Search results

1. ClpshHrn

Curious if Reel to Reel is feasible

I’m part of the eye candy crowd you could say. I’m simply interested in it as a piece of equipment that sits there and completes my arsenal of gear.
  2. ClpshHrn

Life got in the way, apologizes.
  3. ClpshHrn

I've wanted to get a Reel to Reel as like that last piece of equipment to add to the collection. I want it to have it; not use it. Is a Reel to Reel something I can further invest in music library wise?
  4. ClpshHrn

Need New Turntable $1500 limit

You seem to enjoy the Marantz. Is the power button on the motor really that much of a nuisance? I was looking at the Schiit Sol, but it seems to be more of a beast to properly tune so I’m not eager on that front.
  5. ClpshHrn

I was looking at VPI but they seem to be overpriced. I also haven’t heard great things about them so I was looking elsewhere mainly at the Marantz 15s1. That seems to be the best option so far.
  6. ClpshHrn

Would you care to elaborate and give your opinion on what would be a good used option in that price range? For used I just don't want something that's going to break down in 5 years and become a pit. I'm open to being convinced to buy used.
  7. ClpshHrn

Thanks for the honest opinion. I don't have a turntable so I unfortunately don't have the ability to invest my budget into only a cartridge. Could you elaborate why the Marantz doesn't do it for you? Thanks
  8. ClpshHrn

Hey all. I'm currently in the business of acquiring a new turntable. I have a $1500 limit, but can stretch for a little more if the deal is too good to pass up. I would like something new instead of used. As far as cartridges are concerned I could go with a TT that doesn't come with one since I...
  9. ClpshHrn

CF-4 vs Heritage

I know exactly where you're coming from. I have some klf 20s I have upgraded with what you said except the ciare woofers. They have honestly spoiled me because I can't seem to find anything that would serve as a suitable replacement. The klf line is a sleeper line when given a little love.
  10. ClpshHrn

Cerwin Vega D8 Tweeter

I bought these off a guy who got them from some older women trying to get rid of stuff. I don't have the original tweeter. The crossovers need to be completely redone, but I'm not doing that until I can find a matching tweeter.
  11. ClpshHrn

Cerwin Vega D8 Tweeter

Hi everyone. I have spent a long time looking for a very specific CV Tweeter. I'm sure enough people know about the Cerwin Vega D series. Some of us may even know about how the D9 had a different high power magnet structure. I have a pair of CV D8s and one of the tweeters is out. Not many seem...
  12. ClpshHrn

How big is your biggest Receiver? (watts)

Biggest would have to be my JVC RX-903V. It has two main outputs at 150 watts so I used to take advantage of the bi terminals on my speakers and deliver 300 watts. There also doesn't seem to be any information on this receiver out there so maybe it's something special, who knows.
  13. ClpshHrn

Cerwin Vega D8 & D8-E Specifications

I decided to go the extra mile and track down the crossovers schematics. Here you go:
  14. ClpshHrn

Need Crossover Advice - Same Crossover for Different Speakers?

Pardon my ignorance but seeing the inductors I naturally assumed they were inferior because they look to 28-30 gauge. They're CVs so I'm just assuming that any replacement of capacitors would be an upgrade. Money isn't an issue.
  15. ClpshHrn

For those who would like a look, this is a crossover from one of the D8s. I want to replace the inductors as well since they look very subpar, but they don't show their ratings.
  16. ClpshHrn

You mentioned the crossover could raise the impedance of the speaker from the amps point of view. While I recap would it be possible to add something that would raise the D8 from 4 to 8 ohms? I would rather it be 8 ohms since that would make it easier to drive.
  17. ClpshHrn

Cerwin Vega D8 & D8-E Specifications

These specs are nearly impossible to find online so I figured I would contact Gibson. They had the spec sheet and this is what they sent me. Information is really hard to come by for this model so I figured I would post this and help anybody out in the future if they happen to own or need...
  18. ClpshHrn

Thanks, but I'm confused. The D9 uses two of the CM6 midrange drivers. The D8 uses the FM6 driver so the drivers are different. Here's where it gets interesting. Each of those types of drivers is rated for 8 ohms, but instead of the CM6 drivers being run in series they are in parallel which...
  19. ClpshHrn

It's so much that the original caps are the bad it because of the lack of caps. For instance, the woofer doesn't have any caps or an inductor. I can't replace values that aren't there. Would there be any problem with copying the schematic of the D9s?
  20. ClpshHrn

I was planning on doing that, but the crossover components for the D8s are terrible. I'm just skeptical of the quality since they're pretty disappointing to look at.
  21. ClpshHrn

Here is my predicament, I own a pair of Cerwin Vega D9s and D8s. The D9s were a fairly popular speaker and it wasn't hard finding the crossover schematic for them. I decided to replace the capacitors on the D9s due to their age. I am now done and I would like to replace the capacitors for the...
  22. ClpshHrn

Cerwin Vega D-4 question

Unless you've already sold those D-4s of yours, keep them. The D-4, D-6, and D-8 are the unicorns of the D series. Information on them is crazy hard to find. From what I know the were made in Europe and sold in Europe . The only way to get a pair was for someone to ship it to the states. I could...
  23. ClpshHrn

Cerwin Vega D7 vs D8?

If there is any other information on the D-8 you know I would greatly appreciate it including people trying to find information in the future.
  24. ClpshHrn

Cerwin Vega D7 vs D8?

$400 or best offer, so I'm willing to take a look at them.
  25. ClpshHrn

Cerwin Vega D7 vs D8?

I would pick up the d-7s but they're $400 and don't have the original woofers so that's a bit of a bust. Opting for the d-8s considering they're big and rare.
Back
Top Bottom