Search results

1. Marksj

Marantz 2245 Phono Stage

I purchased this unit 3 year's ago when it came up locally. I am happy with everything so far but curious if the phono Stage in this particular model is ok, very good or needs help compared to other recievers. It had been gone through by the person I purchased it from but he told me he didn't...
  2. Marksj

What cartridge/stylus do you have in your AR/XA

I have a SME tonearm that has been modded. Just curious to hear what everyone is using. I am using a M75 cartridge with a M75 EJ stylus. I am satisfied with it currently but during the cold indoor months I am listening to more vinyl. Any opinions with cost of your current setup? Starting to fall...
  3. Marksj

Yamaha CR-800 meters

Just curious what some have done with the VU meter and signal strength meters. It appears they have a foil wrap around them. Anyway it is deteirating and flaking of. Can the meters be pulled out and that material removed with out heat damage or light escaping around the housing that the meters...
  4. Marksj

Sl-d3 exterior cleaning

Well since I have more time on my hands now that I would try and clean up the TT. Idiot person before me had taped some things to the top of the table. So, what is safe to the finish to remove the residual adhesive and then maybe polish or clean the top? Tried diluted dish soap and magic eraser...
  5. Marksj

Yamaha Cr-800 drifts in fm

Have a chance to get one. However seller states FM drifts? It is off. I know it can be impossible to advise over the net but major problem? I am fully aware that buying vintag things are old and can go bad. However I am willing to take the chance on vintage gear because I love it. Thanks
  6. Marksj

Cr-800

My high school memories are messing with me. I had this as my first receiver in 1973. Got married and latter had trouble with it. Maybe in the mid 80s. Anyway can't remember what was the exact problem other than it wasn't worth the repair from the shop I took it to. I was short of money having...
  7. Marksj

VU meters

Would someone be willing to help me with va schematic for hooking up some VU meters? I see some listed on the auction site for around $20. Don't know if I can put the link here. They have led lights too. Do l have to open up the receiver to do this? I really don't want to. Crazy prices on stand...
  8. Marksj

Coupon?

Don't know if this is allowed or not. Please delete if no allowed. Looking for a Vinyl Nirvana discount code.
  9. Marksj

Sony PS-X70

Anyone have any opinions on this table? Looked at several pictures of it. Looks clean,wond wonder about pros and cons. Thanks
  10. Marksj

Thorens tonearm

Is this an original tonearm?
  11. Marksj

Headshell cartridge SL D3?

Please bear with my ignorance on this matter. I have just acquired a SL d3 and it has a Otorfon installed on it. Without a needle.I would like the ability to go to a P mount,i think this is correct. It would allow me to change cartridges easier or more options? I do not know if I am explaining...
  12. Marksj

Speaker suggestions under$200

Have a Marantz 2245 in a room 14' x16'x 8' ceiling. Listen to 60s and early 70s music mostly. Is there a new speaker that would be better to check out? Would like vintage but don't want to work on them to get them back to shape? Any ideas?
  13. Marksj

Have an old entry level Yamaha tt. Would there be much better better performance from a $60 cartridg

Hate to spend more than that. Also how about the needle. Try to resurrect a 40 yr old turn table. Yamaha pt 211. Will check speed too. I bought this new back then.
  14. Marksj

Easier cheaper parts available vintage receiver brands to look at?

Starting to get the bug! I had a yamaha 45 years ago. Not sure of the model number now. Seems like it was unrepairable or not cost effective to repair 20 years ago. Had kids and bills to pay but here I am. Not trying to start a model war but looking for suggestions.
Back
Top Bottom