Search results

1. L

I this subwoofer positioning bad?

The sub crawl is a good start. It will identify several spots that have (better) bass. After finding those spots, I’ve found it better to measure them with REW. It will graphically show you what you are hearing and allow a better understanding of the next steps you need to take.
  2. L

Sometimes things pan out, an audio journey

Holy sh*t! Congrats!!
  3. L

Diagnosis: House Cancer - DIY Surgery Thread

Thats really quite the “little project”. Glad you are almost through it... looks great!
  4. L

Apogee Scintilla Score!

Sweet! Congratulations!
  5. L

Speaker Level To Line Level Conversion

The same one I use. No problems
  6. L

Could be a daft question

I would add that regardless of the tube type, in a headphone amp, a low noise example is crucial.
  7. L

Most Soulless Car you've Driven

Late nineties Oldsmobile “Gutless” Ciera. A true POS that shed interior parts almost as often as you drove it. It had the ergonomics of a pioneer’s wagon and the power of a Yugo. If it actually shifted properly, you would immediately buy a lottery ticket
  8. L

Matching Amp to speakers..

I think going to a decent 100 or 150 watt amp will give you more headroom at the volumes you like. That would increase the clarity which can tend to make it sound louder in itself. Additionally, it may also control the speakers better at higher volume.
  9. L

Member Birchoak has Passed

RIP Birchoak
  10. L

Speaker Level To Line Level Conversion

I use the ones for car audio. They work perfectly well.
  11. L

See if you agree.....

I’ve used music, inescapably loud music(but good sounding of course), for decades as a “therapy”. That and exercise are the only things that reliably shut off the slew of random thoughts that pervade an average day, so that I can actually think.
  12. L

Here I go, finally confronting the Altec itch...

No no... Everyone in my supply chain is without sufficient labor and all of my subs are in the same boat. It seems to be pervasive in most manpower related industries right now. It’s made scheduling somewhat comical, and more so, useless.
  13. L

Here I go, finally confronting the Altec itch...

No one has a labor force. The work they had is already behind... ask me how I know
  14. L

Multiday bike trip on rail to trail

I biked across the country...well from VA to Florida then to California. My advice is be open to "trail magic". People seem to get caught up in their itinerary and miss the trip. Also, if you plan on not being near a resupply, PB and honey is the go to, easy to carry and provides solid energy...
  15. L

Speaker placement?

If it were me, I would hang (heavy) curtains on that opening and do the same on the opposite side over the window. You could get creative, but the point is to equalize the the L/R reflections as much as possible. Its not going to be perfect, but it should make for a noticeable difference
  16. L

Speaker placement?

That corridor could be problematic
  17. L

Show your Bicycle !

My mountain bike
  18. L

Built my first acoustic panel and asking about placement

Absorption. Its too close to your head for most of the popular diffusers to work properly
  19. L

It's snowing today . May 9th , 2021

Our average last frost date is May 23rd. Frost last night, snow two days ago. We’ll see how it goes
  20. L

Bicycle Restorations, Builds and ...

My buddy is an incredible bike handler, I can imagine he picked up much of it in the velodrome. I’ve marveled many times at his ability to respond to obstacles in the blink of an eye. I once watched him table top a car that pulled out in front of us. It was surreal
  21. L

That was him for sure, a pro.He was a velodrome racer. He still is an absolute beast, and no, I don’t ride with him any more since I stopped racing. It was demoralizing then, I couldn’t imagine it now!
  22. L

DIY Acoustic Diffuser, or "Professionally" built?

Challenging for sure
  23. L

I bet! I haven’t seen tubulars in years. I used to ride with a buddy that loved them. He relentlessly tried to convert me. I just couldn’t see the allure over clinchers, especially after one of his rolled off on one our more spirited rides.
Back
Top Bottom