditioned any speakers since I got them because they are that amazing. I had them bi-amped with 2 mac amps when I first heard them in my listening area. It was a spiritual experience. Than I tried the Kora amp. Well, I subsequently sold both Mac amps...
  2. opusarlo

Modern Tube Preamp

The system I build around the Kora will be a minimalist set-up that functions with today's technology. There will only be a preamp and the Kora. In a perfect world, the preamp would have a DAC on board and support digital connectivity. It feels dirty to me to pair SS with tubes, so the preamp...
  3. opusarlo

Modern Tube Preamp

I recently purchased a Kora Galaxy tube amplifier. It is a modern piece, and I want to pair it with a more modern preamp. I have been looking for about a week now, and most tube preamps I see are either vintage or Chinese. Does anyone have any experience with a more modern preamp other than...
  4. opusarlo

Shhhh...Just listen to music...all the time.

Shhhh...Just listen to music...all the time.
  5. opusarlo

Kora Galaxy

Does anyone have enough experience with the Kora Galaxy to know what speakers pair well with it? I have some Cornwalls, but I am curious if there may be something better. This will be playing oldies and adult rock primarily...at low to mid volumes.
  6. opusarlo

question on Bi-amping through miniDSP

QUOTE="mkane, post: 12036135, member: 175043"]Your doing fine but I would remove all passive filters I love the sound of my Snells, and I am not keen on altering the hi-pass point for the mids and highs. How would I find out what the original X-over point was so I can match it?
  7. opusarlo

question on Bi-amping through miniDSP

MiniDSP setup: Inputs: 1 = Left from C28 2 = Right from C28 Outputs: 1 = Left to MC 2100 2 = Right to MC 2100 3 = Left to MC 2155 4 = Right to MC 2155 MC 2100 will feed the mids and highs in my Snell B speakers MC 2155 will feed the woofers in my Snell B speakers question 1: Do I need to...
  8. opusarlo

What just happened?

I have no other system to play the tune one, however, I have played the same YouTube video on dozens of systems so I know that note is not normally so deflated. I know I turned down the Behringer, but I did that because the bass is so much more extreme. I think that even though I turned it...
  9. opusarlo

What just happened?

I feel the "pfft" came from the subs and not the Snells.
  10. opusarlo

What just happened?

I will look for this CD and order it straight way. Fantastic idea, Thanks.
  11. opusarlo

What just happened?

Bam!!! precisely what I think.
  12. opusarlo

What just happened?

likely repeatable until I complete the electricity overhaul. Source was Sonos.
  13. opusarlo

What just happened?

I feel it is something far more simple than the solutions offered...I have not yet complete my electricity overhaul and was running everything on the same 15 amp service. Just the Behringer can draw 20 amps at full volume, McIntosh amps can draw 13 amps, and likely a few more amps for the other...
  14. opusarlo

I am finally done with my listening room and system!!!

Completely worth the look...take your time...don't fall for the bullshit sell like I did. I opened mine at home and saw hot glue on the board...I knew I was in for an expensive overhaul at that point. Now that it is done, it is simply amazing.
  15. opusarlo

What just happened?

I just played Widor's 6th and Saint Seans 3rd in their entirety. I was so impressed with the bass headroom, I decided to see how much headroom was there. I loaded up "BassI love you" and started playing it. It was great at first - I had turned the volume waaaay down. Then, about 20 seconds...
  16. opusarlo

That was a setup...the record was an old scratched one that I got in an auction lot, I think. I just put the cover there to ruffle feathers.
  17. opusarlo

The person in the picture is my son. I am near to 50 years old. Although I do play this system very loud, most of the volume comes from the subs reproducing 80 Hz and down. That is a world different than the overwhelming majority of systems whose mids and highs take lead over the bass. It...
  18. opusarlo

Sony dvp s9000 ES does not like Michael Murray

Why will this disc not play on the 9000es?
  19. opusarlo

I did make those shelves. They are constructed of 2x4 boards sandwiched between 2 sheet of plywood. I then painted them black with interior latex paint. Then I mix up some epoxy and glitter and coated them. To look at them up close, you might think they are pieces of Black Galaxy granite...
  20. opusarlo

Last night, I was all done with my system as I reclined with my Johnny Walker Red and some Saint Seans. This morning, I have already sent my local stereo guy a message that I want to purchase his Teac 3340S, and start mastering some LP's. I also believe I will be asking to take my Cornwalls...
  21. opusarlo

Door baffle installed

I took your suggestion to heart, but I used a pool noodle instead. It was closed cell foam and much thicker even when the bottom of the door rests in the groove of the cut pool noodle. I do not have it in place for pics because it looks a bit derpy. When my electrician finishes installing new...
  22. opusarlo

Door baffle installed

the music I can hear is full and large. The music I can feel is haunting and completes the sound of the pipe organ music I listen to. It is an ethereal experience. People talk about head room in relation to music, but I feel the majority of that head room relates to mids and highs. Maybe...
  23. opusarlo

More people need to know how amazing HiFi is...I am so happy I jumped in, and thank you for your support along the way.
  24. opusarlo

You should hear them...it is a seismic experience.
  25. opusarlo

God bless...I could not agree more.
Back
Top Bottom