Search results

1. Dr_Wu

ECONOMY turntable recommendation

Here's another vote for the AT LP-3
  2. Dr_Wu

Remembering 1972- post something please

In college. Still remember watching the draft lottery in the student center - fortunate to get a high number. Transferred to my girlfriend's college - got dumped soon after. First rock concert: ELP.
  3. Dr_Wu

Any Glass Harp Fans Around?

Look for the Synergy album
  4. Dr_Wu

The Wharfedale Evo 4.2 my new reference!

Yes, indeed! I've got them powered by a Parasound A21 Halo amp, and NAD C165BEE preamp. Until this weekend, the speakers were on carpet over concrete, but being an apartment, I was not comfortable piercing the carpet to couple the built-in spikes to the floor. I placed the speakers on a stone...
  5. Dr_Wu

What Brand Audio Cables Are You Using??

Wireworld Silver Eclipse speakers, DAC/pre IC, streamer/pre IC Wireworld Starlight Silver CD/DAC coax High Fidelity Cables Reveal pre/amp IC NRG Custom The Five power
  6. Dr_Wu

Z ⇢ A Words That End in a Vowel

Quizzically
  7. Dr_Wu

onomatopoeia
  8. Dr_Wu

xylophone
  9. Dr_Wu

Escarole
  10. Dr_Wu

Illuminati
  11. Dr_Wu

Sorry, didn't understand the shorthand rule. :oops: Legionnaire
  12. Dr_Wu

braggadocio
  13. Dr_Wu

CraigVMN, what you have described is precisely why they've replaced my vintage Polk SDAs. I've been looking for speakers with this presentation, but with added detail and clarity. These tick all the boxes for me.
  14. Dr_Wu

Songs with a person's name in title

"Andy Warhol" - David Bowie
  15. Dr_Wu

Your List of the Greatest Live Albums of All-Time

More: Joni Mitchell, "Miles of Aisles"; Three Dog Night, "Live at the Forum"; Led Zeppelin, "How the West Was Won"; Simon and Garfunkel, "The Concert in Central Park"; Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young, "4 Way Street"; Steely Dan, et al., "The New York Rock and Soul Revue: Live at the Beacon"; Sting...
  16. Dr_Wu

The 4.3s have spikes factory installed on a plinth that is integral to the tower (and comprises the bottom of the slotted bass port). Wouldn't worry too much about tipping - they weight about 50 lbs. each and feel very stable.
  17. Dr_Wu

I was somewhat concerned about this, though my listening position is a low-style chair and ottoman, putting my ears level with the ribbons. I briefly considered putting the speakers on some sort of base (wood, stone, ?). Still might do that just to see how it affects SQ.
  18. Dr_Wu

Very nice. I turned my sub off. That additional midwoofer in a small form tower is genius. When you factor in the cost of quality stands that you won't need, the extra cost for the 4.3 seems like a bargain.
  19. Dr_Wu

Surprised at how they've paired with your amp, but then again, I really know nothing about tube world. Just wanted to say that a brilliant top end was the first thing I noticed with the EVOs connected to a Parasound A21, using WireWorld Silver Eclipse speaker, and HFC Reveal ICs. Streamer and CD...
  20. Dr_Wu

Want to try, can't afford to buy...

To the OP, no affiliation here, but have you considered that mostly online audio retailer in Virginia? The 60 day return and flat rate shipping has allowed me to audition many speakers on my rig and in my room.
  21. Dr_Wu

eyewanders, I nearly ordered the 4.2s, but fortunately (in retrospect), they were out of stock until recently. In the meantime, I bumped up to the EVO 4.3, a small form floorstander. I think they have what you're missing in the bookies. The double midwoofer array delivers very nicely on the low...
  22. Dr_Wu

Vinyl cleaning

If you are going to clean hundreds of albums, may I suggest a record cleaning machine. Having hand cleaned 500 or so, I wish I'd just bitten the bullet. http://trueaudiophile.com/okki-nokki-record-cleaner-mkii-new-internal-design-incredible-value/
  23. Dr_Wu

Greetings from Macedonia, OH

Welcome from Shaker! You might also like The Vinyl Groove in Bedford -- they also repair and sell audio gear. Enjoy!
  24. Dr_Wu

Need a new reading/listening chair

I like them low-backed also. Check out the Prairie style arts and crafts (Stickley style) chairs.
Back
Top Bottom