Search results

1. garmadon

Mono Blocks.. pic’s thread. Let’s see them

Yes, both of them work fine. The needles start moving when volume at 2 o'clock.
  2. garmadon

AK is 19 years old, so we're having a raffle.

Sept 20, 2018
  3. garmadon

Mono Blocks.. pic’s thread. Let’s see them

Akai M8 in the home made cases.
  4. garmadon

Model 19 Cap List

Looks like the images are gone, could you upload them again, please?
  5. garmadon

MC60 Hum

Thanks alot for your help, Tuberadios69. I bought the CE caps from tubesandmore.com and replaced all the can caps. I also changed the series resistor (it was 4.7K one) to 5.1K as Terry recommended, and I got the bias -45V right on the spot. All the hum gone, the amps now dead quiet. :banana:
  6. garmadon

MC60 Hum

Thanks for helping. I'll contact those seller and get those caps replaced.
  7. garmadon

MC60 Hum

Thanks for your info. I dont see any thing for the date code, all I found is FP247 677-8740, and they are 2-section caps 100uF and 40uF 450VDC. By looking at the inside, do you happens to know what version the amps and where I can get the right schematics?
  8. garmadon

MC60 Hum

Yes, I did tried with another 12ax7, but no luck. Here're the photos of one amp, the other amp look identical.
  9. garmadon

MC60 Hum

I changed rca cable to a good Bluejean cables, and connected common and ground ports, but still they still humming. :(
  10. garmadon

MC60 Hum

I recently bought a pair of MC60. The seller said they were re-cap and checked in specs. However, when connected to my 92dB speakers, there's noticeable humming from 8 feet away. Power tubes are new Tung-Sol. I search in the forum and I have been tried the suggestions I found: 1 - Adjust hum...
  11. garmadon

JBL 4343

I would take them at that price if I were you.
  12. garmadon

Unmatched speakers in a stereo setup

I understand that getting a nother one to have a matched pair is the best, and still looking for one. In the mean time, I'm exploring all the possibles :) I hooked up, listened to them last evening and you guys are right, I could not get a good soundstage as I expected. I may grab a DSP to see...
  13. garmadon

Thanks, Twiiii. Great idea of getting a room equalizer. Beside Lyngdorf, do you have any other recommendation? Something that doest cost an arm and a leg :)
  14. garmadon

I recently acquired 2 Tannoy speakers, but unfortunately, the drivers in the boxes are not the same. Although they are both 15" dual concentric but have different impedance, one is 8 ohm (Gold), the other is 15 ohm (Red). The crossovers are also unmatched. The question is should I use them as a...
  15. garmadon

Model 19 - right channel weak, speaker relay?

That makes sense. Thank you for your explanation. I don't think I have enough knowledge and skills to work on it. Will look for a technician to have it repaired.
  16. garmadon

Model 19 - right channel weak, speaker relay?

Hi all, Yesterday I applied DeOxit on all the pots of my model 19 receiver. I let it sit for 24 hours, make sure all the DeOxit dry off. However, when I turned it on today, the right channel became very weak. The left channel still working as expected. I opened the cover and looked at the...
  17. garmadon

Marantz 19 stereo indicator lamp

Awesome. I found these sellers on the bay. Thanks millions :)
  18. garmadon

Thank you! I've just PM-ed him. Hope he could help me out.
  19. garmadon

Hi everyone, I'm looking for the stereo indicator lamp replacement for my model 19. According to the service manual, it's GE#2187. Stereo Indicator Lamp Marantz #340-1011 Lamp only - GE#2187 Does anyone know where I can buy it? I searched on the net but got no luck. Thank you!
  20. garmadon

How about we all share what we are using to power our Klipsch Loudspeakers

I've been using Dynaco ST70, Marantz 2270, Fisher 500C, Mcintosh 240, Welborne Labs DRD 45, Cary CAD-45SE to drive the original 1989 Klipschorns and Volti-Klipschorns. 2270 is my least favorite once. I haven't try any other solid state amps, but I guessed Klipsch works better with tubes. My...
  21. garmadon

If u were building a KHorn ground up?

This is the link: http://www.klipschupgrades.com/khornupgrades3.shtml IMHO, it's a bit expensive, but worth every penny.
  22. garmadon

If u were building a KHorn ground up?

I went with Volti upgrades package and I've never looked back.
  23. garmadon

I’m 20. This is my system. Any thoughts?

Nice setup, I like your Kenwood, I used to have the same pair before. But when I was 20, I only had a Sony Walkman cassettes player, nothing serious like your. Enjoy :)
Back
Top Bottom