Search results

1. cason

AK Enablers

First off, “It’s a hobby.” There’s no wrong way to do it. At one point in my life I was where you are, but now at 75, I’m down to two and a half systems. Can’t decide whether to make that two or three. As long as you are having fun, all is good.
  2. cason

Vintage gear vs. new gear (redux)

I can only take about 1 minute of Kelvin’s videos, then I have to quit.
  3. cason

Got me a new turntable today

I have the KAB fluid damper on my SL1200 mkii. I consider it essential if you ever think you might want to run a Grado cartridge.
  4. cason

Paul McCartney's missing '61 Hofner bass has been found

The rest of the story? Inquiring minds want to know.
  5. cason

New vs Old in the real world (speaker edition)

None of the above. Wait for one of JBLs unannounced, short duration sales and pick up a pair of Studio 590s for $399. each:D
  6. cason

New vs Old......I'm sold

I made a partial switch late last year because at age 75 I can’t (or am not inclined) to take care of and service vintage gear the way most of it demands. My original thinking was I would buy one new system, keep one vintage “nostalgia” system and downsize by selling all the rest. That has only...
  7. cason

Simple, but fairly elegant equipment rack

The devil is in the details. IMHO that small (?) change made a major difference in the finished appearance. Really nice rack.
  8. cason

Need upgrade recommendations

If the tweeters are working, refoam the woofers (or have them refoamed) and you are good to go. Snells are nice speakers and will mate well with the HK385i.
  9. cason

New Diy system stand

Excellent!
  10. cason

What's the deal with these Chinese speakers on Amazon?

The first speakers in the OP look suspiciously like a knock-offs of Sony ss cpx 22 speakers.
  11. cason

Yet another above the garage space.

That’s looking very nice. Area rug/ carpet will be a high priority. Do you really want/need your speakers backed up into the corners? The record cabinet is great.
  12. cason

Happy New Year and Many Thanks!

To the AK family, happy new year and best wishes for a happy, healthy and in all ways a blessed 2024!
  13. cason

A New Pet Peeve

Those collagen injected lips didn’t look good on them either.
  14. cason

Vinyl record shops report surge in burglaries, shoplifting

I understand she was taking a stand. Most of us have a line, although we may not know exactly where it is. Break into my house at night, and you’re dead right there—no discussion. But for stuff…I’m not sure.
  15. cason

Yes, she’s alive. But she put herself in harms way by blocking the door. Just wonder if she’d do it again?
  16. cason

Yeah. I play the cowboy too sometimes — kill ‘em all and let God sort it out. But the truth is I would be very troubled if I had done what she did.
  17. cason

For clarity, I didn’t mean “how is she able to sleep,” rather how well does she sleep knowing she took a person’s life for probably less than $50 worth of merchandise.
  18. cason

How does she sleep at night?
  19. cason

Barter town

With barter town, it’s almost like selling to a family member.
  20. cason

I didn’t realize there are rules to this game. Guess I’d better stop and read them before continuing. :deal:
  21. cason

December 7 Remembrance Day

I think it’s not that they don’t remember, they never learned the history.
  22. cason

Got me a new turntable today

:banana::rockon::thumbsup::music:
  23. cason

My New Sound Burger...

I believe it’s time to rebel against swmbo:whip:
  24. cason

December 7 Remembrance Day

Lest we forget the sacrifices of our fathers, grandfathers, aunts, uncles and other assorted forebears, “December 7, 1941 — a date which will live in infamy…” Franklin D. Roosevelt’s speech to the nation following the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor. And so we truly entered into World War Two.
Back
Top Bottom