Search results

1. T68

Is a Zerostat working if it doesn't make any noise?

Mine don't click. It makes a nasty "door on old hinges"-noise all the way when I press or release the trigger.
  2. T68

Thanks, I'll try this! 8 years old thread!? Didn't notice that either :-).
  3. T68

My white zerostat suddenly started making a squeeking noise both on the pull and release movement. No click any more when i squeeze fast. Is it broken now?! Fixable?
  4. T68

What Record Are You Hearing Now?

Rockpile - Seconds of Pleasure
  5. T68

Why are the older idler wheel turntables so highly regarded?

With these old clunkers the saying: "with great effort comes great reward" seems true. I am starting to think my custom heavy plinth L75 based build is my endgame platform. I may tweak and adjust and swap arms, but that amazing beating heart of that high torque 240 volt motor stays!
  6. T68

Anti rocking system for TT on Dutch barge

I think any old Dual with the springloaded vtf could work. There were ads back in the day of these tables playing tilted almost upside down. Wave movements are low frequency and smooth so the those tt:s should be able to handle it. Just theorising here though...
  7. T68

Lenco L75/PTP6

I think that a lot of other factors are more important that long tonearms. They improve tracking errors a bit, that's true, but they are harder to accommodate and may also sacrifice rigidity. Personally I have never heard any issues with my 9 inchers that I believe would improve with adding...
  8. T68

New Sl-100c wobble

If trying reseating the platter doesn't fix it I would go for a replacement. That amount of movement is not acceptable on a brand new turntable for this price.
  9. T68

10. T68

Garrard Zero 100 In The House

Yes, member @tothmes here makes great working grommets made of silicone. Made a significant improvement in rumble level on my z100. He, like me, is located in Sweden,. Not sure how to purchase them abroad. But he will hopefully jump in here and tell.
  11. T68

Lenco L75/PTP6

Go get it!
  12. T68

Do you have two turntables set up for different reasons?

That's my homebuilt Lenco based contraption with a diy:ed tonearm with a sideways unipivot bearing :)
  13. T68

Do you have two turntables set up for different reasons?

Got the trusty old Garrard Z100 as a backup when my diy build goes haywire every now and then. Hey, did I just call a 50 year old advanced British fully mechanical automatic "trusty"?!
  14. T68

No, the artist is not "Chris-78" :) . Vinyl in better shape than the cover on this thriftshop find.
  15. T68

16. T68

Non MC great carts of all time, those carts that show MC how it is done what is yours?

Never had the opportunity (or budget) to listen to mc cartridges so I cannot compare. But I think my ADC ZLM would put up a decent fight.
  17. T68

Gerrard Zero 100

I totally agree with Bruno and Vauxhall. Great turntable. A real looker. But may be a bit of a challenge to get running properly if it has been sitting unused and not had proper service done. Here's mine.
  18. T68

Garrard Zero 100 speed issue

If memory serves me right the motor pulley on the Z100 can be raised/lowered by loosing a grub screw holding it to the motor axle, to set the correct speed with pitch knob centered. But first follow the already given advice to clean the surfaces. Also check so the pivoting arm the idler is...
  19. T68

Lab 80

Oh, looks like hours of fun ;) ! ...seriously: congratulations! There´s something special with these old clunkers
  20. T68

Miles Davis - In a Silent Way
  21. T68

Does Garrard have the worst wow & flutter?

Check the idler from the side. If it's not parallel with the top plate it can cause wow. Sometimes the idlers on these gets banged when the platter is mounted and the bracket the idler is mounted on gets a bend. It can carefully be bent to get the idler sitting straight. My Zero 100 measures...
  22. T68

Garrard LAB 80 in the house.

With great effort comes great reward.
  23. T68

Best budget cartridges of all time post yours

Find a beat up old but still working Shure M75 cartridge body for cheap and get a Swiss black diamond nude elliptical aftermarket stylus for it. ...with that said, agree on the AT3600L.
  24. T68

RCA Broadcast Idler Turntable Restoration

<Deleted>
  25. T68

AR Turntable (My first turntable - help!)

Maybe stating the obvious: but did you connect the cartridge wires the right way on the vm95e? If i remember correct the pinout differs from the Ortofon cartridge.
Back
Top Bottom